It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else starting to believe in this 2012 stuff?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Haha yeah I know, don't worry I'm not gonna go out and buy a bunker for 2012, I don't really believe that the arbitrary year of 2012 will be our demise, but stuff just seems to be happening more and more often.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by loagun

Dead on, couldnt said it better myself. Amazing times ahead indeed, no point in being worried about it. Just let things unfold

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

The interesting part of 2012 is watching how people easily fall prey to these ideas which are often demonstrably false.

It's possible to show that there are no new planets that can exist that enter the orbits of the known planets.
It's possible to show that pole shifts do not occur. I am using the term as used by Hancock and Hapgood and not by run of the mill people that misuse the term.
It's possible to show that magnetic reversals are not related to extinction events.

Despite this there is the constant moaning and groaning about these events.

Another interesting aspect is to watch how easily people are confused about events. Take the issue of natural disasters being more frequent. Is it happening or is it human nature to get confused about things like frequency. it is the latter unless you are discussing floods. Floods are more common because of human activity.

Here is a test for you if you are interested in floods. Which of the following countries has NOT been involved in a devastating flood in the last 10 years: China, Burma, Brazil, Mexico, US, Nepal, Germany, Romania, Sudan, Ghana, Mozambique, Venezuela?

OK. I have to be fair here. I made up the list off the top of my head and am guessing that floods are so common that all of the countries had devastating floods. I am fairly certain that most of these countries suffered terrible floods in the last 10 years.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Well , I don't agree with the idea that about 2012 , although the climate is strange sometimes , it's just nature , anyway , I don't believe it , and , I really don't want that come to truth .

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've just been looking at some of the replies and comments on various things and I really think that a lot of people are starting to believe.
I mean I notice comments like it probably won't happen or its not likely. Strange 2 or 3 weeks ago those same people were like 2012 is just another year.
Hilarious.

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
I've just been looking at some of the replies and comments on various things and I really think that a lot of people are starting to believe.
I mean I notice comments like it probably won't happen or its not likely. Strange 2 or 3 weeks ago those same people were like 2012 is just another year.
Hilarious.

They still fail at presenting any objective backing up their claims...and I'm saying "their" claims because the Mayans often made no such claims

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by packinupngoin
Hilarious.

They still fail at presenting any objective backing up their claims...and I'm saying "their" claims because the Mayans often made no such claims

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

Sampling is one of the hardest things to get right. There are all sorts of problems with it. The question is what you want answered. If you want to know if there is a difference of opinion in posters at ATS, then you can read the threads. If you want to know if there is a difference of people at ATS, then you have a bit of a problem since there are plenty of readers that do not post. A similar problem happened in 1928 when over a million of people were polled for the presidential election. The results were completely wrong. Polls for Truman decades later were also wrong although only a mere 50 or 60 thousand were polled. Today polling is much more sophisticated and more likely to be correct.

Are more people going one way or the other? It's not easy to tell.

My guess is that despite more predictions turning out to be false there is not going to be much change.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
i consider myself pretty open minded and as i have got older, come to realize that not everything is black and white sometimes we have to read between the lines (with sense) and kinda look past what every one else believes or say,s, thats there interpratation. I have read, watched and thought even dreamt a lot about 2012 and in the begining I was even a little paranoid to the point where i even thought, "what is it gonna be? 30ft aliens, earthquakes, God, or US.or just another bloody way for people to make money, probably not the latter. Now I watch and listen, and I am teaching myself to listen to MY innner thoughts and what my gut is telling me. Im not collage educated, you can tell by the spelling, or versed in any kind of ancient history or prophecys just what i have read myself, but we all have the Gutt instinct and we can all tune into that, just trust yourselves and your inner thoughts, try not to let what everyone else is telling you influance your thoughts, kinda like going to Church and having the vicor say something about a Chapter in the bible, he may interprate it as sending a certain message you however may get a totally diffrent one, the message you get is the one you should listen to.
(wish I had listened to mine a bit more when I married my first hubby haha) lighten up everyone my Gutt tells me I am gonna be just fine whatever happens.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join