It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the...What was That? UFO spotted in LIVE NBC News SkyCam at Fort Worth, TX

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You can see it thru the whole interaction as it comes in its bright then it dims as it mover right and up then its light again. Cool catch
nothing more then swamp gas move along

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I just know, it's one or the other. Both lights are extremely similar and both went a straight horizontal line. That's all I can tell you.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'm like 99.9999999999% sure that's a bug. But I will keep an open mind and a closed mouth..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Ok, reading few threads at the same time... check this one, I already posted this thread on the other one.... once again I hope I am doing thing correctly....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It looks just like the Israel UFO, shot down at great speed, wonder if any security cameras picked this one up at the same time, nice find!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If it was inside, the most popular "debunk" would be dust. Since it's not, if it was a bug then it would have to be awfully close to the camera...the length of the pause in between movements suggests that it's not.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I got with "Optimus Prime arriving and Decepticon leaving"
Really I dont know what those are.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Tinmaddog

It's an awesome find, looks a little like something I saw out the window of a plane a while back (the way it moved). Although that's going a lot faster.

I disagree with the bug theory mainly because of what someone else said about the slowing of the cars. Still, could be something ridiculously obvious as is the case in many other incidents.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
just my 2p but I don't see how it can be bug or a meteor.

bug: it looks like it's in the atmosphere not in front of the camera. You can tell this because it dims as it goes behind the city smog/clouds and does it's 90 degree turn, then it reappears from behind the smog/clouds and shoots out of shot and the fact that this is slightly sped up also disproves the bug theory where as the speed it moves at supports the ufo theory...

Meteor: as far as I know they don't do 90 degree maneuvers like that.

All of you saying bug or meteor I suggest you go back and watch the clip again, from start to finish... this is a good one IMHO... not that it's worth much

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If it was a bug/bat/bird, it would need to be illuminated. That would suggest a light source from or in the direction of the camera. Because this is a stationary "rooftop" news camera, I highly doubt that there is a source of light in that direction.

I have a couple pieces of footage similar to this I gathered while investigating the paranormal. Strikingly similar except that they were inside (dust/bug debunk would be relevant with those).

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetsuoatx
It just looks like a bug to me. From the size of the object and the view if it were considered an actual aircraft that object is moving across like hundreds of miles in a half second. I doubt it.

I think that's the first time I've seen someone try to debunk UFO footage by claiming that it moves too fast

edit on 27-7-2011 by Tinmaddog because:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Is there a bright light source near the cam? If yes, then most likely a bug/bird/bat. If no light then we may need to move on to a different possibility. Its speed is relative to the distance from the cam and if we cant determine its distance there is absolutely no way we can know its speed, we can only speculate it.

Its brightness is also dependent on whether or not there is a bright light source near the cam and if the object is very close to that light or not. I say that distance will not be determined with the video provided. It can be perceived as both far and near depending on the observer...

Some will say bug and others will say most righteously not and in the middle the truth will lay...none of us will know what it is but some of us will agree upon what it most likely is and be happy with that.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Lost_Mind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i make no assuptions as to what that is. i only offer one fact: the location this is being filmed from is at 35W & 820 North, i can this by looking at the video. So the camera is facing west... towards where Lockheed Martin is located as well as Carswell Air Force Base and Naval Air Station. Whatever this is, it's probably one of theirs/ours.

Unless, of course, the Mothmen have finally landed

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
AF base and Naval air station:

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

lockheed address and map:

maps.google.com... e122dc807ad:0xa4af8bf8dd69acbd,Fort+Worth,+TX&cid=280462597701486660&ei=E1AwTtyADtTAgQeJsLzmCg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=map-marker-link&resnum=1&ved=0C BwQrwswAA

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Originally posted by ApeyBaby
A bug. A moth flying around the camera

interesting, however to debunk you, if you study the image more closely you will notice that the light fades slightly in the horizon, as if it were behind trees or something and then shoots back up. It followed a straight horizontal line, and just happened to be right on the horizon where lands meets sky.

The moth or fly is at first visible because it enters a source of light coming from behind the camera body. As the light is shielded and interrupted by the shape of the camera and the moth or fly makes it's way toward the bottom of the camera, it also looses it's illumination because it enters an area of shadow. Watch the video with this in mind and you'll be able to see it.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
There are thousands and thousands of flying bugs. Why is this the first time one has been so "obviously" seen on this camera before?
Could it be because it isn't a bug?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Quick!!! Someone call an entomologist!!!! I would never make such a glib and ignorant post, but when we have DEVOLVED to the point where this type of utter bunk merits more than a few posts (never mind we are on the second page!!) it makes me want to give up on wishing that we, as a community, will ever be taken seriously. There is a TON of ignorance that has painted us in a rather unflattering light over the last 50 or so years. Don't you folks think it is about time we took this subject by the balls and represented it like mature, educated people?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MainLineThis
Quick!!! Someone call an entomologist!!!! I would never make such a glib and ignorant post, but when we have DEVOLVED to the point where this type of utter bunk merits more than a few posts (never mind we are on the second page!!) it makes me want to give up on wishing that we, as a community, will ever be taken seriously. There is a TON of ignorance that has painted us in a rather unflattering light over the last 50 or so years. Don't you folks think it is about time we took this subject by the balls and represented it like mature, educated people?

Insults, check
projection of superiority, check
trying to make people look stupid, check
Any actual analysis to back up your claim.......nope, I can't check that. becasue your post sems to be empty of anything useful to the discussion.

Nice "debunk"

I'm going to have to watch this one a few times before I make my mnd up. From first viewing, the "bug" seems like it's quite far away from the camera. but I've not watched it on full screen, so I'm going back to do so now....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Ok, I've watched it 4 times in full screen, (that's what you call dedication) and i honestly do not think it's a bug. Here's why. There's a darkish sort of patch in the sky, where this "bug" flies through, it fills up a fair proportion of the sky in the shot, about half or so. It could be a cloud. Now, our little bug here, doesn't fade out comepletly. If you look, it's still visible, just about. Just like it's flying through a cloud. Maybe that dark patch is a cloud, and this isn't a bug.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I KNOW, it was fireworks. he, he, he. Exspect more birds to drop from the sky any minute now.
Interesting video, thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join