It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First photos of Gabrielle Giffords released

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

First photos of Gabrielle Giffords released

www.sfgate.com

(06-12) 04:37 PDT PHOENIX, (AP) --

Two photos of a smiling Rep. Gabrielle Giffords were released early Sunday by her office, her hair shorn short but few other telling signs of her gunshot wound to the head.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
azstarnet.com
news.blogs.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I think Gabby looks wonderful here! I know here on ATS a lot of speculation has been made regarding the true condition of this woman. I am glad to see her smiling and looking so good.

The article says she may be released this month.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on Sun, 12 Jun 2011 10:34:04 -0500 by hotbakedtater because: add photo

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Wonderful to see her recover like that, all the best to her

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
yep good to see her doing well.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Recovering from her mortal head wound,

The AntiChrist arises...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
thats good to hear. although, i can tell there was some damage to function. notice the opposite side of her face from the side she got shot is less active. the eye isn't squinted like the other, as happy smiles do, and her lips aren't pulled back as much. all in all, she is very lucky.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Glad to see this beautiful picture of her, as testament to how far she has come in the relatively short time.

Carusone also said that if Giffords' recovery were to plateau now, "it would not be nearly the quality of life she had before." "All that we can hope for is that she won't plateau today and that she'll keep going and that when she does plateau, it will be at a place far away from here," she said.

Sadly, the above statement is pretty true for head trauma. Keep going, Gabby, and God bless you and your family.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
wow! she is looking good
recovering well.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
She looks great, but I have a question. I hope it is not inappropriate.

Does she now have false teeth, at least on top? It appears so to me. I think it's highly possible that a high impact wound like that could knock out teeth. I'll have to look at earlier photos to determine.

Sorry if this is morbid to some.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Does she now have false teeth, at least on top? It appears so to me. I think it's highly possible that a high impact wound like that could knock out teeth. I'll have to look at earlier photos to determine.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Great to see her smiling,the last few months must have been so tough for her & her family.hopefully she'll get back to full health & do what she likes doing.
So much evil in the world,nice seeing her smile after all thats happened

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Thank God,this so great.I wonder if she'll start an anti-gun run now.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

She always had a bit of an overbite. As far as I know she got hit too far up to damage her teeth.

I'm glad she's doing so well. This whole incident was a tragedy and I hope everyone involved is recovering.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The AntiChrist arises...

You know I couldn't help but wonder the same thing after reading the bible verse in Revelations that says something like " shall recover from a mortal head wound and the whole world will marvel".
Sleeper candidate for sure.

I gotta add that it's amazing she is doing so well.
Those were some horrific wounds and she is very fortunate to be alive and well.
edit on 12-6-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Rep. Giffords is cleariy unable to fulfill the duties of her office.  Why hasn't she done the honorable thing by resigning her position?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by Signals

The AntiChrist arises...

You know I couldn't help but wonder the same thing after reading the bible verse in Revelations that says something like " shall recover from a mortal head wound and the whole world will marvel".
Sleeper candidate for sure.

I gotta add that it's amazing she is doing so well.
Those were some horrific wounds and she is very fortunate to be alive and well.

Please guys. A mortal wound is a fatal wound. Does not apply here.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Rep. Giffords is cleariy unable to fulfill the duties of her office. Why hasn't she done the honorable thing by resigning her position?

I think she's a little bit BUSY RIGHT NOW recovering from a horrible head wound.:shk:
edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
I think she's a little bit BUSY RIGHT NOW recovering from a horrible head wound.

Well her constituents aren't paying her to recover from an injury. They're paying her to represent them in congress, and that she is unable to do. And probably won't be able to do at any time in the future, given the grievous and permanent nature of her wound. I'm not blaming Ms. Giffords. But facts are facts, and the voters of her district deserve someone who can do the job.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Well her constituents aren't paying her to recover from an injury.

Yeah, as a matter of fact they are.

They're paying her to represent them in congress, and that she is unable to do. And probably won't be able to do at any time in the future, given the grievous and permanent nature of her wound. I'm not blaming Ms. Giffords. But facts are facts, and the voters of her district deserve someone who can do the job.

Well we should just leave it up to her constituents to decide, shouldn't we? Don't be such a boor.
edit on 12-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I have a sneaking suspicion that Gabby probably doesn't even realize where she is at any particular moment, much less that she is a sitting US Representative. That's why they won't let a reporter within a mile of her. And if that's true, it is someone else that is making decisions for her. Like her staff, who probably want to ride that gravy train for as long as possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join