It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
As most people here the key is to think logical use items of multi value and realiable and as members have said location, location, location will determine your items for me i live and work in the south of china where its not so cold so my items would be a good poly tent it rains alot here, easy to pack, wont get water logged, a chinese multipurpose kit (which even has the kitchen sink, its so choka block full of things, (flint, knife included) and a aluminium bottle i was tossing up duct tape

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
1. A repulsine - this is real.. not a joke at all. It is the first antigravity device made by an Austrian scientist/prophet forced to work for the Nazis www.abovetopsecret.com... It's a portable power plant and antigravity device in one.

2. a rail gun (to be powered by the Repulsine) For hunting and self defense

3. An electric ATV thats easier to get parts for www.flickr.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Last man alive:

Rocket pack with renewable fuel system, hunting rifle with plenty of .22 ammo, my EDC.

Post apocalpse with civilisation still standing (just).

Rocket pack with renewable fuel system, Oil Lenses, plenty of silver and gold.
edit on 24-3-2011 by WatchRider because: Amendment. .45 inside EDC

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
From past experience and knowledge .. The only thing would grab is my custom made randall thats seen over 40 years of use. The rest am able to find or make what need.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You guys have no imagination...
Come on... think BIG !
I would carry...

ONE - The 'keys' to Fort Knox.

TWO - A video that clearly shows the attack on the Pentagon on 9-11-01.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0fd6e59ffc38.jpg[/atsimg]

THREE - A Top-Secret/Cosmic/Majestic12/Yankee White Alpha Security Clearance.

If had had those I think everything else would work itself out.

edit on (3/24/11) by AllSeeingI because: format

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I'm going to have to say some $&@# seeds for hemp also tobacco seeds, old school longbow gives me definite advantage, and without a doubt a normal stovetop pot. You don't need a knife because when it breaks what then just make one out of stone. Fire is pretty easy to come by all you need is two sticks and some dry grass. A gun is completely useless because one their loud, two ammo, and three what happens when the hammer breaks. Other useful items I don't have to carry would be a pair of good hunting dogs male and female, second person as spotter, and cow because a horse is fast but a cow can carry more and is less likely to run.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Three things?

1. Daddybear

2. Slayer

3. The wife

But not really in that order. With those three, I think I could survive most anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Howdy neighbour... SEK here... in fact not to far from Joplin...

Here... in this country... I don't need three things... just two
my knife and supply of flint... nature will supply the rest

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Jumping in at page 4(now(9?)
I see the"silly kids" are coming out to play.
"never seen a "broken hammer" only one "broken firing pin" in my 50(+) years (and it still fired80%of the time on the stacked pieces..).

: depends alot on where I'm going but the "bare essentials" are the "bare essentials".
1) small/medium fixed blade knife/sheath. (carbon steel 5" frost "mora" for me.)
2) I like ferro rods.for fire.
3) canteen cup or old coffee can.

I always carry a small swiss army pocket knife and a ferro steel rod in my pocket. anyway.
edit on 10-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In Canada:

- six pack of beer
- beer holder so hands don't freeze
- straw for sipping beer from metal can in -40 celcius temps

(Why beer you say ? Because the average person hasn't got much hope in hell of surviving in the Canadian winter bush with only three minimal things not enabling you to build a really good, truly proper winter shelter... so you might as well just get drunk and wait for hypothermia to kick in while you're sitting in your lean-to in front of your campfire).

Anywhere else in the world:

- top quality large hunting knife w/sharpener
- firesteel
- water canteen

Otherwise, to survive through an entire Canadian winter you would need (at minimum):

- a good hunting knife
- firesteel
- water canteen
- small axe
- wool blanket
- extra interchangeable clothing (especially wool socks)
- various tools to build a small log cabin
- cooking pot/pan
- Swiss army knife
- ice fishing gear
- snowshoes
- hunting rifle and ammo (unless you're a crackshot with a hunting knife, moose don't take kindly to flesh wounds)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Same problems up here in Wisconsin
shelter is#1for a majority of the year.
saws /axes/hatchets are right at the top.Anytime except late spring/summer/ early fall.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE
saws /axes/hatchets are right at the top.Anytime except late spring/summer/ early fall.

Exactly

A good shelter (draft free and solid) is numero uno up here.

Saw with extra blades, hammer, chisel, large axe, nails and/or string and/or tiewraps, etc etc

So unless you can find an abandoned cabin somewhere, you haven't a hope otherwise.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My custom 9.5" WSK knife ( 1/4"thick, sawback, tracker style, high carbon folded steel, full-tang, with scraper and fillet blades, has ceramic rod and leatherman wave in sheath, along with attachemt for 50' of 550paracord in a tight roll.)

50 Pack of bic lighters( costs about $45.00, and can start fires for over a year)

Stainless steel container for cooking/boiling water.

