It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It spreads. The 99% scatter outward.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
It was bound to occur. Looks like Occupy Wall Street was simply the beginning. It's always the case that protests are laughed at, mocked, and ridiculed for their origins and goals. They are "too big" "too vague" "too idealistic". There are many who will deny this as the young and lazy fighting against the system that allows them to do such a thing. So be it. So be it. It is the young who will occupy the future, therefore it will be the young that choose the future in which they live. It can not be stopped, except by the waning will and short attention span of youth. We have grown far too comfortable, the system has made us this way, and when the slightest change...say, an economic downturn occurs, and we find ourselves out of luck, out of jobs, and without a future...When our degrees, and our years of debt allows us no comfort for the future., then we will craft our own. I doubted my brothers and sisters in their opposition against the machine. I have doubted, and I have been wrong. Our hearts burn with a flame so bright, a flame that spreads to each and everyone of us.

It is in our nature to build a future specifically for ourselves and our children. This was bound to happen. Your precious system threatens our lively-hood unashamedly:

We were conned:

And then we woke up...

I am not anonymous....I shall be a simple observer, taking no side. I fulfill my duty in the middle path. I shall watch and I shall write, and I shall one day publish the fight in words of valor, strength, and courage. Win or Lose....I will be a simple observer who will one day tell the story to others around the world.

You've created us, you've promised us, and you've made us entitled...
I understand that this revolution emerges from our own greed, selfishness, and inability to love within our means. However, it'll transform into something beautiful. These economic systems won't last, and this burning in our hearts seemingly grows stronger everyday.

It seems as if there is no stopping this. There is no stopping the youth...
May The Unity Consciousness make this revolution peaceful...because if it's not, things will go beyond anyone's control. May peace guide our hands, and love our souls. The future is brightened by our burning hearts, not the razed wastelands of society.

This will spread, and let us hope that it spreads in peace.
edit on 27-9-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
while i agree your post made me think of a video it was well done its V for Vendetta and this is what i thought of the main speech

"The True Genius of the plan was fear, fear became the ultimate tool of the government"

edit on 27-9-2011 by Calex1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I support this with everything i have to offer.
I'm broke for the most part, in debt as well. And making just enough to make loan payments and bills. Some of its my own fault i guess...

But i get taxed like crazy too...
Wonder why my tax money is going.

29 billion dollar jets.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

It's all our faults. We did this to ourselves by giving them our consent. Let us slowly revoke that consent and leave them guilty of the rape that they have placed upon us. Let us look in the mirrors and accept our blame, let us look to our brothers and sisters and join hands. Let us free ourselves from oppression, from depression, and from the shackles that bind. Let us free ourselves from our own twisted greed, with these bare hands...united, in a cause...a cause for a brighter future.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Ah yes, thanks for posting this.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Cancer and heart failure generally stop the youth.

But seriously - until there is a distributed, concerted effort to stop the people that don't develop anything from charging people for everything, "Anon" can be targeted just as easily as "Al Qaeda" was, and whatever the heck people call themselves won't matter because the new catchphrase will be "linked to Anon."

After fighting for a while, the cancer will kick in, and will generally come in one of various forms. It could start off looking harmless and bite you later. It could start off looking functional and chicken out. Or it could start off looking malevolent enough for you to focus on it while other cancers rot at your organization in other directions.

The "anon spray paint night" type # is stupid and meant to get you to identify yourselves. It is one form of cancer.

The asshole that's trying to get you to do anything violent or malicious or even slightly illegal (see Ruby Ridge) - he's another form of cancer. Listen to him and you'll end up pooing bullets.

The guy with all the connections to police and Feds - he's not going to help you, and he's obligated to maintain the system in exactly the same state it's in for his family's sake. Until you give him an honorable and proud way out, he's just going to be "the guy with the connections." A way out is NOT another source of income.

Identifying cancer is crucial, but it's only the start. You need to focus on the philosophy you have decided to subscribe to, personally, since a distributed journey is more of a personal journey that eventually gets extroverted.

Violence in any form is not going to solve this, nor is any direct or indirect threat. The incentive for everybody to get involved needs to be there, and most people will not join at the real risk of life.

