It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flight on 9/11 anniversary ends in handcuffs for housewife

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Flight on 9/11 anniversary ends in handcuffs for housewife

www.msnbc.msn.com

Shoshana Hebshi will never forget where she was on the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11.
She and two other airline passengers were handcuffed and strip-searched after flying into Detroit on Sunday.
No charges were filed.
An agent thanked her for being cooperative, she wrote.He said they had to act on a report of suspicious behavior, and this is what the reaction looks like. He said there had been 50 other similar incidents across the country that day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
shebshi.wordpress.com

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Flying while middle-eastern has become the new driving while african-american.

Welcome to the new terror police state.

They storm the plain with machine guns drawn, after the plane safely lands and molest this woman and the other middle-eastern looking people on the plane.

I wonder if they started this on 9/11 anivirsary and are going to make it a more frequent habit from now on.

It's a brave new world...

The Additional News Link is her own blog about the incident. Here is an excerpt:

Before I knew it, about 10 cops, some in what looked like military fatigues, were running toward the plane carrying the biggest machine guns I have ever seen–bigger than what the guards carry at French train stations.

My last tweet:

Majorly armed cops coming aboard

Someone shouted for us to place our hands on the seats in front of us, heads down. The cops ran down the aisle, stopped at my row and yelled at the three of us to get up. “Can I bring my phone?” I asked, of course. What a cliffhanger for my Twitter followers! No, one of the cops said, grabbing my arm a little harder than I would have liked. He slapped metal cuffs on my wrists and pushed me off the plane. The three of us, two Indian men living in the Detroit metro area, and me, a half-Arab, half-Jewish housewife living in suburban Ohio, were being detained.

In the aftermath of my events on Sept. 11, 2011, I feel violated, humiliated and sure that I was taken from the plane simply because of my appearance. Though I never left my seat, spoke to anyone on the flight or tinkered with any “suspicious” device, I was forced into a situation where I was stripped of my freedom and liberty that so many of my fellow Americans purport are the foundations of this country and should be protected at any cost.

source

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-9-2011 by pianopraze because: added quote from blog

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

loads of Middle easterners in the Detroit area..

the Chaldean's wont go for this.. (the're the christian, Arabs)

Chaldean Americans are descendants of people from the northern Tigris-Euphrates Valley, presently located in the Middle Eastern nation of Iraq. The majority of Chaldean Americans live in Detroit, Michigan, although there are also Chaldean Americans in Chicago, Illinois; El Cajon, San Jose, and Turlock, California; and Oaxaca, Mexico. It is difficult to determine the exact number of Chaldeans in the United States because they are not represented as such in the U.S. Census. According to statistical projections from previous data on the Chaldean American community, however, it is estimated that Chaldeans in the Detroit metropolitan area may number as many as 70,000 to 80,000

Chaldean Americans are a highly religious people proud of their Christian heritage. According to legend, they were converted to Christianity by the Apostle Thomas on one of his missionary journeys to the East. Read more: Chaldean Americans - History, Migration to the united states, Acculturation and Assimilation, Language www.everyculture.com...

www.everyculture.com...
edit on 9/13/11 by darrman because: add a thingy

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Surprised they haven't arrested all the new white middle class Terrorists.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

First they came...

First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.

SSDD. History repeats before our very eyes.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Somebody saw something...A middle Eastern Woman.

They said something..."She looks suspicious" (because she's middle eastern)

Thanks Janet Reno. We're all safer now.

That's all it takes. Want to cause trouble for a person of a different skin color in your neighborhood? Just say something.

The reality is that the next "Terrorists" will be Caucasian. Then it's the perfect situation that will make 100% of the population a possible threat.

People wanted to be secure instead of free....well, they got it.

edit on 13-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I had read this earlier, glad you started the discussion!
This is disturbing! Very!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? This is blatant racism. How dare they detain someone because of their appearance. We are ALL part of the human race and much larger part of the world. When we point fingers at each other and make stupid assumptions because of someone's skin color is when the world turns ugly. I remember the story of an Iraq/Afghanistan vet that came back from tour duty and was called terrorist and other uncivil names. It's a ridiculous culture we live in.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Se7enex because: spelling

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Fitting day for something like this to happen. Whoever they are, they won on 9/11 because this country is dust in the wind, dude.

Fear everywhere, it's so sad. Orwell would be astonished to see how close he was to reality.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Almost prophetic isn't he?

Police State, here...We...Go.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Se7enex because: Additional Stuff

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

Yeah, they will work from us vets to you common people... look at this brainwashing... training boyscouts swat style to take out who???

disgruntled Iraq war veteran, has already taken out two people, one slumped in his desk, the other covered in blood on the floor.

ny times link

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Kids with guns. What has the world come to?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Se7enex

When dad was in high school they used to have shooting clubs... people used to goto school with guns for after-school activities.

Kids with guns is not what bothers me, I grew up shooting.

What bothers me is the government police state propaganda....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I would congratulate the Authorities for being so viligant, unlike prior to September the 11th , we don't know the full story on this either, just her media rant?
She may have deliberately acted strange to attract this attention then ....ranting to the media, laying the groundwork for future viligance to be curtailed against the Middle eastern terror community.

I say God bless the Police, or would you rather have another s 11?

This time the middle easterners weren't ready to hijack a plane, but next time they might.

It pays to be on guard against the enemy.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Good luck with that

I suppose you believe the OS too...

When apathy and fear rule... evil wins

ETA I suppose you mean these enemies:

edit on 14-9-2011 by pianopraze because: added video

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Just because a member diagrees with your blatant anti -anti terrorism thread, doesn't mean they need to be subject to one line smart alec retorts, that contain base emotion not logic

There were good reasons why the Governemnet was worried on the anniversary of s11.

In Australia ...muslims were caught on camera celebrating (cheering and laughing as footage of the Towers being levelled was broadcast, you may think most Islamists love the west ...but many believe they do not.

No one condones discrimination, but the fact is US, British, Australian, canadian troops are being killed by Islamists the world over.

Read your history of NOI , their founding principles....the same NOI that has educated millions of Africans to their hateful anti western, anti whiteman viewpoint.

This woman may not be a terrorist but , neither may have the S11 hijackers, but turns out they were.

If you are American start supporting your troops...your nation, lest ye be a traitor.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I disagree OP, it's about time we started "profiling"...

More often than not, if you appear Middle Eastern or are wearing a burqa, TSA waives you right through.

Then, when your middle-aged white school teacher wife tries to get through, she gets naked body scanned and hands down her pants.

Political Correctness is a disease, come on.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

If you are American start supporting your troops...your nation, lest ye be a traitor.

I'm a 100% disabled vet.

I've sacrificed my life, my body, and my mind.

Funny thing. I swore an oath do protect and defend the Constitution against ALL ENEMIES foreign and DOMESTIC...

The terrorist I'm worried about are those SHREDDING our Constitution. Those using my brothers and sisters as cannon fodder for their globalist schemes and destroying my nation.

So I support our troops much more, thank you very much. I support them coming home and not suffering!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

How about profiling these war-mongers for a rope necktie?

How about stop bombing sovereign nations?

How about getting our "intelligence agencies" to leave other nations the heck alone?

Maybe if we did that we wouldn't have to worry about "terrorists" as much... don't you think?

ETA (eta this is carlin, graphic language warning, but absolute truth warning also):

edit on 14-9-2011 by pianopraze because: added videos

edit on 14-9-2011 by pianopraze because: added graphic language warnign

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I totally agree with your points.

But, why shouldn't we profile people that really look like "terrorists"?

Israel does in its airports.

It's all meant to make us obedient, average Americans are the new "terrorists"...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join