It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrible Development! Ridiculous Compromise yet again!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by UndesirableN1

Welcome to ATS, thank you for your input, I have to be honest, 2 years ago I knew nothing about our government, now I study almost daily.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

As an outsider looking in all i can say is so sorry to hear this was passed in the house! Your elected representatives seem to give the impression that their vote is a personal choice and not a representation. Are their votes made public?

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I totally agree with you, totally. When this thing collapse, it will totally destroy the American way of life and turn our country into a third world banana republic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
the only thing is when we become a third world country the criminals become third world criminals. i'm more scared of drug cartels and pirates running this country like south america, somalia and some parts of europe.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by tnhiker
Reduce foreign aide, use that money to start jobs here or help the sick/homeless/jobless Americans. Then start taxing imports at the same rate the producing country tax our exports. Bring our troops home, get our noses out of other countries business, reduce military spending.

I'm sorry but Israel is about to start bombing the hell out of Iran.
----------
Um.....what do we do about that?

Stand back and watch, maybe cheer as appropriate.

Got no business getting into other folk's troubles when we have our own.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
As I understand it, Titor says that military spending will increase.
Most people will want to join the military because the pay will be a lot better than any civilian job.

Now here is what is going down. Have some of these things happened yet?

U.S. public libraries will close.
U.S. public parks will close and the land will be sold to wealthy people.
Public schools will lose most of its funding. Private religious schools will spring up and get taxes.

No work benefits.
No medical and dental insurance assistance.
Private health insurance premiums will go up as high as customers can pay before they drop the insurance.
No paid breaks.
No paid lunch.
No maternity leave. You get pregnant, you get fired.
No unions.
Full-time staff will be on salary earning an average of $10.00 an hour but also have to put in 12 hour days and weekends with no overtime compensation.
Most workers will be temporary earning $7.00 an hour.
No overtime compensation pay.

Start growing vegetables in your yards, if you still have a house. Share with your neighbors.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

Titor says that will never happen. Our country is about to become a military country like North Korea.

Christian religious schools and strict legal punishment will also prevent pirates and cartels from taking over.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If everyone would STOP voting for EVERYTHING, then we might be able to see who is putting these laws through without our consent~!

STOP listening to the MSM on TV.
STOP Voting period
STOP Electing EVERYONE and anyone
STOP living a lifestyle of thinking your job is going to save you, or your house is going to save you financially, they will not, as we can see.

START living a lifestyle where your kids will know that they don't NEED everything ALL the time because it's the latest thing on the market. You know, like having Family time together at dinner remember how that used to be ?

the 'system' needs a hard Reboot~!!!

Yes, I retain the right NOT to vote! and no I do NOT bitch about what's happening on Capital hill .. because it's all a shill game and has been for over 50years!

I don't own a house, why? because I don't want to pay exorbitant taxes on money I DON"T have and pay for my house every 10 years due to the high amount of property taxes.

Let's wake up, the MIC (Military Industrial Complex) has more than killed the American Dream~!!

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This may have already been mentioned but doesn't the Fed hold a bunch of treasury bonds, making them the prime beneficiary of this deal?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999
As I understand it, Titor says that military spending will increase.
Most people will want to join the military because the pay will be a lot better than any civilian job.

Now here is what is going down. Have some of these things happened yet?

U.S. public libraries will close.
U.S. public parks will close and the land will be sold to wealthy people.
Public schools will lose most of its funding. Private religious schools will spring up and get taxes.

No work benefits.
No medical and dental insurance assistance.
Private health insurance premiums will go up as high as customers can pay before they drop the insurance.
No paid breaks.
No paid lunch.
No maternity leave. You get pregnant, you get fired.
No unions.
Full-time staff will be on salary earning an average of $10.00 an hour but also have to put in 12 hour days and weekends with no overtime compensation.
Most workers will be temporary earning $7.00 an hour.
No overtime compensation pay.

Start growing vegetables in your yards, if you still have a house. Share with your neighbors.

"Titor" said no such things. His "predictions" were supposed to begin in 2004 or so, and we were supposed to be in the midst of a shooting civil war by now, with a Russian nuclear strike on DC in 4 more years in support of the rebellion..

Some of his stuff was amazingly close to the mark, but the bulk of it never happened. I'm guessing that either he was a fairly gifted individual at reading sign and extrapolating, OR his "timeline" and our were horribly out of sync, with only a match here and there.

In any event, he made NONE of the "predictions" listed above.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

I agree with everything you said with the exception of Obama being a one term-er. You just can not predict that, no matter how bad they do, it always seems to be a horse race. Ridiculous yes, but I chalk it up to peoples desire to fit in and a political group is an easy fit.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

There is a difference between war spendings and domestic social spendings. War spendings do not have any returns. It is basically borrowing money, spending it on a business with 100% loss.

That is where I believe the main problem is, but the bail out instead of helping America, made the situation even worse. It was basically theft of wealth, taken from the majority and given to the extreme minority without any resistance from the masses. It is sad, but true, just my opinion on the issue.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Kicking the can down the road again is just crazy. Just what part of spending too much don't they understand. Even if they confiscate all money from the public it still wouldn't be enough. Both sides need to quit spending.

I'm just glad I have some savings. As a new seasoned citizen, I've had one Doctor retire because of medicare and another stop seeing medicare patients. The current one is ok but he is thinking about dropping medicare so I may revert to a cash patient while trying to find another that accepts new medicare patients.

