It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumbling noise being heard around the world...report here...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

I wonder if mamma Earth has had enough and is getting ready to come out of her shell and give us a bit of a spanking?

I really don't know, but I do know this is wierd, even more so because I am hearing it with my own ears and it isn't something I have to take someone else's word for.

I bet it is never adressed in any type of media report, one that will garner any due attention anyway,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
You can put your rumbling sound reports on the compass off map if you like. Use a pushpin instead of a balloon. If you have a list of them, have at it. Map is here.

We get the same rumbling sound in northern Michigan way, way, way off the beaten track where I shoot This Old Shack. The sound lasts for hours but in my case, I have indeed tracked it down to the source. I hate it when I can't shoot video.

In our area the noise comes from - get this - large diesel engines that pump water into the shale deposits (Antrim Shale deposit) to extract the natural gas and oil, in some cases several miles away. They've been doing it for years.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I normally do not post but as of last week we have experienced this twice. I live up near Gettysburg, Pa and have never experienced this before. I made some calls to family out of concern that this was an earthquake, but was not.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
listening to it i imagine a very tight tunnel with a lot of water squeezing through and gasses gulping back. fracking?
edit on 21-3-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Visiting ESB

I get a rumbling noise in my head nowadays! Fault lines in my brain perhaps!! Now, whom do I report to??

edit on 21-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm not 100% but it could be the Lord getting ready to take his saints home.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I didn't realize that this "phenomenon," whatever you want to call it, was so widespread. Reading all these posts and seeing other threads about the same thing occurring in widely separated locations has me wondering though.

I know that what I experienced was definitely out of the ordinary, and I have no explanation for it. To see that others are experiencing the same type of thing, it's a bit difficult to make sense of. Could it be atmospheric? Like thunder in the absence of clouds? Maybe caused by fluctuations in the magnetosphere, ions interacting, something along those lines? I am not well educated in this field, perhaps someone that is could pose a more sensible explanation...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Posted this earlier in the Florida thread, hadn't seen this one. Just copied post below.

"OK, I am kinda freaked out now.

I'm living in IRELAND and just expierenced a very similar event last night(20th March).

I was in bedroom last night and thought I heard a plane. Nothing new in that. The only thing is five minutes later I could still hear it. Got out of bed and stuck my head out the window. First off there was a pretty weird sky. Pretty cloudy but the moon was bright enough that it was shining through it. There was some orange light in parts of the sky too. Now I would usually put a lot of this down to light pollution but there was some straight ahead of me that there would be no light pollution possible which was really annoying trying to figure out what was causing it.

The sound was much louder when I stuck my head out the window. Couldn't see anything in the sky which is where the sound was coming from but it was very hard to pinpoint. Usually you would dismiss it as plane but it just kept going. The whole thing lasted approx. 20mins maybe 30. I wasn't sure how long I was listening to it before getting outta bed. I know it finished at 11.55pm.

There is only two explnations I have for this and thats why I am kinda fraked out.

1. This was some huge craft passing overhead.

2. It was so wierd it was like sound was broke, or not working right. ( I know that don't make much sense but thats what it was like)

I didn't record this simply because I knew if I went to get something to tape it , it would have stopped when I came back and I didn't wanna take my eyes off the sky. "

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I heard it as well.
We (my family and me) were traveling home from vacation and stopped in Summerville, Va or maybe west Va (by Beckley) for something to eat. When we got out of the van you could hear what sounded like a strong wind on a microphone but there was no wind.
I mentioned it to a local guy looked to be in his sixties and he said" I don't know what the noise is never heard it before and have lived here my whole life. But let me tell you the earth is pissed off and is sick of us." Told us to have a nice day and walked away.
You could even hear it in the Arby's. I heard a few people mention it in Arby's as well
So we took our food and got back on the road as fast as we could. I was expecting to hear of an earthquake around there by the time I got home.
The weird thing is you could not tell where the noise was coming from. There was no direction like the sky or ground it was just there.

p.s. it was Saturday March 19 around 12pm
edit on 21-3-2011 by PLUMBER1 because: time and date added

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893

Yea, right.

Can we PLEASE leave SILLY RELIGION OUT OF THIS THREAD!!!

Or maybe its Horus, or Chrishna, or Mythra, or Buddha coming to get THEIR saints to bring home.

