It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan ground cracking open and moving.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
This is called "liquifaction" and is normal during earthquakes. Google it yourselves for more info

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Having a degree in geology one of my concerns is just how low lying the island of Japan is compared to sea level, especially where most cities and infastructure are-
and exactly what those subduction plates in regard to the land is doing

Thus there may be many things "common" to earthquakes going on here, but- due to the specific make up of the island, common could have dangerous results

More to look into

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
This is called "liquifaction" and is normal during earthquakes. Google it yourselves for more info

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Thanks for that information.

I only think if this is happening on the mainland it would not be worrying, but when this happens on a island i would be worried.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I didn't see an immediate answer to this, but this would probably fall under the category of 'Soil liquefaction.'

"Soil liquefaction describes a phenomenon whereby a saturated soil substantially loses strength and stiffness in response to an applied stress, usually earthquake shaking or other sudden change in stress condition, causing it to behave like a liquid."

This video really sent chills up my back though. Good post.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
I didn't see an immediate answer to this, but this would probably fall under the category of 'Soil liquefaction.'

"Soil liquefaction describes a phenomenon whereby a saturated soil substantially loses strength and stiffness in response to an applied stress, usually earthquake shaking or other sudden change in stress condition, causing it to behave like a liquid."

This video really sent chills up my back though. Good post.

Id guess the parks going to get a very large water bill and a visit from the local plumber to fix all those busted water pipes. If you notice its a green park meaning the grass is watered so using logic probably have a sprinkler system like most golf courses.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow! This is so interesting I've never seen anything like this before in my life.
Interesting but very scary, thinking the earth could just move and crack like that in a matter of hours is quite scary.
I agree with other people on this thread, get the hell out of there!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Unfortunately or not,it is part of the Human condition to be curious of the unusual.
I believe i would have acted exactly the same way,rightly or wrongly.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This reminds me of a huge earthquake around 1990 in CA, i think it was sacremento. thiers apic i once saw of it. a gas station was across the street. the earthquake as so hufe, the gas station moved many feet down the street! gunna google for the pic if its still around it wa on the fault line* and shifted somrthing like 40 feet!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think the guy who made that video is overreacting. He needs to calm down.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is like a Hollywood CGI effect in a sci- fi disaster movie but frighteningly and incredibly it's all too real for the people of Japan

If I lived there I would probably be looking to move away for a week or so until things settle down but some folk will be trapped there as they won't have the finances to leave even for a short spell which is a real shame given the emergency nature and gravity of their plight.

God be with all of Japan at this dark time in their history.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
How creepy is that! kind of reminds me of the movie "war of the worlds" when the first tripod starts to break through the ground causing it to float and twist lol

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The creepiest thing about that video was how calm the cameraman was... Here's another crack... Here's a new lake...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
that is liquefaction and it does occur during earthquakes. however that is not normal that is a Large amount of water coming up very quickly.

maybe broken pipes helped. but that sidewalk was floating.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Holy ****!

Japan is just a couple of islands and could very well go under...I have a very bad feeling about this one.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
magnitude quake shifted the planet on its axis by nearly 4 inches (10 centimeters). not ten feet.............

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yeah, I bet you would overreact if you were Japanese. Easy for you to calm down when you're at the other side of the world. Pathetic...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Interesting guy. I wonder what it would actually take to get him excited?

Very impressive.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gab1159
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Yeah, I bet you would overreact if you were Japanese. Easy for you to calm down when you're at the other side of the world. Pathetic...

I can't believe how calm he was. I was being ironic. I thought it was obvious.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
That truly is an amazing video.
Its going down folks! Japan will sink into the ocean.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That land looks like its going to sink below sea level...Im not an expert so I cant really say...its just ...crazy

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join