It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introduction & Real-Time Ionospheric TEC (Total Electron Content) Disturbance

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread S+F

Being only a humble layperson reading posts such as this only goes to confirm to me to trust more in my own instincts, and not allow myself to be railroaded by the self proclaimed "experts" who frequent these forums.

One of the things which brought me to ATS in the first place was a sense of Earth becoming less stable and more unpredictable, and my own gut instinct telling me something isn't totally adding up, in addition I also felt that there was a correllation between solar activity, and increased seismic activity (the bigger earthquakes in particular), try as I might to remain open minded, and assimilate other members contributions, your post demonstrates to me, to always remember there isn't always wrong or right in theses discussions, and that I might not understand why I think the way I do, but that how I think still makes me validated in some way, after all nobody knows everything there is to know, science is progressive, and something set in stone today, can be broekn up, or entirely done away with tomorrow

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Actually something that will interest all of you, As much as the attention was focused on California because of that girls prediction. The information provided by the original poster was right in there being an earthquake a 6.4 magnitude earthquake hit 438 Km's Northwest of Tonga at a depth of 23 km's no reports of injuries or damage or tsunami warnings though. But just because it didn't hit as predicted a large earthquake did strike within the time frame for this to be pretty accurate.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Hey tacjtg, that is pretty cool you noticed the correlation.

The link is definately known by the scientific community, there are dozens of papers available online.

Regardless of what people think or deny, the electron depletion precursor is, at the moment probably the best bet in the future of earthquake prediction.

Well done.

My personal opinion is that earthquakes result from both plate tectonics and geomagnetic disturbances, Plate tectontonics supplies the pressure, under pressure certain rock can become electrically conductive. Geomagnetic disturbances in the ionosphere activity can begin moving currrents on and beneath the ground much like a capacitor. If there is a breakdown in the current a large discharge could occur underground releasing the pressure suddenly.

Underground lightning could be the trigger mechanism.

That's a really, really condensed version. Just a theory folks, food for thought.

This could explain the electromagnetic anomalies such as earthquake lights, radio noise, st elmos fire, animal behaviour. At the very least there is definately electromagnetic properties at work. Seems logical that it would be from the compression of the rock, the rest is speculation at this point. But electron depletion? Yes.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I was wondering if maybe the following analogy might help to pinpoint how solar activity could have an impact on earthquake activity:

An old man with a heart condition finds himself in a situation where he is being yelled at by an angry man, who also starts to push him around. Shortly afterwards, the old man has a heart attack. Now, would it be fair to say that the angry man contributed to the old man's heart attack? Maybe not, you might say, after all the man had a heart condition and was old anyway. A younger, healthier man would have tolerated the shouting and pushing around easily (OK he might have got in a fight with the angry man, but the point is, his heart would probably be fine). However, if the old man wasn't attacked he may have gone on for a long time before having a heart attack. So surely the angry man's attack would be considered a contributing factor to the old man's heart attack occurring at that time?

Likewise, could solar activity act in a similar way? An 'angry' blow that might be too much for some more vulnerable areas within the earth?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Electric Universe, I think your definition of "bias" is a bit off balance. "Holding to the old theories" does not, in itself, indicate a bias, or at least not an overwhelming one that must be pointed to in order to balance the conversation. I've never seen Phage do anything but make a reasoned argument while looking at all the evidence. You tell him to look at more evidence, and the ones you cite each contradict each other. When this is pointed out, you begin shouting about how they're all biased.

Anything to hold to your theory, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I was thinking the same thing. Some folks make a good case for solar activity leading up to these events as well as ionic activity.But...If these events were "man made" then tracking by geotechnology would provide zero information. Now if I were in control of a geoweapon I would have figured that over time people who track geo and strato events before and after natural events would start seeing patterns. And having a weapon that I could track these same natural patterns I would simply track an event building up on a natural scale and set my weapon off accordingly to fall into those natural patterns. So It really wouldn't be hard for a government in control of a geoweapon to use it in a matter that wouldn't be out of the natural patterns. I don't know I kinda went off in a direction that is a little off topic I guess. I do see the patterns the OP has brought up.There seems to be some kinda geopatterns in relation to these events. It's just annoying that we can't seem to weave together a better picture to better pinpoint these events.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Wow for a first post, you've done well!

Glad to see this has been moved, starred and flagged, this type of posting is what makes ATS great.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Wonderful, tacjtj

Keep us informed if you see anything strange...

Science is meant to be open.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
What the research from around the world says is that fluctuations in solar activity, either up or down, does cause earthquakes. When solar activity is down the Solar System recieves more radiations from sources outside the Solar System, which affect Earth's, and every planet's climate as well as seismic and magmatic activity. When solar activity is up the same thing happens, but the source in this case is the Sun.
So yes, solar activity, and sources from outside the Solar System do contribute to earthquake and seismic activity on Earth. Although these two are not the only causes for earthquake and seismic activities.

So I don't understand this. According to you there will constantly be increased seismic and magmatic activity since we are always in either a increased or decreased state?

If this is true how do you know what normal activity consist of if we are always in an increased state of seismic activity?

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
Thank you for posting this thread S+F

Being only a humble layperson reading posts such as this only goes to confirm to me to trust more in my own instincts, and not allow myself to be railroaded by the self proclaimed "experts" who frequent these forums.

One of the things which brought me to ATS in the first place was a sense of Earth becoming less stable and more unpredictable, and my own gut instinct telling me something isn't totally adding up, in addition I also felt that there was a correllation between solar activity, and increased seismic activity (the bigger earthquakes in particular), try as I might to remain open minded, and assimilate other members contributions, your post demonstrates to me, to always remember there isn't always wrong or right in theses discussions, and that I might not understand why I think the way I do, but that how I think still makes me validated in some way, after all nobody knows everything there is to know, science is progressive, and something set in stone today, can be broekn up, or entirely done away with tomorrow

Actually the earth is more stable right now than any other period of time. Don't forget what's happened in the past from killer volcanoes to ice ages to huge fluctuations in the temperature. Also remember some of the serious plagues we've been affected by in the past.

