It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It spreads. The 99% scatter outward.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Yep, Europe is definitely a utopia. That's why it's in worse shape than we are financially (even with Obama's blunders). Have you checked the news lately?

If the U.S. didn't shoulder the burden of protecting these countries so they don't have to spend their money on defense, or that American taxpayers didn't bail out their banks and carry the burden of the UN and IMF, they wouldn't have the money to have those great social welfare societies.

Bring our troops home, kick the UN out of New York, and then watch the picture change in Europe really fast. Don't kid yourself, without America this world would crumble, and if things don't soon change here, you'll be seeing that very thing happen shortly.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfG

Its the yes men guy.
Prove to me its not??

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by SonOfG

Its the yes men guy.
Prove to me its not??

Statement on BBC News channel interview with trader Alessio Rastani

Date: 27.09.2011

The BBC have today issued the following statement regarding an interview with trader Alessio Rastani on the BBC News channel yesterday (Monday 26 September):

“We’ve carried out detailed investigations and can’t find any evidence to suggest that the interview with Alessio Rastani was a hoax. He is an independent market trader and one of a range of voices we’ve had on air to talk about the recession.”

BBC Press Office

And Statement from the Yes Men:

The Yes Men wish to commend Mr. “Alessio Rastani” for his masterful performance as “trader” on BBC World yesterday. Mr. Rastani’s real name is Granwyth Hulatberi; he once appeared on CNBC MarketWrap as a “representative” of the WTO. Well done, Granwyth! You’re getting better and better.

Just kidding. We’ve never heard of Rastani. Despite widespread speculation, he isn’t a Yes Man. He’s a real trader who is, for one reason or another, being more honest than usual.

There you go Link
edit on 28-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
bbc press office sorry link didnt work first time
they do look kinda like cousins maybe you should run with that

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

This is not a fraud. Its already proven....the guy is the real deal.

He is not a hoax....You are 100% wrong.

Please post that link in the OP so people stop thinking it is

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9/28/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Do we have any economists here? Is what the trader's saying true? Are peoples savings just gonna disappear?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

When a currency devalues to the point that its worth less than the paper its printed on and all you hold in your savings is that currency then yes your entire savings would simply vanish.

en.wikipedia.org...

Germany went through its worst inflation in 1923. In 1922, the highest denomination was 50,000 Mark. By 1923, the highest denomination was 100,000,000,000,000 Mark. In December 1923 the exchange rate was 4,200,000,000,000 Marks to 1 US dollar.[20] In 1923, the rate of inflation hit 3.25 × 106 percent per month (prices double every two days). Beginning on 20 November 1923, 1,000,000,000,000 old Marks were exchanged for 1 Rentenmark so that 4.2 Rentenmarks were worth 1 US dollar, exactly the same rate the Mark had in 1914.

And there we have the reason all currency should be backed by a valuable resource like silver or gold. Paper has no value.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zapr1943

You are almost right but come on you ever been to Glasgow check out were im from its called Drumchapel it is like a 3rd world country in some parts people starving no jobs average life expectancy of about 55 then 3minutes along street the one of glasgows most wealthy areas Bearsden take a look.

Their is no us or them, we are all in the same boat , we all have to relize our country our race and our life do not matter its like sheep in one field blaming sheep in the next for the farmers abuse.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GreatScot

you're totally right. I too thought immediately of the YesMen when I saw the trader interview, but he's quite clearly not the same guy as in the Bhopal Video. That dude had way weirder eyes! Drums'r'fun - you might want to check your brains facial recognition software! Asides from the hair colour and style (and the fact he's a he), its quite clearly not the same guy.
Its been mentioned already, but the BBC have looked into it and found no evidence of a hoax, and the YesMen deny any association. It certainly looks like he's no bigtime trader, but he is a trader none the less.
edit on 28-9-2011 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

Edit: Im from the Glasgow area, and Ive been to drumchapel. No offence, but its a #hole. total cowboy-country!

edit on 28-9-2011 by AbdulAlhazred because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AbdulAlhazred

Thanks for your comment did you get that from The Scotland Tourism Board.

