It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pot 'Cured' Brain Cancer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Pot 'Cured' Brain Cancer

www.news.com.au

A desperate US father gave his son cannabis oil to ease the pain of a life-threatening tumour, and now credits the drug with helping save his son's life, reports the Daily Mail.

Read more: www.news.com.au... LT6HkEpV
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
It's no surpise to many of us here, THC can supress and even kill cancer cells. This has been known since 1974.

This is a heart warming story, All that technology, expsensive drugs and dangerous complicated surgery and yet a simple herb gives results.

However since we are not truly free and the rights to our own bodies has been taken away, you are denied access to cheap or free safe alternatives and pointed to the government sanctioned drugs sometimes costing thousands of dollars a month.

As far as I'm concerned if you are dying you should be able to take whatever the hell you want!

And quite frankly I'd break this rediculous law several times over to save a loved ones life or my own.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
S+F!!!

This is a VERY important thread and should be flagged by everyone that reads it!

The book "Hemp for Health" is quite enlightening!

Thanks for this, this kind of information should NEVER be hidden and this plant should NEVER have been banned!

edit on 5/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Gateway drug huh?? what bs gateway to better health, great story i hope it picks up and people see what more lies they have been told about Pot, and that it has allot of magical properties to better mankind, not saying every should get high and the world would be better(although its worth a shot) I mean the bread that can be made and the oil, fuel, clothes and other materials..

Banning Pot is like saying nature is wrong, and that God made a mistake- Miss you mr Hicks.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
None here has the right to judge what this Father did, turns out he did what most would deem unthinkable, truth is the long bottom leaf has so much to offer all mankind. And if legalized World wide would end much of the planets economic woes...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001
Gateway drug huh?? what bs gateway to better health, great story i hope it picks up and people see what more lies they have been told about Pot, and that it has allot of magical properties to better mankind, not saying every should get high and the world would be better(although its worth a shot) I mean the bread that can be made and the oil, fuel, clothes and other materials..

Banning Pot is like saying nature is wrong, and that God made a mistake- Miss you mr Hicks.

Ditto. He was the best. Why do all the great guys die young.

Great story OP.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmac10001

"Banning Pot is like saying nature is wrong, and that God made a mistake" - Miss you mr Hicks.

Love it, I hope you don't mind if I use this in future!

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor in 2007, I was given an 18 month prognosis, 4 years later I am still here and healthier than ever. Lets just say I have been self medicating for the past 4 years and believe it has had an effect on my condition.

When I got the diagnosis I did some research and found some interesting studies
www.webmd.com...

Researchers say the cannabinoids found in marijuana may aid in brain tumor treatment by targeting the genes needed for the tumors to sprout blood vessels and grow.

Their study showed that cannabinoids inhibited genes needed for the production of vascular growth factor (VEGF) in laboratory mice with glioma brain tumors and two patients with late-stage glioblastoma multiforme, a form of brain cancer.

I have a glioblastoma multiforme, and got in touch with the research team who carried out these tests. I still keep in touch , just to let them know how I am doing. I did offer to be a guinea pig for future studies, but I dont think it works like that.

Such a brave little kid to have to of gone through all that chemo, what an amazing story. I know its doing something right

edit on 5-5-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Good post, just thought I'd add this...

A new study published in Nature Reviews-Cancer provides an historic and detailed explanation about how THC and natural cannabinoids counteract cancer, but preserve normal cells.

The study by Manuel Guzmán of Madrid Spain found that cannabinoids, the active components of marijuana, inhibit tumor growth in laboratory animals. They do so by modulating key cell-signalling pathways, thereby inducing direct growth arrest and death of tumor cells, as well as by inhibiting the growth of blood vessels that supply the tumor...

www.safeaccessnow.org...

DENVER--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cannabis Science, Inc. (OTCBB:CBIS.ob - News) a pioneering U.S. biotech company developing pharmaceutical cannabis (marijuana derivative) products, is pleased to announce that numerous patients are reporting that Cannabis Science extract treatments are killing cancer cells.

www.cannabisscience.com...

edit on 5/5/2011 by ANOK because: you know it's good for you

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Also, if you are old and smoke pot then your family won't be able to tell how senile you've gotten - they'll think it is just the pot you smoke for your arthritis.

*This stops them from getting any ideas about doing things 'for your own good'...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Crazy huh? A cure for cancer...yet... well it's POT after all

For those that haven't yet, check out Run From The Cure; The Rick Simpson Story

phoenixtears.ca...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It is Manual Guzman that I am in contact with.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I believe in the properties derived out of the plant. but not by smoking
( my 2 cents )
As for the ' oil ' .. readily available
' Nutiva Organic Hemp Seed Oil - 8 fl oz www.google.com... q-r3AJnmn-YGT1H4K2qw&num=2&sig=AGiWqtwb9_9G_ljbnKb6QIkQbkIqe94InQ&adurl=http://store.globalhemp.com/hemp-food-p/nutiva-hempseed-oil-8.htm%3FClick%3D2< br /> Smoking just one cannabis joint raises danger of mental illness by 40% www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 5-5-2011 by steven704 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
( my 2 cents )

Smoking just one cannabis joint raises danger of mental illness by 40% www.dailymail.co.uk...

You really shouldn't be relying on the Daily Mail for health news. It is designed to scare the parents of middle class kids. Apparently reading the Daily Mail increases your chances of mental illness by about 90%

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by steven704
( my 2 cents )

Smoking just one cannabis joint raises danger of mental illness by 40% www.dailymail.co.uk...

Wow, you've used the great bastion of truth that is the Daily Mail as your source? Nice.

I know someone who has been crippled with severe depression for most of their life, and as soon as they started smoking cannabis it helped far more than any of the drugs prescribed to them by the doctors.

abovetheignorance.org...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Empty Skies

the so-called medications isn't medication at all.

people are chronically depressed because of their refusal to incorporate GOD in their life. Truth.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

Cool story bro.

Anyway, on with the discussion about scientific fact and all that stuff, eh?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by steven704

I agree that ingesting the oil is the only way to treat serious illness. However I have to call bunk on that study.

It's just an extrapolation of the rediculous propaganda of the past.

Simply for the fact for if that were true there would be a mental hospital in every suburb and every country full to the brim with pot smokers.

Also to note that cannabis also contains cannabidiol which ironicaly has anti phychotic properties.
The plant has an answer for mental illness as well.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 5-5-2011 by squiz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join