It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Answer to; Do Aliens exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The only fact anyone needs in regards to the existence of "Aliens", is this. The Universe is infinite. Most people can't really grasp the true concept of that statement. " Yah, yah! The universe goes on forever,...Big deal!". It is a very "Big deal". That means everything is infinite. All possibilities are infinite. Planets with people living on are infinite. I used the word "people" because most of the people living in the universe are not "Human".

Just so you can get a taste for how vast the universe is check this out.youtube.com/watch?v=mcBV-cXVWFw It is what is within, just a tiny dark-patch in the night sky.

Many people on Earth know that there is an extra-terrestrial presence. People have seen them and their technology. I have never seen an alien but I sure would like to. I have seen their craft on four separate occasions. The first and best was when I was just a child. It was your classic "flying saucer" shape, up close. I talked about it briefly here abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread618838/pg3#pid9726444 and the last encounter was a couple of months ago. I started a thread about it the next day abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread693225/pg1.Why did I share these encounters with ATS? I'm not some guy trying to sell a book or doing tours speaking to people. I have no motivation in telling everyone what I have seen, other than because people need to know this is real. I certainly don't need the ridicule. Many credible people have seen some crazy stuff. I know there are many
hoaxers out there, but not all of these stories are just made up. People really have seen these things.

The real question is why do our governments not tell us about it? My geuss would be because they think they are protecting us.

To the debunkers I say this.....Maybe you should spend less time debunking things and more time watching the sky.

edit on 18-7-2011 by Darkmask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Because they are small minded which equates to the word evil in my dictionary. Evil people don't come together as a whole (for everybody else).

edit on 18-7-2011 by greyer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Here's my UFO story:

Quite a long time ago (talking about being a child, ~7 years old) I was at my bedroom window on a Thursday or Friday night at about 8:30ish, my mum was making my bed so I was just looking up at the sky(like directly up) and I saw something quite interesting! I saw this circle/oval/disc of light in the sky, right above me(but higher than the building) it was yellow but not bright enough to be hard to look at, probably wouldn't even induce a temporary burn-in effect on the eyes, it definitely did not project any light downwards, anyway. It was completely silent, I felt completely calm watching it and it started to move around slowly, moving in a circle, suddenly another disc of light came out of that one and the best way to describe what they were doing was "dancing" with each other, circling around each other, moving into each other to make a single disc and then parting again. They became single and then there were 3 discs, it looked like they were making formations, this continued until there was about five or six, making some real cool formations. At this point I realised I should probably tell Mum, so off I run, tell mum to take a look, and whaddya know? They're gone. Mum believed me though, which was nice but it did suck I had no real way of showing what I saw.So I've never really worked out what it was, but I'd like to know if anyone has got some experience on this.

What I've done to make you understand what I saw was make a very crude animation which I created in an image software program, this was the first time I've ever attempted to make an animated image so it's not perfect but definitely helps me explain what I saw a lot better:

** I cannot work out how to properly embedd this .GIF image so here's the direct link:

img811.imageshack.us...

So, I'd really like some opinions on this, it's had me confused forever.

P.S, I'd like to point out I live in Australia, Sydney. Just in case there's some history behind it or something.

There's something out there man!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

There's something out there man!
I agree. I think there is lots of something out there dude!
You and I will never know.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkmask

I think we will know sooner rather than later. I don't know how we will find out but I have a strong feeling we will. I'm sure they'd want us to know.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The Universe is infinite.
I don't think that's set in stone, the universe could be finite but so massive that relative to us it seems infinite.

Some stats that make it impossible for me to think that we're the only life in the universe: There are over 100 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. There are thought to be hundreds of billions, and possibly even trillions of galaxies, each containing billions of stars. There is absolutely no way that we are the only solar system out of trillions and trillions of stars over a period of 13+ billion years that had the right conditions to develop life.