What's going on right now is really nothing compared to what's happened in the past.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DesirableAnswers
Actually something that will interest all of you, As much as the attention was focused on California because of that girls prediction. The information provided by the original poster was right in there being an earthquake a 6.4 magnitude earthquake hit 438 Km's Northwest of Tonga at a depth of 23 km's no reports of injuries or damage or tsunami warnings though. But just because it didn't hit as predicted a large earthquake did strike within the time frame for this to be pretty accurate.

Man, less that 15 hours after the big quake hit there they had 2 aftershocks that were over 7.0 and I believe they had over 300 over magnitude 3.0 in the first 3 days.

Quit trying to reach to verify something.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsloan
reply to post by kdog1982

I was thinking the same thing. Some folks make a good case for solar activity leading up to these events as well as ionic activity.But...If these events were "man made" then tracking by geotechnology would provide zero information. Now if I were in control of a geoweapon I would have figured that over time people who track geo and strato events before and after natural events would start seeing patterns. And having a weapon that I could track these same natural patterns I would simply track an event building up on a natural scale and set my weapon off accordingly to fall into those natural patterns. So It really wouldn't be hard for a government in control of a geoweapon to use it in a matter that wouldn't be out of the natural patterns. I don't know I kinda went off in a direction that is a little off topic I guess. I do see the patterns the OP has brought up.There seems to be some kinda geopatterns in relation to these events. It's just annoying that we can't seem to weave together a better picture to better pinpoint these events.

If you want to get a better picture you need to research if there hasn't been periods of increased seismic activity after solar upheavels. If that has happened than it would pretty much debunk this theory and make it nothing more than a coincidence.

I don't know as I haven't researched it myself so won't comment but I would bet money that studies have been done and that's why this isn't a concern to the majority of the scientific community. I was never taught that solar changes had any impact on seismic activity and if it was verifiable I see no reason it would be left out of the teachings unless all geology classes are involved in some sort of conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

Actually I believe that you could be right, which was why I said I leave people to decide if my image debunked it.

The problem here is that there is so much more to it than a simple debunking like Phage's which was based on sunspot numbers. That is not the whole story by a long chalk but there are so many parts and it is so complex that it could take months of work to find a connection.

It is I believe all connected with the electric universe theory but how I don't know yet. Maybe one day I will get the time to put it all together! Hopefully someone else will beat me to it

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Yeah absolutely true, I kind of thought that would have gone without saying, perhaps I should have made that part a little clearer.

Of course that is not to say we will not experience a repeat of these events at some point in the future (a little off topic perhaps, just wanted to acknowledge your response).

Oh while I'm at it, just want to clarify, obviously tectonics (plate), are obviously a major factor in quakes, and their role in seismic activity is king, but it doesn't mean their isn't room for other influencing factors (just wanted to clear that up before somebody misconstrunes, thinking that I solely believe earthquakes are controllled by geomagnetic activity, because that obviously isnt the case.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by kro32

Yeah absolutely true, I kind of thought that would have gone without saying, perhaps I should have made that part a little clearer.

Of course that is not to say we will not experience a repeat of these events at some point in the future (a little off topic perhaps, just wanted to acknowledge your response).

Oh while I'm at it, just want to clarify, obviously tectonics (plate), are obviously a major factor in quakes, and their role in seismic activity is king, but it doesn't mean their isn't room for other influencing factors (just wanted to clear that up before somebody misconstrunes, thinking that I solely believe earthquakes are controllled by geomagnetic activity, because that obviously isnt the case.

There very well may be something to it since not everything is know yet about earthquakes. It wasn't even till the 1970's that plate techtonics came into play so who knows.

Right now though, whether wrong or right, most scientists remain skeptical about solar anything and earthquakes...interesting post however.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

Excellent point! Instead of looking at this like its the "end all be all" of predictions, use it in conjunction with other data and I think it would be a very useful tool. Great post OP

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Actually the earth is more stable right now than any other period of time. Don't forget what's happened in the past from killer volcanoes to ice ages to huge fluctuations in the temperature. Also remember some of the serious plagues we've been affected by in the past.

What's going on right now is really nothing compared to what's happened in the past.

I think what he is talking about is the changes that have been happening over the last couple decades, and how do you know that the earth is more stable than any other period in time? I don't think we have seismograph and solar flare readings from 1000 years ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by princeguy

Just tell him the facts dude,the earth has sped up twice ,at chile earthquake and now japan and also the axis has moved twice.Stable my a**,try explaining that to the japanese,the chilenese,the indianese,the new zealandese and the san franciscoese,man whole lot a shaking been goin on,mother earth did a belly dance ,just when is she going to next ye all..Stable,fable ,truth or lie since january the 9th I`d been telling yas all something was coming.,no lie,whole lot of movement ?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Pretty obvious
Peace gringo.
edit on 31-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Please review my study. It involves more than sunspot numbers.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Interesting observation. Is this something you came up with on your own, or something you have read about. I ask, because I wonder if there are any studies done on this. It could be something you observed on your own, independent of others. A quick internet search shows that this theory is indeed a possibility.

arxiv.org...

The GPS derived anomalous TEC disturbances before earthquakes were discovered in the last years using global and regional TEC maps, measurements over individual stations as well as measurements along individual GPS satellite passes.

From Cornell University no less. Sounds like this is a very real possibility.

Those who like to monitor likely Earthquake activity might want to keep track of this phenomenon.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join