It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a satanic subliminal message in a video game?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
The inverted pentagram is in MANY video games these days. I could probably sit here and post atleast 30 different games that have it.

30 you say?

go on then

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm sorry but it barely resembles a pentagram.

No subliminal message, this time.

ALS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
The inverted pentagram is in MANY video games these days. I could probably sit here and post atleast 30 different games that have it.

30 you say?

go on then

Yeah I too will take that bet!

ALS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I'm sorry but it barely resembles a pentagram.

No subliminal message, this time.

ALS

Not 100% no, if it did it would be too obvious. On the other hand this all could just be a coincidence,

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

You don't seem to understand symbology, nor their history. Just like the swastika wasn't used in a negative way until it was inverted by the Nazi party, the pentical was not inverted into a negative until Anton LeVey., who took Crononos(god of the Earth, physical, lust, etc.) and followed suit with the Catholic Church by using him as a symbol of the devil. The Pentacle was a symbol of balance, being Hecata, Crononos, Diana, Seline, and Pan or Air, Earth, Spirit, Water and Fire. Although, it was used in Aleister Crowley's teachings on the Kabbalah prior to LaVey, it was still balance. As balance, It matters not which way the points face. Now, Looking at todays uneducated LaVeys discription of satanic symbols only, and the fact that the game is primarily a Western product, it makes sense that the symbol was used in regards to an enemy. Is it a subliminal message to the masses? I do not think so, I think it was placed in there to coincide with public opinion in order to sell a product. Does it continue the distorted understanding of symbols in history? IMO, yes, but then again so are you by the assumption of symbolic meanings.

Agarta
edit on 11-7-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric
No offense but you all are blind...

The one i see in the screenshot is not inverted...

Therefore its not a pentagram...
Its right side up... Its a penticle
Do some research on pagan symbols...

Its not luciferian...

No offense taken, Evol, but interesting nonetheless. So, basically it's a Star of David then in a game about invading and obliterating Iran: Zionism is the culprit!!

We'll find someone to pin this on yet!

edit on 11-7-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I'm not even sure I see anything other than a few random lines on the ground.

Sorry, I'm looking hard at the image but not seeing anything.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
I'm not even sure I see anything other than a few random lines on the ground.

Sorry, I'm looking hard at the image but not seeing anything.

Because it is working into your Subconscious and Soon you will be a 'Satan Worshiping Zombie'

Soon you will Enjoy the 'Harry Potter' Pictures, Soon You Will Listen To 'Black Sabbath' And Soon you will learn the Top Mason Degree in Sacrificial Ritual Of Your Gold Fish

*Conclude Sarcasm*

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

the photo seems to me to be an upright pentacle which would represent the five elements of the self in pagan religions and later represented the five wounds of christ by the christians, but that is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
During medieval times the pentagram was actually a christian symbol, not a satanic one. Either way, satan doesnt exist.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
The people that pull the strings behind the curtains and control everything such as what music artists rap or sing about, what symbols go anywhere from tv to the movies and video games, They own it all and in ways they like to show us so we dont forget, if we notice it or not our mind still takes it in and makes it into something, thats how symbolism works.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
looks like a dollar sigh with 2 dashes in it

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
This is from the Battlefield 3 trailer, the view is from a fighter jet with the player looking down below at the Iranian oilfields. The game is about a hypothetical invasion of Iran.

One. The game is not about an invasion of Iran. The single player campaign is a world wide conflict, including Europe and the US.

Two. A Pentacle, inverted or not, isn't automatically a "satanic" symbol.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Looks more like this

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Looks like runways to me.

Long time fan of the BF series since 1942, I'm convinced this is the one that's going to flip the CoD dominancy with it's Frostbite tech.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by yakuzakid
Long time fan of the BF series since 1942,

I didn't realise they'd been around so long

edit on 12/7/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join