It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone else starting to believe in this 2012 stuff?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have to admit that I was a 2012 skeptic (although not totally disregarding the idea) up until recently. But I'm starting to harken back to the 2012 film (as silly as that sounds) which partically described the lead up to the events that happened in 2012. Earthquakes; massive unrest in the middle east and rioting in Europe due to economic conditions.

With the 9.0 magnitude earthquake in Japan; the Christchurch earthquakes; and Haiti disaster that immediately come to mind; I just want to reach out to other ATS members and see if people who would formerly describe themselves as ATS skeptics regarding 2012 and see if they are beginning to "come to the other side". I think even the Comet Elinen situation could be somewhat worrying (especially since it has provided at least a somewhat stable basis for a 2012 collision that I never saw with the Niburu theory).

But I just keep coming back to that movie and the scenes in the lead up to the 2012 situation. It's disturbing how close we are to that plot and it really is starting to cause me pause. Maybe the whole world isn't going to end via some massive rather implausible pole shift; but I think we are headed for a serious issue in 2012. Does anyone have any theories on what it may be?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I hate to say it , but I am starting to feel like there is going to be a massive shift coming on. maybe not like the Noah flood that seems to be theme of 2012, but some real natural upsets. It seems were are in a period of instability on the planet. Maybe next year will be the peak and all will begin to calm I am hoping.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
2012 is not going to happen. What you think is 2012 is really just the last days Jesus spoke about in the revelations. If you don't have a personal relationship with him, i'd suggest you establish one now. Things are getting pretty rowdy nowadays. We don't have much time left. Ask for forgiveness for your sins and pray more than you ever have.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
So you think that there is a specific future date which will bring about destructive natural disasters and send a wave of "change" that will affect every human being? Our solar system is located in an outer arm of an ordinary galaxy, our planet might harbor life, but only when the sun allows it. In about 1 billion years most life will be gone.

Our sun is 1 insignificant star out of 200-400 billion in our galaxy.

So again what do you think makes us so special that there is a SPECIFIC date where everything will just happen to change?

I used to be a believer in 2012

But that was before I did some research and educated myself.

I don't think that earthquakes happening in areas which are susceptible to earthquakes is a sign of anything.
edit on 3/19/2011 by muse7 because:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
2013: Me: Message from the future, the sun is hot and the beer still tastes the same.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

as long as the beer is good!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I don't discount the idea, but I'm not too worried about it. There will always be earthquakes and tsunamis. The only reason we start to notice these things is because of population density. That and because of our interconnected society. Two hundred years ago, if there was a massive quake and tsunami in Japan, people in America wouldn't even find out about it. The turmoil in the Middle East always has been, and always will be at the proverbial tipping point. It was during the crusades, and it is to this day. Islam is not a religion of peace, the same as can be said for Christianity and anything else. But Islamic leaders seem to be more radical about forcing their beliefs on the people. If everyone could just learn to live and let live, the world would be a lot better.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   
2012 is a number.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Hmm...I think I'm gonna have to watch the movie again and pay attention to what you're saying

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
No worries - all the worries in the world won't help you, they'll just give you wrinkles.

All we can do is try and live the best lives we can.

People have been freaking about the end of the world forever. These negative thoughts take away from your quality of life. And we can't do anything about it, so don't worry.

Just carry on.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think 2012 has been misinterpreted and, by a few people more concerned with making a buck, misrepresented. I believe the galactic alignment is a bigger story than the supposed Mayan Doomsday, which is nothing but the end of one cycle and the beginning of another.

Now I do believe there are Earth changes in store. I just don't think it's going to all come to a head on one single day. I see it happening more gradually.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dude69

2012 comes on almost everyday on dtv.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zcflint05

Well the way I see it, I'm living on borrowed time anyway.
On top of that, none of us can take life too seriously....
We'll never get out of it alive.

See you at the Intergalactic Keg Party.

I'll be the one wearing the long lost Mayan/Aztec Calender Necklace, a sword in one hand, and .......
The word in the other.
At that point,everything except dissent will be welcome.
Just remember, your money is no good here, and drinks are forever on the house.
Think about that before you risk entry into my domain.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
These events have always happened, BUT, it's the frequency that theyr'e happening which is changing.
Events are being compressed closer and closer.
If you tie this in with timewave zero theory, which also ends in 2012, it makes sense.
The timewave model suggests time and conciousness are somehow linked, and both are cyclical, but as each cycle passes it repeats quicker, imagine a spiral. The centre of the spiral is where it zero's out, or 2012.
With each lap of the spiral, events compress and happen more quickly.
Since the start of the year i recall the following:
Revolution in the middle east, and ongoing.
Australian floods.
South american mudslides.
New Zealand quake.
Japan quake/tsunami/nuclear disaster.
Wer'e only two and a half months in!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
2012 will be a beautiful time period for those who know god.
SECOND LINE
edit on 19-3-2011 by Jazzscapez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzscapez

Do you know god?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
i wasn't a believer in 2012, and then last fall i started researching it and giving it a serious look, then i kinda became a believer, and now i have a new perception.

i'm sure most ATS members are familiar with the Mayan interpretation of 2012 being that the " Earth and its inhabitants may undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation" and will move into another cycle where the human race will be enlightened. however this is a New Age interpretation as is stated on the Mayan 2012 Wikipedia page.

