It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Carefull & Use 112 on your cell phone~!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakenAwake

If you dont have a mobile or cell signal it doesnt work.... FYI: Vodafone AU sucks.... i get signal everywhere but my house and the 3.5G always drops out

I actually learnt this from working at Telstra that Telstra phones get priority on Cell towers as the majority are run by Telstra. Although it seems common sense i didnt realise it...

edit on 15-4-2011 by Havick007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

fore armed is fore warned... i went with optus who piggyback on telstra,after a little research .. but the info i read when i used google said the 112 is different, 000 NEEDS a network but 112 will bounce all over the shop because you have an EMERGENCY... and whats more when you first get a moblie here in australia it wont do anything except dial 112 until you put a SIM card in it...

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
That'll be the day when I'm scared in my own home....

Learn to use a pistol and get a compact or something.... You should never be in fear of someone at your door.
edit on 15-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
Although fowl play has not been published at this point in either case...

Oh, come on! No one else noticed this??

Those damned birds are always to blame! It's a conspiracy, I tell you!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ShakenAwake

I'll test it as soon as my signal drops out.....

Although it may also be my phone, the N97 as so many bugs, sometimes i get a txt 2 hours + after it was sent. I'm not sure whether it was the network or my phone.

Are you sure your not mixing this up with handsets that are dual,tri or quad band enabled?

GSM Bands

ACMA.Gov.Au - FAQ

Can I call 112 from a mobile phone?

112 is the GSM international standard emergency number which can only be dialled on digital mobile phones. Accepted as a secondary international emergency number in some parts of the world (including Australia), 112 can be dialled in areas of GSM network coverage with the call automatically translated to that country’s emergency number.

It is important to realise that if there is no mobile coverage, you will not be able to reach the Emergency Call Service via a mobile phone.

Special capabilities once existed when dialling 112, however mobile phones manufactured since January 2002 also provide these capabilities when dialling Triple Zero (000) to access the emergency call service.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Now here is a post and thread I can feel good about star and flagging. Well done. It's sad that the world has degenerated into a cesspool of crime, and it's even sadder still that the evil prey on the kind.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Huh, I had never heard of this 112 feature myself.
I will make sure and pass this info along. Could be a life saver for someone!

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the info!

I will be sure to go over this information with my family tonight.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
I have been laughed at and made fun of for not opening my door to Jehovah's Witnesses, especially ones that watch me walk to my door then knock for 10 minutes since they know I'm there. But that's a whole different bag of cookies...

I agree that this is good advice. Hoax or not, I have been told since I was a little girl that if someone in a uniform approaches me, I am allowed to ask them for a close view of their badge. I have also been told of being able to call 9-1-1 (USA) and they somehow check if there is someone dispatched to watch a certain vehicle/certain area. This is because it's unfortunately a very real threat. Nowadays, unmarked cars are actually pretty obvious...they have 20 antennas and their license plates are required to end in "PD" (at least in OK they are)

I have also been told that when walking through a parking garage, day or night, in this day of cell phones it should always be known to someone else that you are entering/exiting a garage. There are too many corners and hidey holes, and there are some cases where "security" will offer you a ride to ground level, however they are not security at all. It's important to let people know where you are regardless, but in cases like these, sometimes paranoia can save you trouble!

Stephen King has a fairly recent book out that has a short story related to something like this...I could barely read it...I guess it made me squirm because I'm a girl and it was just a little too realistic for me.

wow, paranoid much?

however, letting someone know about you entering a garage via cell phone will do squat at preventing danger to you - if anything does happen, it may only help them locate your body.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
reply to post by Komodo

I've seen very similar tactics in the outback of Australia, mainly Western Australia. When i was over visiting my Aunty and driving between Perth and Port Headland there were similar tactics used by Aboriginals (indigenous Australians). In this case many people had been driving at night or through the day and either hit something or saw a body laying on the road. They would stop to get out and see if everything was ok only to be ambushed and in some cases killed not only for their belongings but because many indigenous Australian's have a strong hatred for settlers or immigrants.

Even the police would say to not stop and continue on to the next town / police station and advise them of what had happened.

That sounds like something out of The Hills Have Eyes or the Book of Eli

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
MODS please move to the hoax thread.

This hoax has been doing the rounds all over the world. Please folks, a simple google search will have told you this. google = baby seat gang = hoax

www.hoax-slayer.com...

Don't believe everything you read. I also can't believe I'm the first to report this here on ATS that it's a hoax. C'mon guys....

Just goes to show that 37 people will blindly flag something if it scares them huh, I suppose that is the point of fear-mongering.
edit on 15-4-2011 by coder22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

That is why, in the United States, we have a second amendment.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm gonna make sure my 16 yr old daughter reads this thread

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you for this information. The tactics they are using is playing with the human psychy in a deep way. I will most definately pass this information on. peace

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr
reply to post by Komodo

Thank you for this information. The tactics they are using is playing with the human psychy in a deep way. I will most definately pass this information on. peace

Jeez.. C'mon man, it's a hoax! Do you just read the first post of a thread then comment?? - Why not read the thread, or do some research yourself?

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
I'm gonna make sure my 16 yr old daughter reads this thread

Make sure she reads the part where coder22 posted the link proving that it's a worldwide viral hoax spread by email.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

There's enough fear-mongering on ATS as it is, so any time I can debunk a fear-mongering hoax to be a hoax, I will. Hey by the way, don't answer your door the next time you hear the door bell ring 3 times, there is a report in America that there is a murderer that rings the door 3 times before he kills, it's part of a satanic ritual. Oh, I made that one up - but go ahead, spam that one to everyone - afterall, even though it's made up, it will make sure people stay vigilant before they open their front door to strangers. Give me a break. Just all angry that you got caught up in the hoax without using google? Poor show my silly little friend.
edit on 15-4-2011 by coder22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by coder22

any time I can debunk a fear-mongering hoax to be a hoax, I will.
Just all angry that you got caught up in the hoax without using google?
Poor show my silly little friend.

What are you talking about? Poor show of what?
You are the one repeatedly spamming that this is a hoax.
What is it that you think I am all caught up in?

I'm not worried about it personally, but I don't think that it needs to be tossed into the hoax bin just so you can feel good about yourself for some reason. If one person can read this, and in the future comes into a similar situation that causes them to recall this possibility and they then give a little more thought about it before jumping to any conclusions, then it was well worth being read.

Advice cannot be hoaxed. Advice is just that. It is advice.

There are 4 words in the beginning of this OP that are larger than the rest. What does the first word say? Possible. The OP clearly states that this is a possible scenario. So tell me this, how is it possible, that a possible scenario can be a hoax?

P.S. I hate to burst your bubble, but the same thing that you have been saying was already on the 1st page. It was not you who unraveled it all.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Ok, Ok - you're right. ...Jeez.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join