It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hello everyone! I have been doing some thinking lately. Also, a little bit of discussion among co-workers. The topic is as the post title suggests: If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?

Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?

Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?

My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?

Neither have solid proof, correct? So, you are essentially going against your core beliefs right? "No proof, no existence", right?

For information about myself and my spin on the subject, I am a Christian by faith but also a believer in UFO's. Neither have I felt, or touched, but I believe in them. What is your reasoning on the subject at hand?

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Who said atheists believe aliens exist?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Not UFOs but aliens.

And that's not a matter of belief but facts.

Remember that.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Gotta love how you generalise everyone into a group.
Most atheists I know does NOT believe that aliens are visiting earth, and neither do I.
I do however believe there is a very good chance for life somewhere out there, which science supports.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Hello everyone! I have been doing some thinking lately. Also, a little bit of discussion among co-workers. The topic is as the post title suggests: If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?

Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?

Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?

My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?

Neither have solid proof, correct? So, you are essentially going against your core beliefs right? "No proof, no existence", right?

For information about myself and my spin on the subject, I am a Christian by faith but also a believer in UFO's. Neither have I felt, or touched, but I believe in them. What is your reasoning on the subject at hand?

zzzz, another typical christian

You make statements, which are factually incorrect.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Sorry. Science has not proven beyond a reasonable doubt. Read the wording please.

Also, most atheists I have scene post on this website are the first to attack "silly religions!", but will claim they saw a flying craft... Just an observation.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Nice one liner! Perhaps you can engage further and prove to me you "Facts"?

Silly atheist...

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Gods/aliens.

Where is the difference?

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
To be honest I have seen far more evidence for the existence of Aliens than I have of God. I have seen unexplained objects in the sky, I have heard the eye witness testimony of pilots and military personel. Whether this proves aliens are visiting the earth remains to be seen, but the evidence I have seen suggests something extra terrestrial may have visited earth.

+12 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Aliens are more believable than God. Aliens are just people from another planet God on the other hand is a being that somehow popped into existence and snapped his fingers and created the universe.

link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Thank you for an inside look. You actually answered my question!
I sincerely appreciate your response.

link   
Logically Aliens Exist, Maybe UFO visits have happened.

God = Sky Fairies .. Both don't exist

Carry On

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No need to generalize people, you just gotta understand that everyones beliefs are individual opinions. I for example believe in spirituality not religion. Just because im not christian doesnt mean I dont believe in God. I believe in a supreme being/creator but not the same way christians do.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Again, on subject. Where is the proof? Can you show me in-conclusive proof of alien existence?

I believe in God based on a faith in him. I believe in the existence of Aliens from opinion, no facts or proof. One in the same I suppose...

link   

Originally posted by ypperst
Gods/aliens.

Where is the difference?

Aliens have a point of origin God existed when there was no universe to exist in he has no point of origin.

link   
So if an Atheist works at CERN and is searching for the Higgs Boson particle, does that put him in the same category? I mean right now the Higgs Boson does not exist.

What about any scientific researcher looking for answers to any question man asks?

We are all searching for answers, and should be free to do so with out being labeled anything other than inquisitive.
People who believe in god are also searching for that answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Let me ask you, why do you believe in god?

I actually dont think anyone, has ever given me a reason?
So, can you?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Did you ever take the idea that God might've came out of one of those UFOs ? Nevertheless it makes more sense to me then the giant white/black/other raced guy looking at me as I read god awful papers and 4chan, the land of sin.

The idea that god is an Alien makes a lot more sense then the bible all together, the bible is like a potluck dinner; it is just tossed together with little sense.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That depends on who you ask?

Both are made by someone, who think they got an idea of something they dont know anything about?
God is said to have made the universe, but some people also believe that aliens have internal wisdom and what not.

And all the things god did, isent that a little alienish?
And all the things aliens have done, isent that a little godish?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

May I reverse the question on you, just for fun. What would you do if an advanced alien civilization contacted earth?
These beings would be millions of years more advanced than humans, so much so they could travel the universe from one side to the other, what would you say to them if they told you there was no God, would you believe them or try to convert them to a philosophy created in the desert thousands of years ago?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join