It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
reply to post by Kailassa

Bi-sexuality? And that is healthy for a child to see? Bi-sexuality means that you will or have had sex with at least 2 people. Is it healthy for a child to see a revolving door of people who you are fooling around with? Probably not. And what causes the spread of STDs? Probably having sex with multiple partners right? Its pretty cut/dried that thats JUST as unhealthy as "Bigotry" based on a strict moral system. And yes, that "JUST" was definately sarcasm.

My entire post, to which you are replying, was:

If you are wanting a man on the side, it's not a fetish, it's bisexuality.

How do you get from that the notion that I am bisexual, or that I'm recommending bisexuality?

If I say to you, red spots behind the ears are indicative of German measles, does that mean I'm an advocate of everyone having German measles?

The rest of your assumptions make no sense either. Bisexuality means being attracted, sexually, to both males and females. It does not mean acting on that attraction.

A person may be a rampantly active bisexual, but not have children.

Even if a parent does act on the attraction, they may do it discretely, or end up with a second marriage.

I agree that the more partners people have, the more STDs end up in the community. However I've never been one to sleep around anyway. Having found myself on my own with handicapped children, and not trusting babysitters, I've devoted my life to supporting, teaching and caring for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by IronArm

I totally agree with the effect on your son, but that is an emotional effect. Nobody should be allowing their child to get attached and then have to say goodbye to multiple partners. That is not fair to the child. I don't think sex partners should be coming home with you until they become boyfriend/girlfriend status. Definitely no one night stands at the house.

Don't you know that, if you're not anti gay and anti-abortion, you're automatically a slut who will constantly parade perverted sexual behaviour in front of children?

C'mon, you gotta keep up here.

And please be considerate to the poor fellow you're arguing with. All his other arguments have been debunked, so where's he going to be if he can't prove we're all a bunch of perverted whores?

Everything's quite clear, except for one thing.
What's the silly bastard arguing for?

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I see that this thread has gone way into the deep end.
This thread should be closed. I havent read anything about this adoption or about the kid in a while!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Thanks for the sympathy.

Debunked? In your opinion sure, in my opinion, I still hold true to my morals.

That said, the previous post is correct. This has gotten too far off topic. Just like every other topic based around homosexuality.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by controldiction

reply to post by IronArm

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

We may have strayed to a tangential topic, but in my opinion the original topic was put to rest very quickly. The couple was not denied adoption rights "because they were Christian." They were denied because they are fanatical and hateful in their interpretation of their religion, and their behavior raised alarms for the people tasked with evaluating them, and those alarms were confirmed by a court.

So the OP is kind of a dead issue, but the overall topic of Homosexuals, Fanaticals, and Parenting has still made for a lively and interesting thread.

Perhaps we have strayed, even from that tangential topic, and moreso into the realm of what constitutes a homosexual, and that discussion should end? I'm sure there are other threads for that.

Most of the posts I have seen have had some strand of tie back to the general topics at hand, but lets keep in mind this is my opinion as a poster and not as a mod, LOL!

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dendro
Appearances can be deceiving. Statistics aren't swayed by religion and there are equal opportunities to be a terrible human being regardless of faith. You don't get a free pass to discriminate just because of your personal religion.
edit on 28-2-2011 by Dendro because: (no reason given)

True, there are equal opportunities to be a terrible person regardless of faith. In my mind, opinions and actions are quite different. If one really does think homosexuals are wrong for their lifestyle, regardless of religion, that's fine. I honestly don't care, but the actions are what's important.

I'd prefer if society simply talked more reasonably about what are, effectively, non-crimes. We could move on to bigger things after that's reached.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This isn't a hate filled comment just a personal opinion.

Homosexuality prevents the human species from developing any further so I find it irrational.

posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Sure, let the kids run outside and play... but if they start showing tendencies toward a particular orientation as a young child, the anti-gay foster parents would beat it out of him (or her). I don't mean literally, but the child would be forced into the parent's societal conditioning. Religion doesn't help. It suppresses, admonishes, and remains rigid over every natural and beautiful thing we have in life's experiences, making us feel guilty for feeling too much.

