It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexual

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Christian couple lose their High Court battle to foster children because they are against homosexuality

www.dailymail.co.u k

In a landmark legal case, Eunice and Owen Johns argued that the rights of Christians are being ‘trumped’ by those of homosexuals under equality legislation. They applied to Derby City Council to be respite carers but withdrew believing it to be 'doomed to failure' because of a social worker's attitude to their religious beliefs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So, what do you think of this?

Just a little while ago Elton John and his gay lover were permitted to foster a child and now you have a couple (Man & Woman) getting turned down because they are against gays..... wow! what is the World coming to when a man and woman (Male and female) cant foster a child because of their beliefs on gays adopting?

This World is crazy!!!!!

Man and Woman are here to pro-create.... to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

www.dailymail.co.u k
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The couple concerned are Christians.

All they are doing is following what is written in the Bible, the Word of God, the boss, quoting the rules so to speak.

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

As they are Christian, they will follow what is said in the Bible, the heart of Christianity across the World.

So if following the Bible is wrong, our World is a very screwed up place and God will deal with it as he sees fit.

Remember the Flood anyone?

+35 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
The only one who is victim by this is the foster child at the end of the day
If an ethics commitee can say that being anti-homosexual makes you a bad parent then another ethics commitee can say being pro-homosexual makes you a bad parent.

The couple deny that they are homophobic and said they would love any child they were given. However, what they were 'not willing to do was to tell a small child that the practice of homosexuality was a good thing'.

a small child should not be even spoken to about sexuality period!
They are supposed to play outside, have fun at the park and enjoy childhood.
Whether hetero or homosexual topics it's too early to expose them to these controversial topics.

What kind of parent are you if you explain to a small child how heterosexual couples have sex?

What is happening to this world??????
Political correctnesss over common sense?

+40 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

to have children together... to bring up children knowing that a man and woman are supposed to be together not man and man....

Who says so ? An invisible misogynistic bigot that lives in the sky by any chance ?

+20 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

It clearly says on lots of occasions that being Gay is wrong and definately not a good thing etc.

Although you seemed to have omitted the bit where the persons doing the "definitely not a good thing" should be put to death, the courts did not. Needless to say it's not necessarily a "good thing" to hand over children to xtian foster parents.

Incidentally, if your god told you to kill me would you do it ? Yes or No.

+14 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Remember the Flood anyone?

Ahem. evidence anyone ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Djin

* Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."

* Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"

* 1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

* Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

You have a choice to believe in God or not.

Those that do believe in Him follow the Bible and this is some of what it says about being Gay.

We have to a choice, simple as!

+41 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I'm really proud of this court for standing up to the pressure of mindless "Christians" and barring them from indoctrinating an innocent life with their hate filled religion.

It's interesting to me that Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible to follow - you don't see many interested in throwing their daughters to be raped by a mob, smashing babies against rocks or repenting for eating shellfish. If you do something as terrible as being born gay though, Christians will have a major problem with that. Isn't it interesting how Jesus never said anything against homosexuality? Look it up, it was all against lustfulness. Homophobic, insecure "Christians" distort the message though and believe the one out of the old testament.

You don't get to pick and choose, it's all or nothing. Throw your daughters out to be raped and hate homosexuals or don't do either.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
There are laws in the UK against sexual discrimination so its not suprising at all that they got turned down for fostering children. Besides, what are they going to do if the child they foster turns out to be gay...send him/her packing back to the orphanage and demand a good wholesome church friendly straight child?
edit on 28-2-2011 by snoochieboochies because: typo

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The only one who is victim by this is the foster child at the end of the day

I agree. There is serious lack of objectivity these days over stupid things like sexual orientation when children are not going to be bothered with that for a while. Such a technicality should not have restricted the family from being foster parents and if yes, you should look at their other beliefs and not just their beliefs against homosexuality. Be as technical and small-minded as possible!
The beliefs of the parents will not be set in stone when the child grows up.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I don't think foster parents should be fanatical in any direction. Whether they are "too Christian" or "too Homosexual" or "too" anything at all. If I were a social worker and I went into someone's home, and it seemed extraordinarily slanted in any direction, I would have reservations about placing a child there.