Very nice quote may just Nick that if you dont lock it down

edit on 28-9-2011 by GreatScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I ask of you, not demand of you:

Spread the message where you can. If you are not comfortable with doing it on facebook (I'm with you on that one), spread it on other internet mediums. Spread it by word of mouth. Talk to those who you know are fed up, tired, and backed into a corner. Talk to those 20 somethings like me, talk to the 30 somethings, talk to the 40 somethings, talk to everyone! Let them know that they are not alone! Let them know that every move by the people starts our small, starts out looking like a joke. Let them know that there are those who stand by them, and let them know that there are others in the dark...there are others in the dark, waiting to be united with those who are ready to affect change.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So where do we go from here? Start a commune in the Libyan desert and have Barack Hussein Obama sing KumbaYa for us while we burn dollar bills and drink tea?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Maybe the real goal is for us to build concrete apartment houses with six families per 2 bedroom apartment and call it New Ukraine with Barry Soetoro and the EU as our leader. Who said the Soviet Union was dead?! Let the riots start!

Honestly, you anti-capitalists are pathetic scum that need to grow up and get a job. Oh that's right. Obama hasn't given us his jobs plan yet. My bad.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Yep, Europe is so good, they sent their elite troops (all 35 and a helicopter) to Libya to oust Gahdafi. Only they forgot to round up the missing 20,000 shoulder fired missiles that will probably find their way to an airport near you. With Europe in charge of things, who needs a disaster? They can't fight their way out of a wet paper bag. They have already created a fiancial disaster with their Euro. Not to mention they started 2 world wars that they couldn't finish by themselves either. And now they are running around the middle east inciting riots.

Sorry to break the news to you but riots in the US are going...well..no where. We aren't interested. Never have been and when we do blow things up and take names, we don't throw rocks. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by cryptographrix

In no way is taking responsibility pessimism.

I wasn't referring to your comment about "taking responsibility."

The view of the world that you subscribe to as consisting of "shackles" is limiting.

You present the concept of responsibility as if you consider your actions to force your involvement in the world around you - somehow you manage to disconnect actions from consequences in such a way as to view "taking responsibility" as a form of punishment.

It's not a form of punishment, and you're not shackled. None of us are.

It's relieving to see the opportunities presented to you as the opportunities they are.

Try it some time.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

OP- I do not believe anyone could have possibly spoken any more eloquently about these times than you just did. We are all ONE. We CAN and WILL win this fight for our future, but only if we resist the ploys to violence- that is exactly what they want. We will win with peace and truth- we cannot degrade ourselves to the primitive action of violence. Our very existence hangs in the balance.

I have written this quote a couple times before, and it has become so relevant to the current plight of our world, I am considering making it my signature. This was written as part of a script by J. Michael Stryczinski for Babylon 5, so all the credit for this insight goes to him, although I have changed the "you" to "we":

"The world needs what we can be when we are no longer afraid; when we know who we are, and why we are, and what we want; when we are no longer looking for reasons to live, but can simply be."

Be strong everyone. We will get through this together, and what will come of it will be a world so much better than this, that we will never return to the current form. Do not be afraid.

edit on 28-9-2011 by Quantum Logic because: bolded quote, remove irrelevant text

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
After we win, the first thing we should torch is the media for being the biggest hypocrites of all time and history of history. Theyre not doing theyre job, reporting the vents of the worlds as the y happen un-biasedly.

..... or atleast do a major re-haul of it and change everything.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

this has been all foreseen.

but it is moving forward in a different way than predicted by some.

let's hope it doesn't take the path of all out civil - then global- physical war.

that will NOT benefit us in any way, as we will all mostly be...dead.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Finally

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Sol Roth: How did we come to this?
-Soylent Green (1973)

I think the most worrying part of the BBC interview with the trader, is that it shocked people. A lot of people thought it was a hoax and/or the guy was an impostor. Then they try to discredit him by saying, weeeelll, he is only a private trader - what does he know. Personally, I stopped watching television 7 or 8 years ago because it was manipulative, biased trash. You finally get somebody on TV, who is unscripted and not in somebody's pocket telling it how it is... and people can't handle it.

Is your money going to disappear? Sure it's a possibility if the banking structures break down. Personally, I wouldn't take the advice of the trader and take out credit default swaps on the stock markets going belly up. That assumes there will be somebody left to pay out.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Well, ultimately, we did give them our consent - -the litmus test being that they're still in power.

But they also traduced the masses quite a bit, to get that consent. And arranged various "accidents" and "lone nut" encounters for those who stood in the way....

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join