It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.8 Earthquake felt in central PA FROM VIRGINIA!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

5.8 Earthquake felt in central PA FROM VIRGINIA!!!

earthquake.usgs.gov

Wowo that was a good one must have been pretty rough in VA... So it starts now

The quake is here:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

That was a huge movement in PA
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The whole office building shook!

Must have been a doosie in VA

I hope this is not the start of the faultline opening and cleaving.

More info to follow as available and updated, should make the news.
Hope eveyone is OK and safe in Mineral Virginia
Thoughts and prayers are with everone affected as this probably was traumatic

earthquake.usgs.gov
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I'm in northern Virginia. All we got here was some rattled windows. I wasn't even sure what was going on at first, I just thought it was due to a large truck passing or a low flying helicopter. We animals are still freaked out though.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I felt it in NYC - scared the yit out of me. Never felt one before and it seemed like it lasted a few minutes

edit on 23-8-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

We felt it here in Cresco, Pa, about 12 miles north of Stroudsburg. Colorado, Virginia, Where next??

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
i live in new bern nc area and i just felt it here about 155 pm it rattlrd me in bed

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Felt it in Niagara Falls, NY.. Was about as powerful as the one we had last summer from Ontario... Felt the same rolling feeling more or less too. Not gonna lie, I kinda love earthquakes, but two decent ones in these parts in this amount of time kinda scares me!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I'm in Maryland and I felt it, near Baltimore. I've never felt an earthquake in my whole life of living here. Quite unusual. Apparently, it was felt all over the northeast and down the east coast going from all the threads that just popped up. Kind of freaky. I, too, thought it was a truck going by or something but then I realized it was an earthquake. Wow, just wow.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Wow! I am in far eastern West Virginia (yelling distance to Ohio border) and we felt it here! Not strong, only a couple seconds, but what an ODD feeling...like the floor rolled under my feet for a brief second. It made our house creak pretty loud, but no damage. What an unusual feeling!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
This is a pretty big quake, especially for an area not prone to bigger ones.

Be safe everyone, remember, aftershocks can and mostlikey happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I just closed Google Earth - I was looking at the earthquake swarm in Colorado - when I read this thread and fired up GE again, wondering how I could have missed the EQ in Virignia.

And it popped up right infront of me .. that's what I call timing lol

There was a guy in the other thread who mentioned something to the effect of "Did someone else notice all the earthquakes close to the 37th parallel ?" ... and that was BEFORE the one in Virginia. Very odd indeed.

I'm really going to keep an eye on the situation .. something's brewing !!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

It was upgraded to a 5.9
USGS Data for 5.9 Virginia Earthquake

And Fox Radio, just reported that The White House, is beeing evacuated.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
www.kens5.com...

Pentagon evacuated

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
the eastern seismic zones are unstable from the gulf oil spill.

the flooding was the first clue.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yea we felt it here in Bethlehem, PA. I never experienced one so I thought my computer chair was just wobbly and then I noticed my monitor and other stuff shaking a little bit. Definitely not something I thought I'd experience while living here.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I felt it from Northeastern PA. I have a buddy in Canada that just felt an earthquake as well, possibly the same quake? Pretty large radius.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Upgraded to 5.9

abovethelaw.com...

Whitehouse also evac...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, Northern Jersey and we felt it too. I didn't feel it I was in my car but everyone seemed to. It was fairly strong as the whole building shook in work and signs were moving around inside as well. My mother said the chairs were moving and she thought she was having a dizzy spell. My father was outside and didn't feel a thing...odd. My brother said he thought the building he was in was going to come down and they even got everyone out. Someone even said they thought they felt shaking early this morning.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychosocial
Yea we felt it here in Bethlehem, PA. I never experienced one so I thought my computer chair was just wobbly and then I noticed my monitor and other stuff shaking a little bit. Definitely not something I thought I'd experience while living here.

Same here! We all shot to the door frames and stuff with weird expressions.

They tried to evacuate out building.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Felt it in riverhead, long island, ny.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join