This is a deep subject, but think of it as an opportunity.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

YW i loved V for Vendetta it kinda relates to how the world is now and is a true movie that can inspire and relate to the situations at hand and what they are doing at wall street is exactly what needs to be done...for are words are weapons and they will never lose their power.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Lastly, everybody, and I mean everybody, is Anonymous.

Even the "observers" are part of the non-structure.

It's what happens in a distributed system. You're just not active, and that's ok too.

Observation changes reality just as much as effort, only not as fast.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
From the Irish protests:

dailybail.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calex1987

...for are words are weapons and they will never lose their power.

are=our in this context, and words are only "weapons" when you use them correctly, although you probably don't want the analogy to remain that way, because eventually the weapon turns on you.

It's better to think of words as a medium of exchange (currency, even). The value and amount determined by the effort put into them.

As a weapon, they will divide people easily, and without thinking about them, you too will become divided.

As a medium of exchange, the power can be used to unite.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

i know i saw the error and had to bio so i said ah hell with it and bio won haha sorry
and you make a really good point
its all on how we use are words can they be the weapon to defend the people or..one of the greatest against our selves.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by AzureSky

It's all our faults. We did this to ourselves by giving them our consent. Let us slowly revoke that consent and leave them guilty of the rape that they have placed upon us. Let us look in the mirrors and accept our blame, let us look to our brothers and sisters and join hands. Let us free ourselves from oppression, from depression, and from the shackles that bind. Let us free ourselves from our own twisted greed, with these bare hands...united, in a cause...a cause for a brighter future.

There are no shackles and there is no depression.

We subscribe to this. We can just as easily unsubscribe - we just need to have something different to do.

Faults are inherent in all of us - that is never justification to divide.

Unity is easy. We are unified.

Greed is a part of the system.

The future is actually very bright.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I would disagree on the point of the shackles. The shackles are our dependency, much like an addict. The shackles are our incessant greed. We do this to ourselves, every time. It's time we admit responsibility for our actions. It's time we step towards change.

I do agree with you, the future is very bright. Question is...will we need shades?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Do we have any economists here? Is what the trader's saying true? Are peoples savings just gonna disappear?

edit on 28-9-2011 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

I would disagree on the point of the shackles. The shackles are our dependency, much like an addict. The shackles are our incessant greed. We do this to ourselves, every time. It's time we admit responsibility for our actions. It's time we step towards change.

I do agree with you, the future is very bright. Question is...will we need shades?

Wow, you're pessimistic. We don't have a choice but to be responsible for our actions - that's how cause and effect works.

Dependency happens. Greed also happens. For all your utopian speech, neither you or anyone else have a way around that. You're not going to find one unless you plan to telepathically monitor every single human being on the planet.

Creating a system that takes it into account can easily help most of the dilemma we face, but doing what our parents did isn't that.

Declaring a specific action to be prohibited, and then punishing people as an artificial consequence for that prohibited action doesn't work.

Greed, dependency, whatever abstract concept you come up with to prohibit - ideally, sure, let's get rid of it. Practically speaking - we're not going to do it via hard enforcement.

Unless you also plan to be more violent than what we already have.

But then, what benefits do your plan provide?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The trader is NOT a trader or insider.
He is one of the YES MEN.
It was a joke.
Whether its true or not...it was a joke.

See this is the same guy hoaxing another interview.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Theres a huge difference when it comes to greed
If someone works hard, and makes a million a year. Then thats a different story

They're talking about greed on such a grand scale that it doesnt compare to the 'millionaires'.

We're talking about the people who get multi-million dollar bonuses, billion/trillion dollar bailouts, useless stimulus packages that are to 'create' jobs, yet. no jobs to be seen.

Eliminating THAT greed is the first priority methinks

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Ahh, I see.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. It's obvious now you've told me.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

The trader is NOT a trader or insider.
He is one of the YES MEN.
It was a joke.
Whether its true or not...it was a joke.

See this is the same guy hoaxing another interview.

Not really a joke when its pretty much true.
the 'ex-CEO' of Goldman Sachs is -the- financial 'adviser' i suppose, for the US government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join