It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Chinese sand circle reported southwest of Xining, China

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Quite interesting to see, it’s pretty large 1-2 km in length and it is 3-5 inches deep into the ground.

Who made it or for what purpose is unknown.

The circular formation appears to be some 1-2 km in length and looks from the photo to be engraved some 3-5 inches into the ground.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2688508c5ad2.jpg[/atsimg]

otherworldyencounters.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Wowee. Crop circles now passe?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Let's assume for a minute that this is a message from ET. First impression? Pole shift. The large circles at the poles, the 'ruptured' inner circle. If it's a pictogram then thats my take.

Still pretty incredible..3.5 inches into the ground and so precise. Cool whether its man made or not imo.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Looks like someone had some fun with a steamroller.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Looks like someone had some fun with a steamroller.

Could be, because I think that if it was done with wooden planks he or she or they must have been in top form.

edit on 20/8/11 by spacevisitor because: made a correction

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Looks like a future SAM site to me. But SAMs are mobile nowadays, why would they telegraph it? Maybe even use it to calibrate their satellite imagery when they pass over?

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Boredom is the father of invention. If we can take a plank and some rope and make intricate designs in a field, certainly we can take a steamroller and flatten some sand in a circle.
And that's assuming this is actually real and not some viral stunt.

And, if it is real: I guess we now know why you're not supposed to drive heavy machinery after taking medication.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one's asked the obvious question .... where's the tonnes of material that was excavated to make the design ? I don't see any sign of it.

1 to 2 kms in length and a depth of almost 10 cms ... thats a heck of a lot of material to dig up and then dispose off !

ETA: Hmmmmm ... I suppose instead of excavating it could have actually been compressed if it was a very loose sand/soil type of material.
edit on 20/8/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Something about this seems fishy to me.
It just seems that the Chinese are going out of their way lately (meaning the past year or two) to make UFOs, Aliens, and other extraterrestrial concepts more blatant, and attempting to "expose".

As if they are trying to merge it with their culture somehow. Chinese are weird people in general with strange ideas.....Before someone jumps my Sh** over that for not being PC, I'm married to a Chinese woman in an Asian country, so I know whereof I speak.

If I'm not mistaken the Russians did some similar things during the cold war. Where America basically made it seem as though the government had something to hide from the people, the Russians kind of made an effort to say "Look we know whats happening and we will tell you if you join with our ideologies." OR "We are good honest people with a transparent government, see we are showing you aliens and the good stuff."
The only difference now is that they are Chinese not Russians.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
very cool, we need more info regarding this

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
I'm surprised no one's asked the obvious question .... where's the tonnes of material that was excavated to make the design ? I don't see any sign of it.

1 to 2 kms in length and a depth of almost 10 cms ... thats a heck of a lot of material to dig up and then dispose off !

ETA: Hmmmmm ... I suppose instead of excavating it could have actually been compressed if it was a very loose sand/soil type of material.
edit on 20/8/11 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

If it is soft, then it will be compressed not excavated.

ETA, Never mind, failed to follow my signature again damn it. Ill leave my mistake up for everyone to see though because I at least have integrity.

edit on 20-8-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Though the Chinese are becoming more Capitalists, I do not think many people there have the money or capabilities to make something like that on their own, and in the Gobi desert. I assume the Chinese government still has a tight reign over what most people do there since they still are Communist. I would think if anyone did it, there government has to be directly behind it.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Seriously, this is China. The everyday citizens are just trying to survive. They have a lot of better things to do than engrave a pattern 3-5 inches deep, and a whole 1-2km large.....In the desert.

This is either Chinese Government or Alien....and I'd suggest the latter.

The reason I suggest the latter is because we really need to ask ourselves....when will we truly believe they exist? Are we being too selfish to expect them to just pop into the sky mass disclosure style?

I think it's time to start believing something is happening...and soon.

link   
I don't for one second believe this is alien, though that's not saying it can not be.

Has anyone noticed the dark evenly spaced striations on the ground in the fourth photo from the top?
Looks like something may have been driven over the area and the tire tracks or whatever were compressed.

I googled steam roller tracks, which by the way has to be the most obscure thing in the universe to look up, and saw a similar pattern.

link   
SORRY!

link   
Double post:!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Though the Chinese are becoming more Capitalists, I do not think many people there have the money or capabilities to make something like that on their own, and in the Gobi desert. I assume the Chinese government still has a tight reign over what most people do there since they still are Communist. I would think if anyone did it, there government has to be directly behind it.

My feelings exactly.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Why would Chinese government waste time on this meaningless crop circle when there are so much social issues that needs to be solved, my only guess would be aliens made it or the nature's natural force did it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

I think something is wrong here.
I went to the link, and it appears this is from Chinese source.
It says that the length is 1-2 kilometers. The depth is 3-5 inches.
Looking at all the supplied photos, only one looks to be taken from air. The rest seem to be taken from the ground.

I can only assume they mean the pattern is 1-2 k long and not the diameter, because if that is the case the cross sections would be hundreds of feet. This can not be if they are merely 3-5 inches deep as seen in the photo.

When viewed with this consideration in mind the flattened portions look more like roads in width. Say 30 to 40 feet wide.
The pattern and lay out looks like what you have here in Asia when contractors lay out housing subdivisions. Or Gated communities. Complete with central axis points, where a club house of main office would be. That or some other layout for a complex or facility. Also I can not be sure if the source is translated correctly, Chinese is one of the worst languages to attempt translation of, because things can become so grossly mistranslated as to mean complete opposites sometimes.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

I still think it’s a SAM site. Check the link below and you will see many similarities.

geimint.blogspot.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join