It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Already been pointed out but: UFO means UNIDENTIFIED "flying object", and even then; it could be a natural phenomenon, and not an "flying object" per se.

We live on a planet, in a solar system, within a gallaxy. Data gathered from the Hubble Telescope allow us to estimate that there are hundreds of billions of gallaxies in the (observable) universe. Perhaps it would be more surprising if we were alone.

Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
edit on 30-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Go ahead and help some homeless people that might kill you, church is another ritual. Isn't god supposed to be in your heart ? If I ever needed to worship god, it could be stark-naked sitting on my bedroom floor screaming "Praise the f' ing Jesus!" See ? God is "Supposedly" inside your beating heart, so you don't need a magic building and some magic(Not Magick) books.
Have fun with your ritual

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It wouldn't make me believe. Proof that it was prayer that healed you please?
If god heals those who pray why hasn't he healed an amputee that prayed, ever?

My sister had breast cancer that spread to her brain, lungs and liver....she prayed and others prayed for her. She died. Why didn't god heal her?

Why have people who don't believe in god and who haven't prayed been healed just like you?

Seems a little self centered to me that you think your almighty all seeing all powerful god chose to heal you and not millions of others.
edit on 30-7-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Nice one liner! Perhaps you can engage further and prove to me you "Facts"?

Silly atheist...

One line.....i think you will find it was 2 lines

God isnt real.....aliens havent been proven to be real.
Not all athiests believe the same things, much like christians.

I dont believe in god because there is no proof of a god....not a thing!

I believe given the vastness of the universe and the power of probability there is other life elsewhere. I dont know for fact, but given the evidence im happy to say i believe there is more life in the universe.

Im not an athiest per say....more of a realist, but label me as you wish if it makes you feel better.

I dont see how i can be silly for not believing something without any proof whatsoever? I dont see how i can be silly for not giving 10% of my earnings to a wealthy business...known as the church?
I dont see how i can be silly for wanting evidence?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

It wouldn't make me believe. Proof that it was prayer that healed you?
If god heals those who pray why hasn't he healed an amputee that prayed, ever?

You are correct, there is no god. Only an innate state of mind. At this moment this is how most of us, see you.
www.mentallyjumbled.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Investigation into the unknown, the supernatural or the trancedant doesn't require belief in a supreme universal dictator.

/Thread end.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by buster2010

That depends on who you ask?

Both are made by someone, who think they got an idea of something they dont know anything about?
God is said to have made the universe, but some people also believe that aliens have internal wisdom and what not.

And all the things god did, isent that a little alienish?
And all the things aliens have done, isent that a little godish?

Aliens evolved on their own planet they weren't created by anyone. To a primitive person highly advanced tech will appear like magic or godlike. Simply because the person seeing it lacks the knowledge to understand what he is seeing. So who created God?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
HILLARIOUSreply to post by woodwardjnr

There is stigmata evidence and demon possession evidence and even personal accounts from people who are in the depths of jungles who have claimed to see spirits that resemble Christ just like your alien views.Even more personal accounts here in this forums. In short atheists are just angry individuals angry at religion because of other cruel Christians but in reality the guy in the spirit realm loves us no matter what holier than thou people say. So don't get angry at God cause of mere mortals who are imperfect like us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjamin22
HILLARIOUSreply to post by woodwardjnr

There is stigmata evidence and demon possession evidence and even personal accounts from people who are in the depths of jungles who have claimed to see spirits that resemble Christ just like your alien views.Even more personal accounts here in this forums. In short atheists are just angry individuals angry at religion because of other cruel Christians but in reality the guy in the spirit realm loves us no matter what holier than thou people say. So don't get angry at God cause of mere mortals who are imperfect like us.

Why does there have to be a creator?

Think about it like this, when we're little, our parents had to teach us everything. Don't touch the fire, it's hot. You knew not to touch the fire, because they said so. Those same parents also taught you what they had been taught, religion. Don't do something wrong, you'll go to hell, or hades, or the underworld, or whichever your religion believes in. So you try to follow exactly what your religion may say, so you don't end up there. It's put in your head. It's always there. It could become stressful, especially if you've "sinned", so you could create a stigmata or apparition in your head to "punish" you for your sins.
I'm not saying that's what it is, I don't know, I'm just saying this is one possibility.

My main question is, why does there have to be a creator?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I think you can answer this by yourself.

Why do you not believe in Odin, Allah, Horus, Zeus, *long list of gods*, but in aliens?

Maybe because you have a vivid imagination, and tend to fantasize when wondering about
strange ideas,
vague rumors,
or personal experience of something so hidden in the fog, that you didn't see it clearly?

Thats how stories of aliens, ghosts, gods, gnomes and monsters are made. They are all unconfirmed, unproven, and always vague. .. it's usually something casual that looked like something else. You didnt really get a good look at it, and so you may make up something original or take on a more known myth.