Alien life exists, however I think the question should be how frequently does life pop-up? On average once in a galaxy? 5 million times in a galaxy? The Drake Equation is a calculation that estimates how often life forms:

There is evidence that life could have existed on Mars, and many astronomers believe that the moons Europa and Titan could also potentially harbor life. If there are 4 candidates for life in our solar system alone, that means that the universe must be filled with life.
edit on 18-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkmask
The only fact anyone needs in regards to the existence of "Aliens", is this. The Universe is infinite.

We do not know that. To state something so profound as a matter of fact as you did immediately puts anyone with half a brain on alert before even bothering to read the rest of your post. Which, I can already guess will be filled with nonsense just based on your title and your opening line....but what the heck....I could use some entertainment so I'll give you a chance.....

Most people can't really grasp the true concept of that statement.

But you can, because your "special". I get it, we all need to feel special. And posting utter nonsense like this can be an easy way for the ignorant to feel "special" because your almost guaranteed to have numerous people sign on to your delusions without the ability to logically think for themselves.

I used the word "people" because most of the people living in the universe are not "Human".

And you know this how? Lemme guess, you read it on the internet or saw it in a dream. Or maybe they stopped by and tried to reproduce with you. Either way, saying something like this without ANYTHING to back it up...never mind. Anyone with half a brain knows what I am getting at here.

Many people on Earth know that there is an extra-terrestrial presence.

I wish I did.

The real question is why do our governments not tell us about it? My geuss would be because they think they are protecting us.

My guess is they know less than the average ufo enthusiast about the subject.

To the debunkers I say this.....

Maybe you should spend less time worrying about those darn evil debunkers, lol. After all, it is not their complete and utter NONSENSE that has made this subject into the laughable joke that it is today.
edit on 18-7-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I truly believe in the strong possibility of alien in the universe; Its humungous! That being said, I'm not so sure if its infinite or not... In any case though I believe that if they exist, they just might visit us one day! [hopefully they would be benevolent] have some optimism folks

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
In my opinion intelligent life is out there in abundance

I think we have bases on the moon and Mars as well

Have aliens already taken us to the stars ?
Is the space shuttle just a cover-up ?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I think life exists on every planet. Doesn't mean they have to be intelligent or even a humanoid. Its possible that "flames" or some other element could actually be an environment for a species in the midst of those flames, gases, water, or whatever other kind of things are out there. Just because a species may not live in a human condition doesn't mean it may not be conscious.

Have you guys heard of the alien bacteria that live in arsenic conditions?

Arsenic Bacteria

Whose to say what this bacteria could evolve into far down the line? There may be life that can live in a combustible environment, just as these bacteria live in an arsenic environment and how humans live in a oxygen environment.

There is plenty more to consider when thinking of other life.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by disasternaut

I truly believe in the strong possibility of alien in the universe; Its humungous! That being said, I'm not so sure if its infinite or not... In any case though I believe that if they exist, they just might visit us one day! [hopefully they would be benevolent] have some optimism folks.
That's another thing I forgot to address, if alien life forms existed, there wouldn't be a very efficient form of travel for them to visit us, at least from our current technological standpoint. Even traveling as fast as the universe would allow them (light speed), it would take 4.22 years for them to reach us from the closest star to our sun (Proxima Centauri).

So they would have to have extremely advanced technology that allows them to travel at light speed and be close enough to their destination that space-travel would be practical, otherwise even moving at the fastest possible speed becomes inefficient.

Or they would have to have even more highly advanced technology that allows them to create wormholes that alllow them to pop-out at a destination of their choice somewhere else in the universe. That, or create a propulsion system that creates a bubble/wave in space that the ship rides on. Under that system, the ship itself wouldn't be traveling faster than light speed, but the space around it would, so they could abide by the universal laws while in a way breaking them.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I'm a big believer in extraterrestrial life existing somewhere in the universe but honestly, until we have a mass sighting and undeniable proof in a public setting then unfortunately there will be no "answer" as your title suggests.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

I see what you mean; I was coming from the the standpoint of belief in their technology being superior to ours. Its all up in the air though... all we can do is speculate.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

The Universe is infinite.
I don't think that's set in stone, the universe could be finite but so massive that relative to us it seems infinite.