Washington can say they are saving medicare by cutting reimbursement to the greedy Doctors and implementing "Obamacare" but it won't do any good because there won't be any good Doctors to go to unless you have cash. Over the next few years there are going to be a lot of people one illness away from death because even though they have useless insurance they have no cash. I don't think they could pass a law requiring a Doctor to accept medicare or "Obamacare" and make it stick but I can sure see Emergency Rooms becoming more crowded until the hospitals go out of business.

I think what will really happen is cash patients will have good Doctors and others will have government Doctors or something similar (Maybe like Doctor Nick Riviera from the Simpsons) that will be patterned after fast food restaurants complete with drive thru. I shutter to think what a government run hospital or nursing home will be like but I expect it will be like some of the nursing homes I've visited when I was in EMS, smelly horror houses. If the hospitals will be like the VA hospitals I've seen, I think I would be better off being sick at home.

Even with these problems and regardless how it will affect me, I still support the tea party and reducing the size and reach of the federal government because it's not about me but the future of the once great United States of America.

The sooner the federal government is downsized the better,

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

I look at this situation and I am forced to wonder; Are the people running this country inept or are they destroying our economy by design?

The USA is being destroyed by design. Our country was "The Grand Experiment" in freedom for the little guy. It has to be shown to be a HUGE mistake. Also the USA was a world power. Again it must be destroyed.

WHY?

The only way the USA will give up her sovereignty is if she is bankrupted and forced to make a deal with the IMF/World Bank.

Strong on national sovereignty at the opening session of the 1992 Earth Summit...

"The concept of national sovereignty has been an immutable, indeed sacred, principle of international relations. It is a principle which will yield only slowly and reluctantly to the new imperatives of global environmental cooperation. It is simply not feasible for sovereignty to be exercised unilaterally by individual nation states, however powerful." -Maurice Strong at the 1992 Earth Summit. www.nationalcenter.org...

A year ago in The Global Journal this article appeared Of What Use is Global Governance? written by Pascal Lamy, Director, World Trade Organization (WTO) He speaks of the European Union as sort of an intermediate stage.

...the very incarnation of an international organization of integration in which Member States have agreed to relinquish sovereignty in order to strengthen the coherence and effectiveness of their actions.

...If there is one place on earth where new forms of global governance have been tested since the Second World War, it is in Europe. European integration is the most ambitious supranational governance experience ever undertaken. It is the story of interdependence desired, defined, and organized by the Member States. In no respect is the work complete—neither geographically nor in terms of depth (i.e., the powers conferred by the Member States to the E.U.), nor, obviously, in terms of identity....

Our challenge today is to establish a system of global governance that provides a better balance between leadership, effectiveness, and legitimacy on the one hand, and coherence on the other...

And lastly there is "Global Governance 2025" by by US & EU Intelligence Agencies courtesy of Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

The Atlantic Council has a summary HERE

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. ....

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Maybe it is time for Americans to consider Qaddafi's idea of abolishing the government. Obviously it has failed, the bigger the government, the deeper, complex and deeply hidden corruption.

Qaddafi said in order to get rid of corruption, money should be directed straight to the people, meaning give state money straight to people, and let them choose what to do with the money. That would stop a small elected minority dictators controlling the wealth of the people, and choosing what to do with it. This form of governance has obviously failed, from Europe to US.

Time to move forward and take the next step.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
well after listening to Dr. Savage this evening, he declared this passage of the bill the worst travesty committed on American soil since the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

More debt.... and most people I'm around still hold onto Obama so much, I've actually hurt their feelings telling them the truth about their "hero-in-office".... to the point of their desire to punch me in the mouth.

Hell, this one idiot on my other forum had the GALL to question me on what would i replace the federal reserve with.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Maybe it is time for Americans to consider Qaddafi's idea of abolishing the government. Obviously it has failed, the bigger the government, the deeper, complex and deeply hidden corruption.

Qaddafi said in order to get rid of corruption, money should be directed straight to the people, meaning give state money straight to people, and let them choose what to do with the money. That would stop a small elected minority dictators controlling the wealth of the people, and choosing what to do with it. This form of governance has obviously failed, from Europe to US.

Time to move forward and take the next step.

The government didn't fail, because we as citizens ARE THE GOVERNMENT! It is those who are elected that are failures and the bureaucracy that needs to be abolished.

As per Social Security and medicare, moot points. Within a decade most people over 45(now) will be relocated to "retirement camps". Look at the drop off between the old and the young. The old still have their heads in the clouds dreaming of the Beatles and other 70's Utopian garbage giving away everything that isn't nailed down to foreigners and then turning around and giving their children's bedrooms to foreigners as well.

What is going to happen to the last remnants of the "greatest generation", "silent generation", "worst generation aka baby boomers" and "gen X" will make the French Revolution look like a picnic.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

As an outsider looking in all i can say is so sorry to hear this was passed in the house! Your elected representatives seem to give the impression that their vote is a personal choice and not a representation. Are their votes made public?

Votes are made public if it is not a "Voice" vote.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'm just glad that Rep. Giffords of AZ could show up and run distraction. Almost all the headlines on breakingnews.com regarding this vote were about her.

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Pretty sure our only real option now is to keep borrowing as much money as we can from the FED (and the global bankers that own it) and spend it on our military so we can stay in the lead, then we default, refuse to pay a cent, and start printing our own money so we can fight who ever tries to come F with us. UGH! I don’t even care anymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join