It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis found - world disaster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Dont prophecies speak of Atlantis or an acient city being rediscovered??

Atlantis Found Under Spain[/codeAtlantis Found]

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

Edgar Cayce predicted this I think...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Watched a special on Nat Geo about this tonight; and by watched I mean I slept through it.

News yesterday; Nat Geo special today?

Nat Geo TV is on top of things.

Also; watched a Nat Geo show on Japan quake/ Mega Quakes in Cascadia and New Madrid Zones.

Strange/Warnings? I think so...

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by strawberry91

Edgar Cayce was a badass, only if he was around today...

I'm still curious to what they might have found.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
www.businessinsider.com...

The only actual picture I could find, it doesn't really tell much though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Maby this will lead to us finding out our real history.

Doubt it....but who knows.
I dont get the connection your trying to make with the two though.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I watched the Nat Geo presentation tonight.
Nothing conclusive was found, it was actually a little boring.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fltcui

Didn't they claim that the "rings" were proof? I remember seeing the land while I repositioned myself during my nap. It was very interesting. Couldn't all evidence have beendestroyed when the City was destroyed? Tsunami? Nuclear Explosion?

Of all the possible locations for Atlantis; I think Spain is the most likely place for the City to have been.

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
There is no welcome sign "welcome to alantis" cities are really all over the grids lots under water as well, there collasped cities for reasons of long ago, I think Alantis was the name of the local inn that served cheap liqure and loose waitress that stirred the imagination of novel selling tales, the early basics of hollywood

posted on Mar, 13 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Other than some circles, why does anyone connect this with Atlantis?

The article does not provide an age for the site. It does not discuss the size of the site. It does not discuss artifacts that identify the culture that built the site. It's all rather vague.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
That's a nice painting of Atlantis but it hardly fits the site being excavated. The caption for the painting is:

An artist's conception shows the city of Atlantis as it has been envisioned in legend.

While the article states

... believed swamped by a tsunami thousands of years ago, in mud flats in southern Spain.

The painting of a city on a hill hardly fits the site being investigated.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Is it strange that this concept design eerily looks along the same lines of the design of certain structures in Washington DC?

...............jus' sayin.....

edit on 15-3-2011 by Jazzscapez because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The look of the painting makes me think it might be one of the anachronistic paintings from Europe in which the painter projects their utopian thoughts of the classical world onto a place. It looks like Roman and Greek architecture in a city that predates the Romans by a long period of time.

It reminds me of the paintings showing scenes from the Bible in which the people are dressed in Medieval clothing.

I know very little about art so I hope someone can enlighten us about the origin of the painting.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hello all seems like no one has been in here in a while but ill post this recently discovery in hopes of someone seeing it for i cannot make threads yet.

They think they found atlantis off of spain March 2011 heres the link
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Sorry just read back through and saw someone already posted this link sorry
edit on 23-3-2011 by AmerikanDekline because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by maluminse

And I thought it was Antartica!

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzscapez

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
www.msnbc.msn.com...

Is it strange that this concept design eerily looks along the same lines of the design of certain structures in Washington DC?

...............jus' sayin.....

edit on 15-3-2011 by Jazzscapez because: (no reason given)

it looks like Babylon.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/84c2fc7a4b48.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I emailed the Hartford University professor about that Nat Geo show but there is no response. In the show they mentioned that they still the permission to dig there so we won't know for a while of what the remnants of Atlantis looked like. They also said that Atlantis had another name and it started with a T.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I also heard it was Antarctica. Supposedly Antarctica was in a warm climate before the last pole shift. But then Plato did say it was destroyed by brimstones, which sounds like meteorites, and it sank below the sea. Which implies rising sea level.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"Atlantis" has never been proven to be anything more than just a story made up by Plato. Not even by Plato himself. There are no other records or references to such a place having existed outside of Plato's story..
While I highly doubt Atlantis to every have existed I do believe that there are innumerable lost and forgotten cities and civilizations hidden beneath the seas and sands. This is an interesting find to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join