It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tommy Chong destroys anti-pot shill Paul Chabot Live on CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Epic!
Can't believe this shill said pot causes cancer lol look up Ron Simpson "run from the cure" vid on youtube for a laugh if you dont already know it cures cancer like Tommy says. And notice the Mark Emery shirt now that's class

Unlike that drug war mercernary listen to him but i got kids. Ya i bet just hope they grow up with more sense. Not one word of truth pot kills is evil terrible gateway tsk tsk and shed a tear for luck. Ya I bet he's ashamed he represents the big pharm that run our corperate/government and the police/DEA thugs that earn their living on it. Not to mention the CIA that supplies it ya they buy the opium heck they use your troops to guard it in afgan. The coke and the rest of it and the jails they spawn that are getting more privatised and slavish by the day.

Well ATS debunk or get on the hemp train here

I'm pro legalization but anti recreational like Tommy schedual 2 all the way.

ps I'm a dad too should it matter? Am i wrong to say bringing up that fact was just for sypathy points and a shill tactic.

I say end the war on us.

edit on 24-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Thanks for the video, but that quote right there is bothering me, that's like Alcohol being legal, but no one can consume it recreational. IMO if Pot does become legal it will destroy the underground community and quite frankly mess alot of things up.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
To the video: This is typical, send a government official to a news interview say one thing have it disproved then just say just something else. There is no point trying to show the facts to these simple minded people. They consider marijuana more dangerous than meth... and they stand by that. It's hopeless with people like Paul Chabot in power.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Thanks for the video, but that quote right there is bothering me, that's like Alcohol being legal, but no one can consume it recreational. IMO if Pot does become legal it will destroy the underground community and quite frankly mess alot of things up.

How so? you think people wont buy it on the street if they have too? Or that a lot of growers could convert to legit farms if the money's in it what changes other than moving out into the open and paying taxes? You think the guys selling it now wouldnt trade that for the heat and dealing with borders and bribes and the rest of the bs...

as for the coment how's it the same booze has no real medical value and is harmful I think they should tax it more if anything. While pot heals a lot of ills and does no harm its uses are nearly infinate if we choose to use its fibers and grains. No more clear cutting woods for paper or building material. the seeds are great food and thc free. Its been used for thousands of things historicaly. I just dont think it should be smoked for fun. Or while your working/driving as thc is a mood/mind altering substance.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

See that's the problem alot of people view it as if that's how it really would work, but this isn't the case. Underground growers would never be allowed to convert, most of the grow farms will be handle by government related farmers, and I don't know about you, but I can see our government throwing in some very nasty things into the plant feed, plus who knows what they will spray on our Herb....If anything it should just be decriminalize and slightly regulated (no more than a Ounce on you at a time, no smoking in certain public places, etc)

oh your preaching to the choir lol, i've stood outside public places and have told random people random facts about MaryJ, did you know if we were to use Hemp(like we did in WW2) for everything it would cut pollution in half and a full plant can make as many papers as half a tree?) oh and if you seriously want to change something join NORML man, the more members the better.

and I was using Booze as a analogy since it was at one point illegal, but isn't now and can be used recreational even though its 100% worse than Cannabis
edit on 24-6-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Paul Chabot;

I think you felt most self aware when he told you, You are paid to tell these lies.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
why do you want to legalize it and pay corrupt government taxes on and be forced to live on the grid?

the reason it didnt pass is because californians know better then to let the government run this and tax the little money we have left.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

reply to post by UcDat

See that's the problem alot of people view it as if that's how it really would work, but this isn't the case. Underground growers would never be allowed to convert, most of the grow farms will be handle by government related farmers, and I don't know about you, but I can see our government throwing in some very nasty things into the plant feed, plus who knows what they will spray on our Herb....If anything it should just be decriminalize and slightly regulated (no more than a Ounce on you at a time, no smoking in certain public places, etc)

Ya i get what your saying look at how it works in California right now just google "the emeral triangle" no big cover ups just a bunch of quasi legal growers doing their best. And by quasi I mean they are doing everything by the book but the feds still harrase them.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

They will never allow it. They make more money making and selling harmful drugs. Lol He told him to shut up, its about time someone put him in his place. I hate smug a holes like that guy. But the sad reality is it wont ever happen. God forbid if the government does anything in the peoples favor.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

reply to post by UcDat

oh your preaching to the choir lol, i've stood outside public places and have told random people random facts about MaryJ, did you know if we were to use Hemp(like we did in WW2) for everything it would cut pollution in half and a full plant can make as many papers as half a tree?) oh and if you seriously want to change something join NORML man, the more members the better.

and I was using Booze as a analogy since it was at one point illegal, but isn't now and can be used recreational even though its 100% worse than Cannabis
I also heard somewhere it might replace almost 80% of prescription drugs as well. I really wouldnt doubt it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Yeah I know, some even get raided, like Tommy Chong. Man It's always good to meet someone with a level head and not full of US propaganda

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
More money is spent enforcing the law against illegal marijuana, money being sent over to Mexico to the drug cartels and money being sent over to eradicate them. America should grow it and tax it ever so slightly so it is cheaper to buy/grow/maintain in your own backyard. The tax could go to mental health and rehabilitation if it does cause a problem, or people should sign something that they will not be treated for certain conditions that spur from smoking weed as they should do with smoking, such a drain on health care...

My 2 cents.
edit on 24-6-2011 by Sounds_of_Silence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sounds_of_Silence

Well the US has finally admitted that the war on drugs was a utter failure, and I think the money wasted was in the trillions..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Also, i want to add one other thing. I believe firmly that if everyone in the world took a day off from stress and smoked just a tiny bit. The entire flow of things would change for the better.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Of course its a failure, how can the system that's bringing and producing the drugs, stop what they make and distribute?

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

Yeah, it's not a secret we control some of the worlds biggest poppy fields..hell America consumes the most opium in pill form than anywhere else and the rest is "smuggled" in, but yet a harmless plant (which holds the key to making alot of our problems better) is a Class 1 drug..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Chong did own that!!

That was killer.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

Makes me wonder if the real reason the us is over in Afghanistan, is for the heroine. Because it is fact that like 90% of the worlds heroine is from Afghanistan. Makes perfect sense if you believe the government is corrupt.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by reesie45

haha someone actually posted a thread about that very theory awhile back..i'll see if I can find it.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
In the introduction to James Mills "The Underground Empire" 1984
He states...

“the inhabitants of earth spend more money on illegal drugs than they spend on food. More than they spend on housing, clothes, education, medical care, or any other product or service. The international narcotics industry is the largest growth industry in the world. Its annual revenues exceed half a trillion dollars – three times the value of all United States currency in circulation, more than the gross national products of all but a half dozen major industrialized nations.”

Originally commissioned to write the book by President Carter,
he was the only civilian journalist allowed to travel with
and see the findings of a highly classified group
called CENTAC, which was later absorbed
into the CIA.

Sounds like a movie doesn't it.

But I'll never forget one thing he commented on in the truly massive book.

So much money left the country during Carters Presidency to buy marijuana
that it disrupted the national economy.

It's kept off the books these days, but the American public's expenditures
on illegal substances IS factored in to planing the national budgets these days.

David Grouchy

<<   2  3  4 >>

join