I don't think Christians are being discriminated against when it comes to adoption, but perhaps this particular couple was alienated because of their belief, and probably for good reason!

+10 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by theicc
I'm really proud of this court for standing up to the pressure of mindless "Christians" and barring them from indoctrinating an innocent life with their hate filled religion.

Ummm... and telling a small child that putting your peepee in the pooper is not indoctrination?
A child should not be exposed to such things, a child should be too busy being a child

When I was a child I didn't think of either side of the sex fence, I thought of just going outside and playing tag, or hide and go seek, or my father teaching me how to play soccer and how to use a telescope, he taught me to study hard and never go to sleep if I didn't learn anything throughout the day.

But no... it's too early to tell children about hetero sex but not too early for homosexual sex
How is that not indoctrination?????

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

You sound indoctrinated yourself. "Hate-filled religion"? I'm not a Christian, but I know enough about it that it is not hate-filled. I'm pretty sure your rhetoric mirrors that of Christians who hate homosexuals. I know many people who were raised in strict Christian households and today, some of them are gay, some supports gays, and some don't support gays. My point being "indoctrinating an innocent life" is a very silly phrase because you DON'T know how that child will turn out once they become adults.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

It's interesting to me that Christians get to pick and choose what parts of the Bible to follow - you don't see many interested in throwing their daughters to be raped by a mob, smashing babies against rocks or repenting for eating shellfish. If you do something as terrible as being born gay though, Christians will have a major problem with that. Isn't it interesting how Jesus never said anything against homosexuality? Look it up, it was all against lustfulness. Homophobic, insecure "Christians" distort the message though and believe the one out of the old testament.

You don't get to pick and choose, it's all or nothing. Throw your daughters out to be raped and hate homosexuals or don't do either.

Hmmm.... and what about the child who grows up confused about what is right?

You can't deny and say that man and man is right because it isnt.....

Females are here for a reason and that is to produce offspring (not only here for sex of course but you know what i mean)

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm sorry but a couple who is obviously going to raise the foster children to have hatred towards others because they are different should NOT ever be allowed to be a foster family. If they want to raise children to have hatred let them have their own children. If they can't have children of their own, then maybe their God is trying to tell them something about their beliefs about gay people. Religion is a tool of hatred and control that needs to be abolished. Although I know of a few Christians and members of the clergy who are open to people of any sexual orientation, unfortunately they are few.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by theicc

Shows how much of an idea you have (none)!

Corinthians and Romans is in the NEW TESTEMANT, you know, the bit involving what Jesus SAID and DID!

Get your facts straight before you go off on a rant next time!

Oh, I'm not religious, just quoting the Bible!

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree, but I do have to say that at age 3, I had a crush on a girl from swim class, and it lasted until after high school! At age 4, I would hide behind some closet doors and kiss the little girl from across the street (she was 6, and I hated that she got to go to school and I didn't. I was already jealous at that age!). At age 5, my favorite game was "catch and kiss" on the playground. (Probably illegal nowadays.)

So, some kids do think about sex from a very early age.

The first time I felt "like a man" was at age 7 when a little neighbor boy cuddled up and fell asleep on my arm watching Scooby Doo after school. I wasn't sexually attracted to him whatsoever, but I did feel like a "protector" and I knew that would be my role for the rest of my life. I have always been "attracted" to females, and I have always been a masculine "protector" for anybody weaker than myself.

So, masculine and feminine roles are influenced at a very young age, and we should be careful how children are raised.
edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

And the purpose of quoting bible bigotry was ?

So, would you kill me if your god told you to ? Yes or no ?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

christians scare me at times. some of them are sooo gullible.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join