Some stats that make it impossible for me to think that we're the only life in the universe: There are over 100 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. There are thought to be hundreds of billions, and possibly even trillions of galaxies, each containing billions of stars. There is absolutely no way that we are the only solar system out of trillions and trillions of stars over a period of 13+ billion years that had the right conditions to develop life.

Alien life exists, however I think the question should be how frequently does life pop-up? On average once in a galaxy? 5 million times in a galaxy? The Drake Equation is a calculation that estimates how often life forms:

There is evidence that life could have existed on Mars, and many astronomers believe that the moons Europa and Titan could also potentially harbor life. If there are 4 candidates for life in our solar system alone, that means that the universe must be filled with life.
edit on 18-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

He looks like John Saxon on Bruce Lee's Enter the dragon.
\Anyways has anyone killed an alien?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby
In my opinion intelligent life is out there in abundance

Good

Originally posted by granpabobbyI think we have bases on the moon and Mars as well

Not so good

Originally posted by granpabobbyHave aliens already taken us to the stars ?

even less good

Originally posted by granpabobbyIs the space shuttle just a cover-up ?

Ouch!

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
To the OP

posting videos by people smarter than yourself doesn't make you smarter.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I don't think anyone can fully grasp infinity in our small brains

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by disasternaut

I truly believe in the strong possibility of alien in the universe; Its humungous! That being said, I'm not so sure if its infinite or not... In any case though I believe that if they exist, they just might visit us one day! [hopefully they would be benevolent] have some optimism folks.
That's another thing I forgot to address, if alien life forms existed, there wouldn't be a very efficient form of travel for them to visit us, at least from our current technological standpoint. Even traveling as fast as the universe would allow them (light speed), it would take 4.22 years for them to reach us from the closest star to our sun (Proxima Centauri).

So they would have to have extremely advanced technology that allows them to travel at light speed and be close enough to their destination that space-travel would be practical, otherwise even moving at the fastest possible speed becomes inefficient.

Or they would have to have even more highly advanced technology that allows them to create wormholes that alllow them to pop-out at a destination of their choice somewhere else in the universe. That, or create a propulsion system that creates a bubble/wave in space that the ship rides on. Under that system, the ship itself wouldn't be traveling faster than light speed, but the space around it would, so they could abide by the universal laws while in a way breaking them.

It doesn't seem very far fetched to me that there might be ways of getting from one place to another in the universe that we have not yet thought of, but which others might have. We've been acting in a scientific way for, what, 300 years or so? Why assume that we have already exhausted all of the possible options for space travel? Check back with humanity in another billion years and see what we have come up with.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

Given the vast age of our galaxy it's possible for an advanced species to have colonised much of the galaxy already even travelling at sub-light speeds, using technology like generational ships or Von Neumann machines (self-replicating).

Many scientists are in fact baffled why we aren't being visited by Aliens (as they believe) when the galaxy should be teeming with life. Check out the Fermi Paradox.

There are several answers to the paradox including,

1) Life on Earth is unique (possible but incredible if true given the age and size of the universe)
2) Any sufficiently advanced civilisation always destroys itself before it can spread out (seems unlikely this would happen in every case - it would only take one to survive).
3) Our science is not yet sufficiently advanced to be able to detect their technology (e.g scanning radio waves if aliens use tight-beam lasers for communication)
4) Related to number 3, they could be very good at hiding themselves from primitive cultures and employ a kind of Prime Directive. (A civilisation who had access to Planck length energies would be masters of time and space - clearing up after themselves would be child's play. Even so, being seen occasionally would not worry them when humanity seems to have a history of rejecting new observations and scoffing at people who threaten the status quo. Never under-estimate the power of 'If it was true I'd know about it'!)

If you accept that people like the OP have seen actual alien craft (I know this is a big IF for some here) then a combination of 3 and 4 are the most likely answers to the paradox.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I DONT KNOW,
but I believe they do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join