It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA - Do as you are told!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Okay, I don't want to be one of those folk who think that the government are against us in some sort of ridiculous degree but Obama just gave a speech where he said that FEMA is up and operational and if you are told to move to "Do as you are told".

Seems pretty weird to me that the head of the USA would consider saying that to the entire populous without specifying those closest to the Western border of the Pacific rim. Perhaps I'm hanging around ATS too much but it seems a bit like a sort of a bark to me.

I'm not saying that the big O is good or bad - just that FEMA is up and running and if you are told to go then go makes me think that perhaps these 'camps' were planned ahead of time for some reason.

As always I'd expect a link to substantiate this and so will provide one as soon as it comes and will update this thread with is and remove this paragraph. This interview is still ongoing during the extensive talk about Libya so will be updated.

So far: look at this link this link and go to 00:03:41 to read it.

The UK telegraph backing up this statement

Politico44 has it stated as: ""If people are told evacuate, do as you are told," he says. (12:33 p.m.)

If you can help it never trust David Shukman as he is obviously a propaganda rat. So ignorant and opinionated - he should join the UFO believer pact!

A bundo of self proclaimed lunatics saying they won't do what they are told.
edit on 11/3/2011 by m0r1arty because: Adding more stuff!

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
lmao

well Obama don't listen to us so
why should we listen to him ???

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I will "do as I am told", if and only if
I feel that is right thing to do for myself and family.
edit on 11-3-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Jeeezus.....

How many times has there been a warning of a Tornado, Hurricane, Tsuanmi, you name it and people are asked and then warned to get out of the area, there's one idiot who doesn't listen and ends up dead.

"do what you're told" means that. Nothing more, no big conspiracy, no big brother, nothing other than, listen to the warnings get out so that you're not injured or killed.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I am a FEMA 1st Responder...and we are always ready. Would America have it any other way? Just quit thinking we know great secrets ahead of everyone.

We do know some issues to prepare for, but they are not some secret agenda, and yes, some-things are better not discussed even here: for that very reason. Mass hysteria over nothing.

I cannot discuss Security issues either, but thats just good sense. Especially on-line. Buy me a cup of coffee and I'd discuss these things and preparations all day with about anybody.

We prepare, we train, we exercise again, again, again, again over various scenarios...and its not because we know something...Its because we are ready for EVERYTHING...and ANYTHING. How else whould you have us prepare to help you? We have families too you know!!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
I am a FEMA 1st Responder...and we are always ready. Would America have it any other way? Just quit thinking we know great secrets ahead of everyone.

We do know some issues to prepare for, but they are not some secret agenda, and yes, some-things are better not discussed even here: for that very reason. Mass hysteria over nothing.

I cannot discuss Security issues either, but thats just good sense. Especially on-line. Buy me a cup of coffee and I'd discuss these things and preparations all day with about anybody.

We prepare, we train, we exercise again, again, again, again over various scenarios...and its not because we know something...Its because we are ready for EVERYTHING...and ANYTHING. How else whould you have us prepare to help you? We have families too you know!!

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: 'cause

Alex Jones and Jesse Venture, made sure I would never trust FEMA. But if I am wrong, kudos for you for providing great work for your country in times of National Emergency.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Why is FEMA headed over to Japan to order them around?

Would we like it if Spains emergency management people came here and started ordering us around?

I sure as hell wouldnt.

Besides, we cant exactly afford this.

Every time somebody in the world gimps we have to buy them a crutch. Who's going to buy us a crutch?

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I do not mean to imply that I know more about any particular situation than FEMA or anyone else. It is just that I understand in emergency situations(been part of a few myself) that communication is sometimes a problem and things are not always communicated properly or correctly. That said, if I feel that what I am being told does not match with what I can witness for myself I am prepared to do what I need to do and take my own well being into my own hands.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I saw 1000's of people on the shore in San Diego this morning.

They were acting like it was an event.

Has it crossed anybody's mind, that if we really had a major tidal surge.

They would of all been dead. I guess the Sheeple do need to be told.

Sheesh...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

You too can be prepared and trained by Volunteering within your community with the following:
The Presidents Call to Action, Citizens Corp, CERT...and of them...they all have FEMA-HOMELAND SECURITY training and support. I belong to all and many others as well to help out my community and family I.C.E.

