It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Raid Gun and Safe Store

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not familiar with NCIS but I would assume so. And yes many OSI, if not all, are “civilian” Federal Agents.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

The actual "OSI" system in place with the Air Force is typically all civilian personnel (if I'm not mistaken).

They wear things like khakis and polo shirts. There are ways you can apply to become an OSI agent on the internet too.

As far as how the system works between the Air Force and OSI, I'm pretty sure it happens a couple different ways.

1) Airmen are recruited by OSI at some point after reporting to their first duty station, after tech school (to report anything unusual or suspicious) which I'm assuming happens after either a lengthy background check, for security clearance, or to people already holding a top secret security clearance.

2) OSI agents or agents from outside agencies recruited by OSI might be sent to tech school for training in a specific trade, then sent to their first duty station, their OSI responsibilities in the background.

I've heard reports from ex co-workers of mine from my time in the Air Force that OSI is sometimes involved with cover-ups of UFO sightings too. The UFO sighting I'm talking about happened in 1995 overseas, I won't say where. But the guy who say it explained it as a reddish/orange triangle shaped craft. Agents, which he said were OSI, made him file a complete report of what he saw and sign a non-disclosure statement... He later found out they did this for each indidual involved with the sighting.

I guess my point is that whether or not these "men in black" guys are really OSI, CID, whatever, they do exist and are well documented. Not only from witness testimony from around the world but people I knew personally. This isn't the only time I heard of them either from my time in the Military.

-ChriS

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have not read all the replies, but I do have some experience with the military. More than likely it has something to do with military gear being pawned or sold by soldiers on the base. The US military frowns on things like that, to put it mildly. Look for it, there may actually be a few court marshals coming down the line soon.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just an FYI on the story - This store does not sell guns at all!

It used to a few years ago, they sell safes/ammo/ mil surplus...

Funny how the story hypes the idea of a gun store when that is completely inaccurate.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Its probably the MREs;;;;;
They dont want the public to know what kind of crap the military has to choke down...Ham and Lima beans anyone?

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by geraldcole
What would someone expect police to do in this situation? Bring knives to what could be a quite serious gun fight? Think of the amount of weapons and munitions that a gun shop carries. They could quite easily rival a police force, imho.

Riggggggght..... because Gun Shop owners, while having an inventory of weapons, are clearly not a threat to the police or military. Why would a gun shop owner open fire on police? He owns a business and has everything to lose, like his life. Once again police call in SWAT and armed themselves to the teeth because they are scared. They were met with no resistance, as would be expected. The police were seen,by witnesses, leaving the store with weapons but the police say they did not confiscate any weapons. And too boot, they won't even tell us what was stolen in the first place, claiming it was USAF property. So this remains a mystery

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by geraldcole

But they also show up like that if your selling.....milk.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Where I live the Navy got together with a group just like this and raided a home then a pawn shop. Someone stole some kind of sighting device from fighter jets and sold them. Stupid guy put a couple up on Ebay and that is how he was caught. The Navy can't do a raid on civilians without the locals and feds involved. Probably something like that

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join