It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Block Wall in an Oklahoma Mine, at least 286 million years old. Who Built It?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lyrian

According to the link in the OP the WW was wrong and was not the person's name.

If you read the link the actual "WW" relates his story again.

am submitting this because some have accused me of lying about my Grandfather’s statement about the mine, and all have misquoted my name. My name was never W.W. I have my Grandfather’s signed statement about the mine, and I can prove the signature for any of the slanderers who have the guts to stand up. I was at Abilene Christian College (now University) in 1968-1969 when I shared the statement with a professor there. I thought he ignored it. Only recently did I become aware that it had gotten any attention, and then I learned that some were calling it a fabrication. I’m here to take you slanderers on. I live in Lindale, TX. My real name is W.A. McCormick. If any of you had looked for Atlas Almon Mathis in any genealogical records, he was there!!!!!! I was there with him!!!!!

I don't know what to make of it all and it is quite interesting, but "fake and rubbished in 2007" has been further rubbished by more facts pertaining to the matter.

Atleast read the OP and the articles provided before making assumptions.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by i am just saying
what a laugh!
people actually believe the earth is 286 million years old!

I dont think it states the EArth is that old just the find friend. Also programs are timeless and have loops!

Thanks

edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by i am just saying

i dont think you understand, the earth is not 286 million years old, it is at least 4.5 billion according to the leading theories. the stone block wall found underground is 286 million years old, which is 286 million years older than what the leading theories say about how old humanity is.

so why are you laughing? you either don't understand what this thread is about, or your a complete idiot. either way, im laughing at you.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by moosevernel
if u catch my drift??

I totally understand, valid point taken.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by oldsoulnewmind

You are very welcome my friend

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Sorry no scientific papers gained..
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lyrian
www.badarchaeology.net...

faked and rubbished back in 2007

Thanks for the data. I quoted it so others can see incase your correct...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

surely whoever built this wall could have just built it with rocks that were that age, doesnt necessarily mean that the wall was built that amount of time ago...

i mean i could make a pot out of 100 year old clay but the pot itself would only be 1 minute old, yet it would get dated as 100 years old if u catch my drift??

You would be correct in your calculation
The phenomena we are searching for is how it came to be entombed in a coal rift. What we cannot determine is is it were built underground, or if it was layered over by epochs of time by wind and water. Just as ruins discovered hundreds of feet deep in offshore locations. Were they built underwater, or did the rising sea levels inundate them?

ah well that will teach me not to read the entire thing lol..!!

i think its more plausible that landslides, tsnuimas or maybe an earthquake even could have possibly buried this wall.

but whos to say its very intriguing

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's worth noting that if I go into a mine, to a seamhead where the coal being extracted is ~286 million years old, and drop my digital watch .....

..... and a month later someone finds it under a pile of coal dust, right where the latest coal has been dug from ......

It does not mean the digital watch is 286 million years old

(by the way, we can't use carbon dating on anything more than ~40,000 years old. There are numerous other methods for dating rocks, including coal)

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I sent you a private message in case you didn't see it.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spikey

I love it time travel!!!!!! Good point.
Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Thank you for your supportive input in the thread. I again have been trying to understand EA activities in this current/future/present or past however this find keeps my interest for some reason.

Be well

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Great thread , I will have to go over it later since I have to run an errand but just a quick note before I get out . Who said it had to be humans that made those ? I mean 280 mln years old means this could have been build by a highly evolved race of sentient worms, or butterflies for all we know
Just throwing it out since I am almost sure (I read only a few posts) , the old debate about human age will develop here

edit on 7/4/11 by Thill because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by spikey

I love it time travel!!!!!! Good point.
Thanks

Wheyhey!

Nice one Ophiuchus...mostly *nobody* gets my TT references!

Could be though, couldn't it...if it's possible and humanity lasts long enough, what better 'place' is there to go, to start humanity again?

It may even be part of a future TT 'package tour'..Trips in time! See the very spot where human life began! (type of thing)

Weird, but possibly possible (if you see what i mean).

link   
reply to post by Otamad

1 thanks you for clarifying to the other members this data.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

(by the way, we can't use carbon dating on anything more than ~40,000 years old. There are numerous other methods for dating rocks, including coal)

Thanks for your valid points made. 1 must ask tho can you share these other ways of dating.

Be well

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Thanks

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

surely whoever built this wall could have just built it with rocks that were that age, doesnt necessarily mean that the wall was built that amount of time ago...

i mean i could make a pot out of 100 year old clay but the pot itself would only be 1 minute old, yet it would get dated as 100 years old if u catch my drift??

You would be correct in your calculation
The phenomena we are searching for is how it came to be entombed in a coal rift. What we cannot determine is is it were built underground, or if it was layered over by epochs of time by wind and water. Just as ruins discovered hundreds of feet deep in offshore locations. Were they built underwater, or did the rising sea levels inundate them?

ah well that will teach me not to read the entire thing lol..!!

i think its more plausible that landslides, tsnuimas or maybe an earthquake even could have possibly buried this wall.

but whos to say its very intriguing

HA!
I read those articles and started doing a pile of research that took me to other references. I was thinking the same thing until I researched the dozen or so Supercontinents that already popped up, sunk, drifted, and so on. It fascinates me as much as the idea that we know very little about even our modern oceans. 600 years ago, the earth was flat, bloodletting cured illness, witches floated, and getting ill was a demonic possession

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
It's worth noting that if I go into a mine, to a seamhead where the coal being extracted is ~286 million years old, and drop my digital watch .....

..... and a month later someone finds it under a pile of coal dust, right where the latest coal has been dug from ......

It does not mean the digital watch is 286 million years old

While I understand your overall point, I don't see how it relates here.

From what I'm understanding this isn't something you can just drop and then someone else finds next week. I've never accidentally dropped a brick wall, but I have dropped my watch quite a few times.

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thill
Great thread , I will have to go over it later since I have to run an errand but just a quick note before I get out .

Thanks and enjoy..

Originally posted by Thill
Who said it had to be humans that made those ? I mean 280 mln years old means this could have been build by a highly evolved race of sentient worms, or butterflies for all we know
Just throwing it out since I am almost sure (I read only a few posts) , the old debate about human age will develop here

Yea me and anotheR poster noted the potentials that hollow EArth inhabitants could have done it as well or other beings non native to EA.

Good point made. Human age amazing the mystery inolved. Like some just dont want the answers out. But its cool eventually all data will be universally shared so non are lost anymore.

Be well

edit on 4/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join