Why should always a ufo in the air be a spaceship with aliens? Because its the most popular belief. But it doesnt have evidence.
Its probably a bird or a machine, made by humans... at best a secret ufo, made by humans. The leap to aliens is faith based.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Technically christmas was a pagan holiday that was transfered to the christian religion as a way to more easily similate the two groups. Jesus most likely was not born in december. There are actually many religions that were combined into christianity. So your point of celebrating christmas is baseless as the holiday was stolen from another.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

No one, has given me [color=57E964]the proof I seek.
This↑ is exactly why.

Your entire argument is comprised of details that were fabricated by you. The responses that you have given, easily prove that you have no evidence at all, that backs up the argument that you have presented here.

Also, most atheists I have scene post on this website are the first to attack "silly religions!", but will claim they saw a flying craft... Just an observation.
After being asked about this ↑ statement of yours, you responded by:

Completely ignoring this↓ post.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Can you please provide the statistics that back up this claim of yours?

Originally posted by mileysubet

And you have the actual numbers to back this up?
Gather factual evidence and then come back here with it, otherwise your naive observations are pointless.
You then responded to this ↑ similar post, by pretending to be a victim, as a way to justify your own verbal attack.

Can you please give me a star and flag? I know it's hard for you to believe but this was placed as questions. Not attacks. Jump off your intellectual high horse and engage in the questions without attacking me please.

Now, I will complete the loop for you.

....this was [color=57E964]placed as questions.

No one, has given me [color=57E964]the proof I seek.

It may have been 'placed as questions,' but [color=B1FB17]you are not wanting honest truthful answers. There is only one answer that you are after. You will not receive that answer here though, because this isn't Fairy-Tale Land.

edit on 7/30/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

am not a athesist so am not sure if i should answer it but who give a f

i dont think you understand a UFO is a unidentified flying objects, it doesnt mean there a lil green man inside there or anything, so by it being unidentifed because we dont know what it is and since its flying and a object its called a UFO. if you see a UFO it doesnt mean its a alien it could be a new top secert plane.

if the universe is infinite, the word "infinite" being its limitless, and do the math , the fact that we are alive here means there is a chance of life being somewere else since the universe is infinite
. that alone is proof that there is alien life out there, but we dont have proof that aliens have come to earth.

i think thats why people belive there is life outside our planet not because they dont belive in god just because the universe is infinite.
edit on 30-7-2011 by mehforfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I'd have to say I've seen more (so called) evidence that supports ET life and in most cases visiting Earth. Now, I kind of think they could be one and the same. The one thing we humans do often is misinterpret things, but that's not what you asked is it?

However, I don't think all atheists are ET believers, at least the ones I know. I'm not a believer in a specific god, but I am spiritual and have faith. So ET life is much more believable for me considering that science does support it.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
zzzz, another typical christian

zzzz, another typical atheist

Quit generalizing, you're as bad as the OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If it makes the OP feel better, I believe in Atman but not God!

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by ypperst
Gods/aliens.

Where is the difference?

Aliens have a point of origin God existed when there was no universe to exist in he has no point of origin.

Wouldn't aliens have been seen as Gods by early man? Maybe the aliens put us here and when they tried to explain it to people a long time ago, they didn't quite understand about cloning, bio-engineering, etc., and put it as simple as they could. God created man, god created woman from man. Just a quick thought.

edit on 30-7-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by fuzzy0087

Have you ever considered that atheist may not believe in god because we don't believe in fairy tales? Has nothing to do with lack of proof. The bible contradicts itself, its edited every few years yet you still say its the word of a god.

This is a logical fallacy, and it's the exact same logical fallacy made by a number of people in this thread. Specifically it's "denying the antecedent". Basically your argument is that the Bible is fairy tales, therefore God doesn't exist. You are drawing conclusions from premises that do not support the conclusion ("denying the antecedent" fallacy). In other words, even assuming the Bible is fairy tales, that has nothing to do with whether or not God exists. God exists outside of the stories told about Him. The stories can be true, false or somewhere in the middle, but it has no impact on His existence. Here's another example of this fallacy- it's widely regarded that George Washington did not cut down a cherry tree when he was a kid, it's a fairy tale. What you're saying about the Bible and God would be the same as saying George Washington didn't exist because you read a story about him cutting down a cherry tree that you knew to be false. Fallacy. There's another problem with your argument, there is a lot of physical proof that demonstrates that many events in the Bible did happen as recorded and that in fact it's not "fairy tales", but we'll leave that discussion to other threads.

EDIT to add: regarding the OP, I believe in God but I do not believe ETs are visiting us. I read a comment by a NASA astrophysicist some time ago that made perfect sense- it is highly likely that there are lifeforms on other planets just based on the sheer quantity of worlds out there similar to ours. But they are so far from us that it is highly unlikely that we will ever make contact with each other.

edit on 30-7-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Sorry. Science has not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Read the wording please.

Also, most atheists I have scene post on this website are the first to attack "silly religions!", but will claim they saw a flying craft... Just an observation.

I never said beyond reasonable doubt and most atheists dosent believe that either.
But some atheists like me do believe there is a good chance there is life somewhere out there and the odds are for that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a UFO is an unidentified flying object. If you look into the night sky and see an object that's flying and you do not know what it is, you have seen a UFO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join