It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a satanic subliminal message in a video game?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is from the Battlefield 3 trailer, the view is from a fighter jet with the player looking down below at the Iranian oilfields. The game is about a hypothetical invasion of Iran.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Yeah. It has to be satanic. I mean look at it. I wouldn't purchase the game unless you are prepared to suffer the consequences.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The inverted pentagram is in MANY video games these days. I could probably sit here and post atleast 30 different games that have it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bonified Ween
The inverted pentagram is in MANY video games these days. I could probably sit here and post atleast 30 different games that have it.

Just a way game developers discribe war as

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

what about now?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I suppose a pick of 'hello kitty' would have a less effect in a war game. As would be a justin beiber sound track.

They're just playing the macho card thats all.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

if its a game about devil worship or paranormal stuff then yeah it would make sense for it to be there. But this game is a modern warfare kinda game.
edit on 11-7-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Their is stuff all over every major video. Symbols and mind control techniques.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

That's interesting. Now why would that be? Is it just popular to play with luciferian symbols and conspiratist themes these days like is postulated over the Lady Gag(a) & rapper vids use of Masonic & Illuminist imagery?

Or are "they" really marking their territory? I feel a bad moon rising.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
No it's not.

It's just a symbol that is used to associate evil and malice in popular western culture.

Satanists are self centered self serving hedonists. They are as organized as a herd of cats. In order to create a subliminal message the entire organization involved in the production of that product would have to be in collusion with a single principle, and a goal.

And trust me, every single screen of a video game is vetted by some marketing guy, and some legal guy to ensure there is nothing that can cause real potential financial harm to the product or the company.

If it shocks people and causes mock outrage by some "group", that will generate news headlines and or silly people spreading rumors about how terrible and evil it is, then they whole heartedly adopt it and ask that more like that be included.

There is no better advertising than conservative christian condemnation.

It gets on the news faster than an assassination attempt on president, and can hang in the headlines nightly for months as long as enough christian groups get a stick up their butt about it.
It spreads word of mouth from riddilin snorting socker mom to riddilin snorting socker mom like wildfire and by the end of a month every kid between the ages of 9 and 49 is drooling over it's pre-sale box on the store shelf.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Could be a subtle commentary on the nature of war (war is hell)

Or it could be suggesting that Satan himself is the driving force behind the potential war with Iran.

Or it could merely be an accidental resemblance.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You can tell, by the mood it brings, I destroyed 2 of my console when I was young. becareful play doesn't always go hand in hand with joy™.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What? First the entire music industry and now the video game industry? The next thing you will tell me is that the movie industry is infested by these satanic freaks!.....oh wait. Come on you could at least pull out like Dante's Inferno or something like that. I doubt there is any "satanic" subliminal messages in Battlefield 3 sorry just don't see it that way. Have a great day though.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This assumes that Satan is real.

Which he isn't.

Even if he was, he isn't a bad guy. Yahweh is the evil one, Satan is just an anti-hero.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
No offense but you all are blind...

The one i see in the screenshot is not inverted...

Therefore its not a pentagram...
Its right side up... Its a penticle
Do some research on pagan symbols...

Its not luciferian...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Its not luciferian...

You were swifter then i, who was about to reply with the same information,

You would believe that more people would be concerned about the rise in 'War Games' and the 'Hypothetical Invasion' of Iran, then a 'Symbol' that doesn't even truly appear to be correct, it's not finished, nor is it 'Circled'

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
looks like EA has you all on the PUPPET STRINGS

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

I see what you're saying but I think this is a case of mistaken identity.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

Its not luciferian...

the map is free roam, meaning the player can see it from the opposite side as well. It just happens this player was flying on different end of the pentagram.

Originally posted by Glass
Could be a subtle commentary on the nature of war (war is hell)

Or it could be suggesting that Satan himself is the driving force behind the potential war with Iran.

Or it could merely be an accidental resemblance.

My thoughts exactly. I'm pondering if it's part of the story or was put there as a subtle joke.
edit on 11-7-2011 by DuneKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
thats pretty ignorant bro.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join