It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by spacevisitor

To say aliens are coming here that ARE MORE INTELLIGENT than us, then after they get here they draw us some pics in the wheat or dirt to communicate with us? Or to send us a message.? Sounds sort of silly when you really think about it. If they have the advanced techical capibilities to traverse space or other dimension's. Then draw some pics in the dirt? Think about that a second.................... All the # we got in space and they by pass it all and draw some pics in a wheat field or the sand in the middle of nowhere in code.Get real people.

If their out there their so advanced their capibilities would be like magic to us. They would us math, not cryptic math but solid math we could easily understand. All of us, not just some.

What's the precedent?

We are forced to now either accept that aliens are not more intelligent than us, having to actually think about, and take many years, to process what materials to use, or that they are man made, as evident by the change in style, from it being another country.

We are not forced to anything here and to think that Aliens who are coming here from wherever are not more intelligent than us is in my opinion injudicious.
For the time being we need more information and pictures in order to be able to say more about it.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scout...

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Berenai

Again, I'll ask, does anyone else see the road/path leading to the left side of the formation, at the far end (at the foot of the mountains), in the last picture?

yes... very plainly. did i miss the sale on crazy pills today?
edit on 20-8-2011 by Scout... because: (no reason given)

You and me both pal. Honestly it looks like a subdivision...

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I've been keeping up with this thread, and I have to say that my favorite 'hypothesis' so far is definitely the Space Whales.

SPACE WHALES 2012!!!
Coming soon to a desert near you.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

reply to post by underspace

Certainly not more intelligent than man

So they are

I don't see any reason to view them as intelligent.

I didn't say they were
But you said not intelligent.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

In context to the question posed. Being more intelligent than us. Re read it.

I would not be surprised to find these "damn galactic graffiti whales" to have equal or less intelligence to man, but still intelligent enough to understand art. That is, after all, what a whale, or an elephant, or an ape is.

What I said, from the beginning, is that the fact that it took them this long to realize, indicates to me that they are not that familiar with terrain, and the fact it took that long leaves me to question their intellect. It also hints at something having evolved not on a planet.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I need to 're-read' your posts to understand the context, but you never really responded to my critique. Doesn't seem fitting for you to hand out home work

To reiterate: space-fairing whales able to warp time that make a conscious decision to make terrestrial art... are on the same level of intelligence as our primates?? I don't know why I am bothering here.

Not saying I buy into this space whale stuff hahaha, I just found your statement rather outlandish.

What I said, from the beginning, is that the fact that it took them this long to realize, indicates to me that they are not that familiar with terrain, and the fact it took that long leaves me to question their intellect. It also hints at something having evolved not on a planet.

Perhaps I did miss a few posts of yours. I will re-read for context after all, as I am not sure what all this is about

edit on 21-8-2011 by underspace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by spacevisitor

Maybe it was done an purpose as so we all Google Earth this particular area, as say another area that they may not want us looking at. After all the chinese did build those "ghost cities" and the rest of the world had no idea they were being built. Cities that can house millions, and are completely empty. Makes you wonder? Does it not.

I find that personally highly unlikely.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

It goes back to the question if such a creature, hypothetical in origin, would be more intelligent than man. I just don't see how. Equal or less if anything.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Space Whales!!

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tsurugi
Space Whales!!

OMGSTEAMROLLERZ!!1

Wait, why whales?

Not beavers, then?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

It goes back to the question if such a creature, hypothetical in origin, would be more intelligent than man. I just don't see how. Equal or less if anything.

Now I get the 'equal if anything'

I don't get the 'equal or less if anything'??...

You're speaking hypothetically, and so am I. And hypothetically we have a race that is able to traverse space, warp time, and make art. My personal intelligence tells me that's on par or more intelligent than us

What's your reasoning for thinking it could be 'less'?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Same reason neanderthals were less intelligent than mankind, but still able to do everything mankind could.

There is a fuzzy area in intelligence, were we can learn and use things, even though we have no idea how they work and may even be biologically incapable of ever understanding them.

For example, an Ape could never learn language. He has no vocal chords to do so. But he can be taught sign language, something that only a mind better than its could create, but not something so terribly advanced that it cannot understand it.

Simply put, there are things that we may not even be biologically able to comprehend nor see nor experience, but can learn from others whom can biologically create it, learn it, and experience it.

And above all, this hypothetical space whale may be able to bend space time and create art, but that is no guarantee it actually has a conscious, nor an ability to innovate and create. Evolution does not follow any set pattern, nor does any one trait have to evolve with another one. Crows, for example, have evolved better than primate-level intelligence for tool use. But they have absolutely no ability to have complex emotional relationships like we do.
edit on 31-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

edit on 31-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

No. Beavers are evil Capitalist pigdogs who cut down trees and construct dams and generally destroy environments. Also, they are nerds. Just look at their teeth.

Whales swim. Aaannnnd.....if they are not swimming because they got stuck on land, they flatten stuff. Cuz they are, you know, huge.

Stuff got flattened to make this enigmatic Space-Whalic symbol. Q.E.D.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by Screwed

That's an interesting waste of time - communicating so publicly when the message is only for the government, who might already understand them anyway. If this is the case, then why bother with the cryptic nature in the first place? And why not just speak directly to the government?

What we have here are four distinct possibilities:

1. We're too stupid to understand crop circles that are meant for us, so the aliens are stupid for continuing to make them.
2. The aliens are sadistic and are just sending such cryptic messages to screw with us and watch us run around in circles, so-to-speak.
3. The aliens are sadistic and are making the messages in such a public manner to taunt us while knowing full well that the messages are only intended for (and decipherable by) the government.
4. Crop circles are terrestrial in origin.

I know which I find most logical. It doesn't preclude the possibility of the others, but it certainly makes the most sense - to me.

Now, this steamroller thing... did you also laugh at the plank and rope idea? Because people are amazingly innovative. I'm not seriously suggesting a steamroller (as I said, the comment was off-the-cuff), but I am suggesting that it's most likely man-made. And a steamroller-esque explanation would in no way surprise me.
edit on 20-8-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

Sorry I had to make my first post a reply to this:

Why are there only four "distinct" possibilities in relation to these formations being possibly made by aliens? Maybe the aliens could care less about us and they create these formations for any number of reasons - assisting in navigation, some sort of time-stamping of our planet, some sort of communication between civilizations - or for that matter - dimensions. If you want to explore ALL possible outcomes, you need to open your mind a bit more.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
THESE PICTURES ARE LOOK VERY AMAZING.I SEE THESE PICTURES FIRST TIME BUT ACCORDING TO MY KNOWLEDGE I DON'T KNOW THAT THIS MAP IS MADE IN A GOBI DESERT.HOW THIS HAPPEN?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join