Which one is it?

Folks and their silly Lord 2nd coming nonsense TAINTING another good thread.

SIGH

edit on 21-3-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by kitkatcat

I also thought i heard engine sounds at night. Sound wouldn't leave. I use it as an excuse to go smoke a cig. Dont see anything, but location hard to determine.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ag893

I would hope the lord would not be so creepy.

It reminds me of dreams i have had of a churning ball of fear and confusion in another dimension that could not be described, and thats the sound that accompanied it.
edit on 21-3-2011 by The Great Day because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I live very close to Heathrow Airport and we get many rumbles from there when the jets reverse their engines but as loud and rumbling as it sounds its nothing like I've heard in these vids, they sound like some sort of rhythmic pattern or some sort of tunnelling?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well, I live about 6 minuted from the Ohio River and I havent heard nor been awakened by any of these rumbeling sounds. So what gives? You would think that if this sound were as deep and massive as claimed, the story would be all over MSM...and I would have heard it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I have lived within a quarter mile of Robins Air Force Base (one of the nation's largest air force bases) for around 30 years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Every week, mainly on Wednsday, they roll out the B2 and other gigantic aircraft and do engine tests of some sort. These last all day and we've gotten use to them around here.

During the engine tests, they'll rev the engines up all the way for a few minutes, let them idle, and sometimes even takeoff and land repeatedly.

On a weekly basis for 30 years.

Robins is also bordered by a frequented set of train tracks, also a quarter mile or so from my home, and also in heavy use. 2 to 3 runs per day.

I've never heard ANYTHING like the video in Florida. One of the largest air force installations in the U.S., and i've never heard ANYTHING even close to the depth, length, and deci level displayed in the Florida audio.

do NOT accept these excuses from the debunkers. This sound isn't coming from jet aircraft, train tracks, or even thunderstorms.

very strange indeed.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
im in milwaukee...and we heard those noises yesterday...for about 30-45 minutes...just nonstop rumbles...like a fleet of large planes...or a tornado ... seriously whats going on...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread but thought it should also be added to this thread.

I heard it as well.
We (my family and me) were traveling home from vacation and stopped in Summerville, Va or maybe west Va (by Beckley) for something to eat. When we got out of the van you could hear what sounded like a strong wind on a microphone but there was no wind.
I mentioned it to a local guy looked to be in his sixties and he said" I don't know what the noise is never heard it before and have lived here my whole life. But let me tell you the earth is pissed off and is sick of us." Told us to have a nice day and walked away.
You could even hear it in the Arby's. I heard a few people mention it in Arby's as well
So we took our food and got back on the road as fast as we could. I was expecting to hear of an earthquake around there by the time I got home.
The weird thing is you could not tell where the noise was coming from. There was no direction like the sky or ground it was just there.

p.s. it was Saturday March 19 around 12pm

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I have read more than a few UFO observances that have been reported as preceded by/accompanied with/proceeded by prolonged omni-directional diesel-engine throbbing/rumbling or pulsed roaring etc. Sounds that are 'felt' in the body/environment.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, I'd put $10 on the table that it was HAARP. EM pulses in a steady sequence making the magnetosphere vibrate like a diaphram, the effect 'bouncing' through the atmosphere bending/shaping/directing a strong jet stream like current flow. Why? To help Japan move their contaminated air out to the northern sea to buy them time. Would be interesting to get their weather reports to confirm, or just watch the news for the next few days and see if it gets better.

Just a theory...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MelvinTheMad
reply to post by kylioneXsushi

It's possible what you are hearing is just the soft purr of the electrical grid in the city, which can be heard if there is not a lot of street traffic.

All the same, if it keeps up record it and post it up - the more stuff we can compare and contrast, the better.

This occurred to me. Which is why I had my girlfriend come listen. I am not a city girl, I am regrettably from a rural area (though I am nothing like a country person). And she said that she hadn't heard it. I also noticed what felt like a vibration under my feat. Not like a earthquake shaking....It's hard to explain.

I am not saying "Arg this is what it was!" because I honestly don't know. It could be the power grid and our ears are just picking it up now that we are actively listening for it.

To be sure, my GF has family outside of the city in the open land. We'll ask if they heard anything.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join