I can build shelter, keep warm by fire and hunt/forage anywhere for food.
witht hose three things I would be pissed, uncomfortable, and dangerous to encounter....however I am confident I would survive an apocolyptic landscape.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

Originally posted by 46ACE

Exactly

A good shelter (draft free and solid) is numero uno up here.

Saw with extra blades, hammer, chisel, large axe, nails and/or string and/or tiewraps, etc etc

So unless you can find an abandoned cabin somewhere, you haven't a hope otherwise.

"canadians"

Love your bacon by the way

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My grandfather's axe (hickory handled)

my book on edible plants of the Southwestern US

If my hunting kit counts, then that (my bow, rosewood arrows and homemade broadpoints) would be my third item (its in a chamois roll, ready to roll)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Three things just doesn`t cut it.

Your basic survival needs are food, water, warmth, and security.

Let`s say.

1. Knife - gathers firewood, can make fire together with quarts if it`s a good carbon steel knife, skins animals, makes more tools, spear, digging, protection.

2. Poncho (2nds as tarp and sleeping bag) - keeps you dry. Warmth.

3. Lighter (will work as many times as a fire steel provided that you`re fast and done the prep right. Warmth, cooking, signaling, light, security.)

If you add:

4. Rope (toolmaking, shelter building, fishing line, snares, boot straps, traps, bow)

5. 22. rifle with ammo (5 things), then all your survival needs are met. (security, food, fire making)

Flashlight is useless. Runs out of power. Besides, after 40 minutes in complete darkness your eyesight is pretty good as long as the stars and moon aren`t clouded.

Pills, forget it, the body heals itself and natural herbs do a good job. Read up on herbs.

Tent? to heavy and don`t really need it. Need a backpack for carrying.

Food, you`ll find on your way.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
1.the custom and antique real damascus fixed blade hunting knife I just got for the husband as an out of the blue I love you gift.. , but if I had to bug out in a second immediately Id knock him out and take it since he pissed me off tonight. Has a ripper on it and keeps a sharp edge longer. Or Id just take him WITH the knife if he somehow managed to unpiss me off...

2. wool blanket.. but not just for warmth.. nice to hack a bit off for kindling/water filtration/wicking and a ton of other things.

3. my trusty camping cup/pot thingy.

If I could have but 2 more it would be a crowbar and a shovel.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
1. My true flight throwing knife, its perfect as a thrower or as a heavy bush knife.
2. Flint
3. Stainless Steel water bottle.

With these 3 things I can use my skills for: food procurement, firemaking, first aid, water purification & shelter construction.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
My homemade tool that has all the essentials, basics i will need in the woods. The tool has a knife with a saw on top. A 9 inch blade and a magnify glass in the knife at the base, for starting fires and is threaded at one end to screw into the handle. The knife is polished to a fine shine so that you can signal with it and it is sooo sharp you can shave with it. The guard has a hammer and a pick at both ends and connects to the handle and the knife. The handle is a storage space and inside i keep fishing string,hooks,sinkers,tiny bottle of bleach the size of a visine bottle and a fire starter with lint from the dryer. At the end of the hanle is a compass, but these are not all the attachments, so i would grab this first, because i usually have it assembled and put in it's leather case like that. That is NO#1 because they are all attached and in it's case. No#1 takes care of these essentials: Cutting food, killing food, self defense,sawing small trees for shelter, drops of bleach to kill bacteria in water, magnifyer to start fires to cook your food and warmth with a handle that holds equipment to snare small animanls, go fishing with, lint to start a fire, and a compass for direction.
The next thing i would grab would be my special container. It holds water and a screw on cap, this can, can be thrown directly into the fire to heat the water to a boil when nesessary. The water container is inside 2 half spheres with clips on the outside that hold the spheres together with a ring on top for the carry strap.They can be used as bowls and i usually keep a swiss army knife,a shaker with salt and pepper in,and i stuff more lint from dryer in here for storage and packing so the stuff inside does not roll around. That is NO# 2. Essentials: water to drink, and the small items it can hold like salt that your body needs over time, with small knife cut food and eat with and more lint to start your fires.
I then would grab the attachment spear for hunting, fishing and self defense. Thats NO# 3.

The other stuff i can get out of the forest, Food,water,shelter or rummage thru whatever i find to use wherever i go.
You mentioned 3 things to take, but really, I can just walk out in the woods and get what i need. It is all there, right in front of you. All you have to do, is find it. Really. The only thing that is a challenge for me, would be the winter. REALLY. So i guess, realistacally all i would need to carry would be a pair of good boots, thick overalls and a thick warm hat. Cause winter is a challenge for any survivalist.

edit on 11-10-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would only need one thing. A essentials kit.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join