It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP to start drilling off Libyan coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

BP to start drilling off Libyan coast

www.independent.co.uk

The tortuous saga of BP, the Gulf of Mexico, the Lockerbie bombing and an America which feels itself badly wronged took another turn yesterday when it emerged that the oil company is about to start drilling at an even greater depth in, of all places, Libyan waters
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-3-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Small reminder

BP’s Libya deal may hit £25bn

BP could spend as much as $25 billion (£12.5 billion) developing oil and gasfields in Libya after clinching a deal last week to return to the country after more than 30 years.

business.timesonline.co.uk...
Oil involved in this war? No..... I don't believe it.

Is it just me or does it seem there is an ulterior motive for the attack on Libya?

Free the people is the rhetoric take their oil is their dance. At least we know why this war is raging.

What else can I say. I hope that we all see the transparency of world events.

And, as that information was being absorbed, there came an announcement that Jack Straw, the former justice secretary, had declined an invitation to attend the upcoming US Senate hearing into possible links between BP and the release last August of Abdelbaset al-Megrahi, who was convicted of the murder of 259 passengers on Pan Am Flight 103, and 11 Lockerbie residents. Megrahi, who was diagnosed with cancer, was put on a plane back to Tripoli after doctors said he had only three months to live.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

What a "strange coincidence" eh ?

Nice timing by BP as usual, WTG BP, Your the best !
(Obvious Sacasm)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
What Oil ?
It's about justice, humanity , protecting the civilians ,love ..which our western goverments always stand for .

Buahahhahahahha ..i laugh on my post for first time

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I wonder what Tony Blair got in the way of commission for paving the way for that little deal?

I seriously hope any new Libyan government that is formed calls foul and nullifies all deals done by the previous leader!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Small reminder

BP’s Libya deal may hit £25bn

BP could spend as much as $25 billion (£12.5 billion) developing oil and gasfields in Libya after clinching a deal last week to return to the country after more than 30 years.

business.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Two questions,

First, how does helping the rebels help BP?

The west’s’ response, if it’s doing anything, is prolonging the turmoil placing all economic activity in the region into limbo. Had they done nothing Gaddafi may have already been in control by now and the oil situation could be back to its pre-revolution state, western access to oil would be back to normal and the corporations wouldn’t be losing out as they currently are. It’s not as if Gaddafi was blocking western access to Libyan oil, trade was going quite well until this all kicked off.

Second, don’t we all depend on oil? Isn’t it a little hypocritical to be damning our countries’ attempts to secure oil supplies when we benefit so much from them doing so?

edit on 21-3-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thread moved due to article date of July 2010

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
makes you wonder who really started the uprisings in the first place. get a nice little civil war going then march in and grab the oil.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, well, well... moving in so soon are we? Figures. You know i said it in another thread, but i'll say it again. This whole thing is starting to stink to high heavens. It really didn't make any sense that Gaddafi would release a million weapons - Now you know why. I'd probably release that and then some if BP was eye'in my oil too. Greedy bastards.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Originunknown & WdBASH,

The article is from 2010, the west already had the oil. How does what is going on now help the west or BP?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What an audacious move by BP, really rubbing that false flag in your face. Invasion under a humanitarian flag is quite a stunt and up there with 9/11. At the moment is seams to be working for those plugged into the MSM, but a lot of cracks are already opening as some hard lessons have already be learnt. So lets start with the oil situation.

The 8th of March 2011 was a big day. The US put an embargo on Libyan oil trade www.cnbc.com... with Iran ending its oil trade in USD www.plattsenergyweektv.com... . I am pretty sure that China, Russia and a couple of others have already dropped the USD for some of their trade oil. There are quite a few rumours that Saudi Arabia and a few other oil trading nations will jump on this band wagon to put an end to the OPEC petrodollar domination of the money markets and end Americas unrestricted money printing press. The international economy is another thread but it does look like America will have to start doing some accounting soon to help stabilise the global economy.

reply to post by Mike_A

A strong media blackout of Libya has made it hard to understand the situation, I do have the understanding that the rebels have more international than local backing. With 1 million guns recently handed out it clearly shows where the public support really is. This revolution would help western oil in the same way as Iraq.

It is this depending on oil where the real problem is. For the national interest it is important that we get off this addiction. There is the technology available:

www.project.nsearch.com...
pesn.com...
Also quite a lot of rumours that the US Navy and others have working cold fusion and other free energy devices.

It won't all happen over night and there will still be demand for oil for a long time to come, but it is critical that a conceded effort is made to start the introduction and roll out of this and similar technology. I know it is not going to be easy to get the energy companies to look past their profits, especially if this technology if off the grid and they cannot put a meter on it. Alternatively, we can keep on fighting each other until the last drop of oil is gone and then try and make the switch, if it is not too late.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

Did you note the point about the article being from 2010, BP hasn't just leaped on the unrest, this is based on a contract from (IIRC 2007).

Anyway I'm making a new thread asking about what this has to do with so I'll respond there if you repost.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Ghadaffi would be doing the World a favor if he bombed the BP rig on his way out.

The ultimate justice for another illegal war AND the destroyed Gulf in the US.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
**FACEPALM...** when will americans learn that their governments are complete twats. same with everywhere eles but its so blindingly obvious in america..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
way to go BP..you really know how to make a fast and semi discreet entrance, while steppping on everyones toes hugh? bombing war going on in libya, and just like that overnight..BP ammoco moves on to drill for $$$. how pathetic and greedy.
it ell eveeryon to never use BP gas. all yuo gotta remember is Horizon. whenever you seea quickstar pr ammoco gas station.
how was BP allowd to drill near Libya as a war and politics is goin on? yuode think their would be sanctions or non allowable drilling to happen. plus with ghaddaffi saying no oil for the west...did ghaddaffi make previous recent contracts with BP and holding up his end? or did BP simply just move in without anyones consent? or is it looked at, as international waters where the scumbag environemnt , helping to contaminate and promote carrcinogens nad cancer in our water?
its kinda like the oil wells in Iraq. exxonmobil and otehrs where so anxious to get their hands on the wells, and it isnt even thiers. i belive IRaq sold the contracts to russia instead. our techno nintendo military invades chases a ghost, and corporate america is right behind em, using the military as support, ot get ahold of legaly isnt theirs at all..its called confescation*
what did htey call it during the civil war? contraband* lol or todays phrase the spoils of war* which in tthis case is theft and profotiable

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
nice now we can ruin the mediterranean too. money and blood isn't enough for these scumbags there's something more too it. taking our lives away slowly is priceless to these #s.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
**Important: This article is from 2010**

Unless someone can provide an article within the last month or so that says Gadhafi kicked BP out or some other development I don't see how you can make a correlation between this article and the current military objective in Libya.

Doesn't mean it's not about oil....but it doesn't mean it has anything to do with BP either.

Am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Neo-colonialist, capitalist pigs are about to steal the natural resources of Libya...and guess what? You get to pay for it with your tax dollars. Just like Iraqistan, you get to pay for it and send your children off as cannon fodder. Then these corporate scumbags will charge you big money for the final product. You are all slaves to the multinational corporations. Wake the hell up!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Not that I don't think you are on to something (because I do), however, this is an old article from June of 2009. But it does prove that they have an interest there. And Ghadafi did say last week in so many words (or perhaps even exactly!), "Screw the West. They'll not get any more of his oil! Time to sink that ship!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join