It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Masters. If You Could Only Carry 3 Things What Would They Be?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

A fat girl to keep me warm.
A knife.
A dog.
It is a good thing i will never be without my bob as i would miss my sewing kit.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Bowie Knife
Fire starter
Backpack

I don't like not having my knife on me and it can be very handy. I won't always feel like wasting strength on trying to make a fire or have the will to do so especially after a long day. The fire-starter would make it so much easier. I could scavenge for clothes later and even if it's in the winter I usually wear enough clothes to keep warm so I would take my backpack for storage.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
316 stainless 12" axe

long life flint stick/magnesium

stainless canteen

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

A swiss army knife, a flashlight, and a lighter. I can cut up some meat, see in the dark, and keep my self warm while cooking my food.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Pack of cigarettes, windproof lighter, toilet paper.
edit on 3/22/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: ixnay on the assportpay

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Trademark 35 oz Multipurpose Hatchet Hammer 75-PH288,
United Fire Strike Magnesium Flint,
Fishing Line.
edit on 3/24/2011 by Brainiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

Crusader Forge knife, tent, rope

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Id have to take an rv a liquor cabinet and a woman
That would last for awhile

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I think it really matters where you're going to be. I'm in Cleveland, Ohio and these are the items I would grab in any seasonal condition.
Anyone say Duct tape yet!?
1. Duct tape
2. Knife
3. Magnesium Stick
... just until things cooled down

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Fully serviced and equipped Landrover Defender (diesel). Large 1st Aid Kit. And a case of quarter cask Laphroaig (malt whisky)

You are obviously a master of survival. I can bring two glasses and fuel money.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
1. Native American Flute
2. A comforter
3. Jennifer Love Hewitt

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I've been thinking about the whole living under a garbage bag or tarp idea and I have to say that a small tent is sounding a lot more like decent shelter to me.
1st item is a small tent.
2nd item needs to be able to start a fire in all conditions, many times over... so I'll choose a flint.
3rd item needs to be a good quality knife. A Bowie or something similar.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
This is simple:
(1) S.O.G. Utility tool (MUCH better than SWISS, Leatherman, or Gerber)
(2) Multi-purpose hatchet (Preferably one with a shovel attachment too)
(3) Bottle of water purification tablets

- Fire is really easy to make if you understand and know how to use the "bow" method.
- You can make most things you really need straight from nature, IE. bowls, cups, traps, killing instruments, rope/twine
- Everything else is just comfort stuff. The hardest part would be if I was stuck doing this in the winter. I would sacrifice the water purification tabs for some heavy blankets. That would be the only compromise I would make. Once I get to where I would be heading, I would start making a large bowl to boil water in... water-borne illnesses fixed.

(Make sure, if something does happen, that you know where you are heading. Read up on the area, learn about the local flora and fauna; otherwise, you could end up eating something that can kill you or make you really sick.)

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
First:Id have some sort of gun.Preferably Something with a larger caliber.An M4 would be best

Second:A box of bullets.Half flat head half hallow tip.

Third:Something portable that can create fire.If your in a survival situation your gonna need
need it.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

S&F to you.
I would carry my daughter in one arm, my son in the other, and my dog on my back. I wouldn't worry about surviving; because I'd know with them with me "We go together or not at all"

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Knife
Gun
Duct tape

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

XBOX 360, 50" Plasma, Generator.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by xXThat1guyXx

Just want to give you a heads up. The M4 is a slightly wider .22 caliber round. I would HIGHLY suggest, if taking a gun, a scoped and zeroed 308. The range and accuracy, plus stopping power, really can't be beat for the weight and price.

AVOID at all costs the M16, AR15, M4 type guns. Anything that fires a 5.56 mm (Fed .223) is a bad choice. The round is too fast, and has little stopping power because of this. Go subsonic rounds, and make them hollow-points. Better stopping power, and most importantly, killing power.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I would say, Fishing line, my bush knife, and possible some needles. Other than that I would probably stuff my pockets with as much cotton and tobacco I could, then fill my hat with a sewing kit, triangular wraps, and some asprin.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join