Love is the only way. Not someone else's dictation or dogma.

Remember the story of the little boy who liked to dress like Daphne from Scooby Doo for Halloween, or dress like a princess? Spirits are pure and have no gender. I commend the parent of that little boy for supporting her son for being his own person.

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

"In a landmark legal case, Eunice and Owen Johns argued that the rights of Christians are being ‘trumped’ by those of homosexuals..."

Don't like it so much when they get a taste of their own medicine do they?

posted on Mar, 5 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by PreownedMind

What a rediculous remark.

Look at the birth rates. Homosexuality isn't like Christianity, it doesn't beg for conversion.

posted on Mar, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Babies should have the right to have heterosexual parents, the human rights should cover this gray zone.

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

Unfortunately you are very correct

posted on Feb, 24 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenflt

Babies should have the right to have heterosexual parents, the human rights should cover this gray zone.

Babies should have the right to loving parents who want them. Who want to give them a loving home. Period.

There is no gray zone.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

"In a landmark legal case, Eunice and Owen Johns argued that the rights of Christians are being ‘trumped’ by those of homosexuals..."

lol. This is all intended. So Christians get riled up by the atheist/homosexual anti Christian persecutions and fall into fascism. That is why I find this so amusing, because during this age of fake tolerance almost every single gay person is telling the world that they are gay. So after the fascist's take over, everything that was done will be undone within a fortnight.

The minority is stupid when they begin to try and oppress the majority. Especially when the minority is an ultra minority, within a decade it will probably be a very serious crime to be gay in the UK.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The B&B is the couple's own property with their home inside it. It's not as if it's part of some large hotel chain. So, surely, the couple should be allowed to decide who they will or will not let into the B&B. Who is the High Court or anybody else to tell this couple who they should let into their own home?
edit on 26-2-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sicksicksick
The B&B is the couple's own property with their home inside it. It's not as if it's part of some large hotel chain. So, surely, the couple should be allowed to decide who they will or will not let into the B&B. Who is the High Court or anybody else to tell this couple who they should let into their own home?

There are discrimination laws.

You can refuse service for legitimate reasons. You can not refuse service because of race - gender - orientation - disability etc.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Another point is why do couples need to be Pro-Gay? Not everyone on the planet needs to be Pro-Gay.... entitlement of opinion is very much an entitlement as far as i know. They would only be teaching the child that Male and Female were meant to be together....

You don't have to be 'pro-gay' to foster children, you just can't be 'anti-gay' because that may be the orientation of the child and more harm than good might be done.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by lunarcrystal
Remember the story of the little boy who liked to dress like Daphne from Scooby Doo for Halloween, or dress like a princess? Spirits are pure and have no gender. I commend the parent of that little boy for supporting her son for being his own person.

Spirits may have no gender, but human beings do.

The parents of that little boy are idiots and they should be told to stop making their little boy thinking that he's something he isn't.

He's a little boy, not a little girl. Therefore he should be brought up as a little boy.

This left wing lunacy needs to stop.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by Garfee

lol. This is all intended. So Christians get riled up by the atheist/homosexual anti Christian persecutions and fall into fascism. That is why I find this so amusing, because during this age of fake tolerance almost every single gay person is telling the world that they are gay. So after the fascist's take over, everything that was done will be undone within a fortnight.

The minority is stupid when they begin to try and oppress the majority. Especially when the minority is an ultra minority, within a decade it will probably be a very serious crime to be gay in the UK.

Nah. Within a decade it'll be a crime to be heterosexual in the UK.
edit on 28-4-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by ravenflt

Babies should have the right to loving parents who want them. Who want to give them a loving home. Period.

There is no gray zone.

Babies should be given both a mother and a father, not two mothers or two fathers.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41 >>

join