The New Age movement is a non-religious Western spiritual movement that developed in the latter half of the 20th century.

the origins of the movement can be found in the 18th and 19th centuries, particularly through the works of the esotericists, and would gain further momentum in the 1960s.

en.wikipedia.org...

The term esoteric first appeared in English in the 1701 History of Philosophy by Thomas Stanley, in his description of the mystery-school of Pythagoras; the Pythagoreans were divided into "exoteric" (under training), and "esoteric" (admitted into the "inner" circle).

en.wikipedia.org...

hmm 'inner circle' meaning something like 'Illuminati', "Freemason', or any other term for the 'elite'?... anyhow... what is being said about 2012 by our worlds elite, and well known scholars is that the Mayans said everything is going to be a okay. hmnmm just like NASA says on their official page here

Nothing bad will happen to the Earth in 2012. Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012.

ummm hi NASA, yes little me here
4 billion years? did you forget about all the officially documented world catastrophes, abrupt weather changes, mass extinctions, giant impact craters, etc...? yes you forgot that, it's okay, simple mistake, you can recap these events in any grade 2 elementary school book

oh but wait, NASA also says this on their official website, okay now i am confused...

This week researchers announced that a storm is coming--the most intense solar maximum in fifty years. The prediction comes from a team led by Mausumi Dikpati of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

and it would of course be the 'most intense' solar maximum in fifty years according to NASA because they only started looking into the whole solar flare/storm idea after Explorer 1 was launched in 1957; also meaning any intense solar flares could potentially be the 'worst' since history, i mean NASAs public records only go back 50 years. ummm, yeah, whatever....anyhow....

When the belt is turning "fast," it means that lots of magnetic fields are being swept up, and that a future sunspot cycle is going to be intense. This is a basis for forecasting: "The belt was turning fast in 1986-1996," says Hathaway. "Old magnetic fields swept up then should re-appear as big sunspots in 2010-2011." Like most experts in the field, Hathaway has confidence in the conveyor belt model and agrees with Dikpati that the next solar maximum should be a doozy. But he disagrees with one point. Dikpati's forecast puts Solar Max at 2012. Hathaway believes it will arrive sooner, in 2010 or 2011. "History shows that big sunspot cycles 'ramp up' faster than small ones," he says. "I expect to see the first sunspots of the next cycle appear in late 2006 or 2007—and Solar Max to be underway by 2010 or 2011." Who's right? Time will tell. Either way, a storm is coming.

NASA - Solar Storm Warning

and yes, anyone with eye sight can clearly watch these solar storms on NASAs SOHO page, and see that they are not 'normal' just like they reported they would be.

anyhow enough about the crap NASA flings out there. i think most people know to take anything they say with a grain of salt. going back to my new interpretation about whats coming.. i believe what we have been told about December 21 2012 being the beginning of a new age, and the world not ending on that date, because it will actually be the date that all these 'catastrophes' we are are starting to see, that are only going to intensify between now and then, stop. it's all starting now. December 21 2012 will be when the comet/planet 'x'/Nibiru/Brown star/binary sun or whatever else it's being called these days is once again out of harm for the Earth.

here's a good video you should watch, and also check out the rest of this channel. some very good info on whats to come, and it's all referenced to actual official sources.... have fun....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Given that none of the 2012 theories have any scientific evidence as backup, I most certainly don't believe in that hogwash

Yes, there's been an earthquake...but if you look at historic records, you realize it's happened before. Last time Japan got hit by a Tsunami like this, the wave was even bigger at 33m. And there's been civil unrest before as well.

I challenge anyone who believes in 2012 to present objective, scientific evidence to back up those silly claims.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I do feel something amazing might happen. I think things might get worse before they get better, but hopefully wonderful things will happen then.
We'll see.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Given that none of the 2012 theories have any scientific evidence as backup, I most certainly don't believe in that hogwash

Yes, there's been an earthquake...but if you look at historic records, you realize it's happened before. Last time Japan got hit by a Tsunami like this, the wave was even bigger at 33m. And there's been civil unrest before as well.

I challenge anyone who believes in 2012 to present objective, scientific evidence to back up those silly claims.

did you read my post???????? no? thnx for your 'input'....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join