As a 1st Responder as well...we could use the help! Contact your areas EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT OFFICE, CERT, or any others you can find online.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty

I'm not saying that the big O is good or bad - just that FEMA is up and running and if you are told to go then go makes me think that perhaps these 'camps' were planned ahead of time for some reason.

Duh, just read this report that has been out for awhile.....again, DUH!!!

Halliburton’s subsidiary KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown and Root) announced on January 24, 2006 that it had been awarded a $385 million contingency contract by the Department of Homeland Security to build detention camps in the United States...... .....“The contract, which is effective immediately, provides for establishing temporary detention and processing capabilities to augment existing Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Detention and Removal Operations (DRO) Program facilities in the event of an emergency influx of immigrants into the U.S., or to support the rapid development of new programs...."

www.projectcensored.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
[Duh, just read this report that has been out for awhile.....again, DUH!!!

No. I don't recall immigrants beings mentioned in his speech. But feel free to bend actual reality into your own... I mean that's what nutters do isn't it?

-m0r

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I do not wish to encourage others to share my humble opinion, but after Katrina, I lost all confidence in DHS-FEMA and their competence to actually serve the public. Their paradigm is one of controlling a herd.

I'm sure that the people within the organization are not all part of the problem; but the approach I anticipate from the FEMA/DHS (MIC) combine is one of "From this moment on you have no rights; until we declare the emergency situation over."... guess what... that doesn't reckon with my sense of "how things are."

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Thank you for volunteering as a first responder! I applaud you and those others who give their time so generously to help others.
As for being ordered to move out on command I'm all for freedom for those who want to sit tight and perhaps die or possibly just prevent someone from looting their homes while their gone.
Many cannot leave for medical or other reasons and I think it's unfair to make people leave regardless of the risk to themselves. People should have the right to defend their homes. That's freedom - just don't expect anyone to come rescue your butt if you made a poor decision.
I'm all for helping the Japanese but what about all these people in the US northeast that have been flooded out - is the government going to help them? I'm sure many of them did not have flood insurance and they thought they were safe as they weren't required to buy flood insurance by the bank.
Unless your area has been declared a Disaster area government is not going to help and many people just get left out in the cold.
I hope I never get in the situation of FEMA ordering me to do anything.
I might be tempted to tell them where to go instead.

edit on 11-3-2011 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I would think it is the FEMA controllers that you should be angry at and not the actual responders, who attend scenes of emergency and are the ones you may rely on in an emergency.

Katrina was a mess, but surely this was due to lack of action from the decision makers as opposed to the rescue and search teams. Their response to the situation was a disgrace. I was visiting the U.S at the time and really could not believe the farce that was being acted out by the Bush administration. To see all those people suffering and deserted by their government made me feel ashamed and I'm from the U.K.

A sensible and level headed approach is required in the event of an emergency and if the people trying to co-ordinate the situation after such event is ignored, it not only endangers your own life, but possibly the life of others.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Jeeezus.....

How many times has there been a warning of a Tornado, Hurricane, Tsuanmi, you name it and people are asked and then warned to get out of the area, there's one idiot who doesn't listen and ends up dead.

"do what you're told" means that. Nothing more, no big conspiracy, no big brother, nothing other than, listen to the warnings get out so that you're not injured or killed.

Unless they're rounding up citizens and locking them into a big building or Fema Camps. Do as you told but also use some common sense.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

no one, you obviously don't need it.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

IF the quake in Japan has an effect on the Yellowstone Calderra (See this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... ) then Doing as you are told just might save your life, otherwise use your best judgement.

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
People who don't listen to evacuation orders are first and foremost stupid; When Hurricane Ike was barreling down on Galveston Island a news broadcast went out telling those who had previously refused to evacuate to take a black sharpie and write their social security number on their arm because they were quite likely to die and it would help in identifying the body. If I recall from the news after the fact there were plenty of people who stayed on the island who were never found, likely swept out to sea by the storm. A good portion of the people both on this forum and in general have never seen what actually happens in these kinds of disasters, however having worked for over 3 years now for a disaster services company I can safely say if FEMA tells you get out of dodge its not worth staying; evacuations cost so much they don't do them for the hell of it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join