It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Raid Gun and Safe Store

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Police Raid Gun and Safe Store

www.8newsnow.com

LAS VEGAS -- The U.S. Air Force led a rare raid against a Las Vegas gun shop Friday afternoon. Investigators removed pieces of evidence and took several people into custody.

The initial raid lasted less than an hour.

"These guys were in full get-up, automatic weapons," said Bahama Mamas manager Joe Gold.

Armored SWAT tanks, officers carrying machine guns, K-9s, the FBI, ATF, and the U.S. Air Force made a grand entrance at the business park on Dean Martin Drive near Flamingo Road.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kmvt.com
edit on 8/22/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
The authorities are being tight lipped and the Air Force at Nellis is there to confiscate something from the air base but they do say it was not guns or ammunition. I am wondering now what exactly was recovered and since it is from Nellis it might be something ATS folks would be interested in.

Alien tech perhaps or evidence of toxic spills someone was trying to leak to the public perhaps? I guess we shall see or it might be swept under the run.

www.8newsnow.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-8-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Get used to the military arresting you.

Desensitizing us with these raids...let us believe it is normal and right that the military does what our police used to do.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Almost seems like an episode out of Stargate where the Air Force had to go retrieve alien tech on more than one occasion.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What would someone expect police to do in this situation? Bring knives to what could be a quite serious gun fight? Think of the amount of weapons and munitions that a gun shop carries. They could quite easily rival a police force, imho.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Probably the first of many type raids against owners of gun store etc.

Its a perfect way to limit gun sales, harass the people that sell guns so they won't want too.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I would bet it could be terror related.

I doubt it was anything alien.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What possible jurisdiction could the USAF have had? I am not insinuating that they did not. On the contrary. I am stating that if this is true then it must be quite serious.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Yes terror, probably a Ron Paul supporter or something.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

We are talking about Nellis air force base here. The premise is that they might have advanced human or alien tech there. If it was not munitions being stolen as the story says then perhaps it was something of a tech nature or perhaps information like toxic dumping or what have you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Probably the first of many type raids against owners of gun store etc.

Its a perfect way to limit gun sales, harass the people that sell guns so they won't want too.

And in other news, none of the other (however many) gun stores or gun shows or licenced fierarms dealers or pribvate persons selling firearms (or whatever else is allowed in Nevada) in Las Vegas were raided this weekend......authorities fail to harrass the people who sell guns.

Airforce involvement? then I'll be a dollar against a knob of goat dung it's a missile or similar that has been stolen, so they have USAF personnel to make safe and take custody of it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Something got out that shouldn't have and they want info on who the dealer got it from.

There was a documentary last year about the land speed record chasers and the jet cars that they are building. One builder talked about how he was investigated by the FBI because he bought a current-model military engine from an army surplus store.

He got 'caught' because he wrote the company who built the engine and requested the tech manual so he could work on it.

edit on 21-8-2011 by [davinci] because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
All they would have to do to get the USAF involved would be attempting to sell a drone, whether it be military made or even home made with military features.

Didn't someone get shut down trying to sell one in ebay recently?

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
If it was just about guns, it wouldn't have involved the military.

Someone got ahold of something they REALLY shouldn't have.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

If it was some spooky stuff, it wouldn't be on the news. The gunshop and its owner would cease to exist on any record or database. Air Force Security Forces and local cops wouldn't be handling spooky stuff. The spooky people handle the spooky stuff.
edit on 21/8/11 by MikeboydUS because: it

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
My 2 cents is Nellis is chasing stolen property - just because they said it wasn't guns and ammunition there's no reason to exclude rockets, missles, aerial bombs, cannons, lasers (and so forth) or any of the defensive detection systems, radars, guidance, communications, command and control systems (and so forth).

ganjoa

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Perhaps the Air Force participated in order to recover a rogue weather balloon? That would certainly make for a nostalgic headline.

It is odd that AF personnel participated. Stolen military wares that find their way to outlying military stores and/or gun shops are not typically recovered by MP or SPs. On that note, however, my company in '00 had an M998 Troop Carrier that went missing out of Fort Bragg, NC. Surprisingly enough, our commander had many of us dispatch vehicles &--believe it or not--travel throughout Virginia, North Carolina, & South Carolina looking for the missing vehicle. It was eventually discovered in South Carolina, parked in a remote creek bed; and to some extent we did work in tandem with Sherrifs' departments & the feds, although there was certainly no door kicking occurring either.

Ah well. Whatever was recovered is probably much like an old television commercial in which this old owl asks how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop. Answer: the world may never know.
edit on 21-8-2011 by Axebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
So many comments, so little people actually reading the article.

This did not origionate with civilian authorities. This started with military investigations on an airforce base and included missing weapons.

While Posse Commitatus prevents active duty military from engaging in civilian law enforcement functions, its does NOT prevent then from serving on a juoint FEderal taskforce.

Also it does not prevent military from being requested by civilian authorities to assist in very narrow parameters.

So to the people who want to fearmonger becaus eof ignorance, please take the time to learn how the law works before posting.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

As a educated guess, I would venture that the automatic weapons stolen from that California base were there. They were AK-74’s and a Dragonov if I remember correctly. We should know shortly.

Those weapons are Federal property, hence the military, just in case there those who were prepared to use them. I guarantee the local SWAT would not have been able to handle the situation so they asked for back up.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

military issue gear is very sensitive.Good for the Air Force. We dont need mil.spec. gear on the streets. period. again I say Good for the Air Force.
edit on 21-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-8-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: poor taste on the part of the OP

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join