It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Donates $100 Billion to the United Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
www.aim.org...

The U. S. State Department yesterday announced that the Obama Administration has agreed to contribute $4 billion to the United Nations Global Fund to fight AIDs, Tuberculosis, and Malaria from 2011 to 2013.

This means that over one-third of the money will come from the pockets of US taxpayers.

What are your thoughts on the above?

I think it is irresponsible, and can he make that decision on his own?

$4 billion........ while he talks of no SS cheques for the elderly.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
where does 100 billion come from?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
where is the other 96bil?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Normally, I'd say that he is within his rights to do so. But, I agree, after that social security comment, it comes off as weak and petty.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
That's the point of the United Nations.

Vilify the United States to a point where they have to pay for all our crap to save face to the world.

It's a great humanitarian system don't you know?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
What the HELL is going on here??

We are in a hysterical panic about SHUTTING down this country due to lack of funds yet we are THROWING MONEY TO OTHER COUNTRIES like we have more money than we know what to do with???

How much MORE is this going to now COST US the American public. What will be CUT next? How many more jobs will be CUT? how many more are we going to lose and SUFFER for as a country now.

PFFFFTT, this is getting WAY outta control.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
We need a peoples opposition party established in this country to confront outrages like this The American taxpayer is a extorted slave.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

My blood is boiling right now.....I think I need to step back from the PC !!!

link   
The article has no link to an official government notice, nor is there a name given as to who in the "state department" actually said this, the MSM is not covering this not even foxnews. There is no indication on the UN website that this occured. I'm not saying it is not possible but I'd like to see more verification that this is the case.

link   
Wait a minute here..... The people who have actually worked are not going to get thier Social Security.

But some NON American is going to get some free condoms...

Someone is getting screwed....

link   
Must be great to be able to take the credit for donating somebody elses money to the cause you want.

Obama of Loxly?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Does he think money grows on trees?

We don't have money to be giving out!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Its absurd. A waste of tax payer money and only further gives legitimacy to a failed enterprise which is the UN. He certainly should not be giving cash to anybody when 1 in 7 folks in this country are on food stamps and people are getting kicked out of their homes.

The UN is a joke. Its an anti-American body that has proven itself utterly incompetent to handle even the most basic functions you would assume would be within its charter.

The US pays over 25% of the entire UN budget.

Even if the US was flush with cash and wanted to give money to help the world's sick, it should do outside of the proxy of the UN. Donate the cash and have it administered by competent folks and not feed the bloated UN.

Its time to disband the UN or at a minimum rotate the UN headquarters among continents according to the continent of origin of the Secretary General. The US gets absolutely nothing from UN membership.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Commander in Thief.

Thats all that needs to be said.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaanny
Someone is getting screwed....

Yeah, that's why they're giving out free condoms...

Isn't the US significantly behind in the UN dues anyway? I don't know the figures, or even if it's true, it's something I hear from time to time. But $4 billion for you guiys is chump change. In the UK, we've cut almost every Government department, even the MoD while fighting a couple of wars, yet our International Aid bdget has increased by a few Billion £'s!

EDIT: UK sends over £10 Billion overseas every year (thats something close to $17 Billion USD)...

But we had to massively cut the MoD budget by a few Billion during war time and also cut Education and the NHS by billions?

I'm with you Yanks - sod the foreigners!
edit on 17/7/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If my understanding of TB and AIDS is even only marginally correct - then you can attempt to cure them both within a system which is not providing exemplary Medicare (meaning significant numbers will die) - or you can try and stop it dead before they permeate your own people. Now how much of that $4 billion will be spent within the borders of the USA and how much abroad? I have no idea. Did anyone ask? Did anyone attempt to find out? Has anyone seen the latest figures for deaths from TB in particular - and plotted them on a map to see how they threaten the USA? I suspect most of it will be spent abroad - but if you think TB or AIDS will magically meander it's way to Canada, Mexico or any other nation and avoid the USA because it wouldn't dare - then precisely what reality are you living in?

The choice is simple - nail it at source - or wait till they start killing your own by which time it's probably too late. Given that decent Medicare within the borders of the USA is a forlorn hope - this might be the wisest $4 billion the USA has spent in a long time.

What would you do? Let both diseases kill your own - or kill them first? Neither respect national boundaries nor whether in receipt of SS or not.

Oz
edit on 17-7-2011 by Ozscot because: Typo

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Its only chump change if you have it, and can spend it.

we dont have either option.

But somehow, people keep thinking we have all the money in the world.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I think it is time to get the rope and a tall tree. We shouldn`t be giving money to anywhere but the USA.

Almost forgot Cranes are in we don`t need tree`s in these modern times.

I say hang em high and hang them all.

Why should we be the smallest bit concerned with aids in other countries when they will be starving from no food as well.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

I meant in relation to your total budget..

$4 Billion to the US budget is change behind the sofa.

$4 Billion to the UK is an aircraft carrier...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Does he think money grows on trees?

We don't have money to be giving out!

You can always print moar.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join