It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blood Chocolate - And the suspicious death of a chocolate CEO

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Thanks boondock-saint. Your threads are starting to depress me! All too real, all to obvious, and all too under reported. It is almost like there is too much information for people to stay focused on one subject long enough for it to make sense. "Child labor making my chocolate? Why don'y you get a life man? I got bills to pay! And frickin Easter is right around the corner." Sickening. Disgusting. Heart breaking in its absolute unnecessary existence. Good one again bd-s.

CJ

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by darrman

i know the thread was about ,, the guy falling off his bike,,,,

but the BACK-story about the chocolate,, really is more important,,, dont you think!!

one dead guy,, hundreds of thousands of kids who don't get to live...

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The guy fell off his bike, because he had a hart attack while riding!
Why always a conspiracy?!

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
Thanks boondock-saint. Your threads are starting to depress me! All too real, all to obvious, and all too under reported. It is almost like there is too much information for people to stay focused on one subject long enough for it to make sense. "Child labor making my chocolate? Why don'y you get a life man? I got bills to pay! And frickin Easter is right around the corner." Sickening. Disgusting. Heart breaking in its absolute unnecessary existence. Good one again bd-s.

CJ

ur welcome Jens
this is what we do here at ATS.
The hardcore news you won't get on MSM.
Sickening and disgusting? yes
but it needs an audience don't ya think ???

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by madleo
The guy fell off his bike, because he had a hart attack while riding!
Why always a conspiracy?!

and since the guy just died yesterday
and no autopsy report has been filed yet,
I would love to know how you came to
this conclusion ????

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
So was Ferrero assassinated to keep him quiet
or was it truly an accident ???

Or maybe just vigilante justice?

The information presented in the OP certainly didn't flatter the people in this industry. Plus the fact that his dad is apparently the wealthiest man in Italy, don't you think that might attract the mafia's attention? I would be surprised if there weren't mafia involvement somewhere in there.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Is there a way to know which chocolate companies do not use illegal slave labor?

If people knew, they could avoid such companies.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Very interesting thread Boone. Thanks for posting.
Who knew that something as good as chocolate
could have such a dark history behind it...?

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock
Oompah Loompah INDEED!

Doop - A - Dee - Do.

nice, makes you wonder, kinda, just how much is blatantly thrown in our faces like so? If nothing changes, this world will die, choking on its own filth and ignorance.
edit: It was me, pushed that fellow off his bike guys, sorry for the misunderstanding, never again.
edit on 19-4-2011 by vivalarevolution because: cyjednsg

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword

Is there a way to know which chocolate companies do not use illegal slave labor?
If people knew, they could avoid such companies.

a very good question and point.
At the present time, there are laws in place
that help protect against child labor. However,
the problem arises from the reporting agencies
doing the investigating. The manufacturers and the
NGO's can't agree on protocols for the results.
So really, nobody can absolutely source their chocolate
to approved labor.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Very interesting thread Boone. Thanks for posting.
Who knew that something as good as chocolate
could have such a dark history behind it...?

wow, a pun with meaning.
I'm impressed.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's possible he may have had a heart attack and died. Alot of times the first symptom of heart disease is sudden death. For all we know he may have been predisposed to it. Jim Fixx who started the jogging craze died from a heart attack after finishing his morning jog back in the 80's. Turned out he was predisposed to heart disease.

On the other the chocolate cartel might have had him offed. You just never know. I'm just not one to jump to conclusions.

If people are concerned about child labor they might as well walk around naked and starve then. Unless they grow their own food and make their own clothing.

Whichever the case, i'm about to chow down on a Hershey's with almonds.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

CJ

ur welcome Jens
this is what we do here at ATS.
The hardcore news you won't get on MSM.
Sickening and disgusting? yes
but it needs an audience don't ya think ???

Absolutely. I believe that knowledge is power. I also have an intrinsic love for humankind. There are many that don't and then difficult but true answer is to continue to confront these issues head on. I may have been play acting a little with my previous thread in that I am aware of this tragedy, but I was awoken to it with your thread...it has me thinking now...again...about the realities of the world vs what easily could be...agree 100% this needs to be heard...if I am going to hear about it, it might as well be the real deal...

ColoradoJens
edit on 19-4-2011 by ColoradoJens because: 'cause I have allowed social convention and microsoft to rob me of my spelling

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by bg_socalif
On the other the chocolate cartel might have had him offed. You just never know. I'm just not one to jump to conclusions.

jumping to conclusions is how we
get our mental exercise around here.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

And the recent trivial-news being spread about how chocolate is better for you than most fruits...what a laugh. These people are twisted.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini

And the recent trivial-news being spread about how chocolate is better for you than most fruits...what a laugh. These people are twisted.
Thanks

yea, I think I remember seeing that news.
I think it said that chocolate could help
prevent cancer or something other.
Which I think is BS research.
and thanks for your contribution.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Although it doesn't surprise me, I wasn't aware of this horror. Thanks for posting this, I think... I love chocolate. But, now I'll be searching out some of the companies that don't get their cocoa in this manner! As for the dude's death, I wonder if they will do an autopsy, and if those findings will be made public. Hmm, could have been a massive stroke that just felled him, or a heart attack, or his heart could have just flatlined. I've heard of all three happening, and in odd circumstances, such as riding a bike. Maybe he had really high blood pressure, and wasn't used to physical exercise. But if it was a murder, with his affiliations with the CFR we might see some retaliation? Curious, I will keep an eye out. Thanks for your thread Boondock, great as always!

xxxx
Prax

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Ahhhhh... bjut I love Nutella... F..

well... is there any chocolate company that may not be doing this? or I gotta give up chocoloate? well... goodbye beautiful tasting chocolate, goodbye.,

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

boon,

As bad as I hate to say it.

If we refuse "blood" products we'll run around naked
and most of everything we have will go away.

China? India?

Yeah. It sucks. Thats why I try to buy US....when i can.

I saw something on drudge the other day about a chocolate guy.
I figured "meh", what ever.

I had no idea it was Fererra.
god bless the man.

Gotta love the NWO.

posted on Apr, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

I can't copy and paste. You'll just have to wait and see!
Maybe one of my fellow South Africans can copy and paste an article here! I found 1 in Afrikaans, maybe they'll find one in English.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join