It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Announces Run for Presidency -- Indirectly. Let's Give Him a President's Day to Remember

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
As much as I love Dr Ron Paul and embrace the man and his honest message, I am also a realist.
:

Dear realist,

Until you and all the other realists change there attitudes, there will be no change.

It takes one to change.

Enough "one"s change their attitudes... you have "everyone" changing their attitudes...

Or you can "keep it real" and things will go on as they are..........

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

As much as I'd like to see him be elected, I highly doubt it'll happen. TPTB won't allow it. He will probably end up having a conveniently-timed heart attack.

Don't use that to influence your vote! I hope you will vote from your heart and not for the 'lesser' of the two evils because of that fear of yours. Who gives a snip if the TPTB plicks don't sponsor him. That's a good sign actually. I'm happy to see an American representative that doesn't look like a walking billboard! As long as the people sponsor him, your vote will mean something. Like Paul said; even if he remains a minority, the brush fires are blazing and they're spreading fast! One day soon; you will win.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
As much as I'd like to see him be elected, I highly doubt it'll happen. TPTB won't allow it. He will probably end up having a conveniently-timed heart attack.

They don't have to even do that, I am sure he is an annoyance - but the system is so rigged he doesn't have a chance.

The public at large is brainwashed, they have no clue what is going to hit them with this house of cards comes falling apart. I wouldn't even be surprised if Obama gets a second term, yes - the public is a well trained animal for TPTB
edit on 20-2-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"I don't want to waste my vote.
He won't get the funding.
He wont get the support."

Laziness.
Cowardice.
Ignorance.

Words that come to mind.

People simply don't understand that it takes support for someone to be supported.
I thought it was a simple concept - evidently not.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
but if he becomes president, they might clone the lee harvey oswald incident. i wouldn't want to see ron paul assassinated or corrupted. and if he becomes president, it won't be his message anymore, he'll be doing what he's told by the big business types that run the world but on the other hand he might not. i've got my fingers crossed on this one and hope that he can lead us out of the economical situation that has our cheese in a beartrap cheese being medicaid, and beartrap being...
edit on 20-2-2011 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

I have been a strong supporter of Dr Paul for the better part of a decade now.

The 2008 elections were extremely frustrating seeing how a good man was raked over the coles and defamed in the media.

I will vote for him again in 2012 just as I did in 2008, but am I getting my hopes up?

Hell no.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

They assassinate him; the people will know. That would stir the hornets nest and piss off many millions of Americans and will kick-start a real revolution in a timely fashion. Don't be defeated because the battle has just begun!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

With respect:

It seems that you have fallen directly into the tptw's (the powers that were) hands. It took me a bit to come to this truth, but I now realize that part of the game plan for those in power is to foment an aura of all knowing/all power. They want people, especially those like us with inquiring minds, to believe that they control everything at all times. Their goal in this is perfectly displayed by your comment: to cast doubt into every situation and to suspect anything or anyone that doesn't go with their agenda. Think about it: what a perfect self-governing system to have where anyone that comes along and challenges the status-quo is immediately called into question by the very people that they need support from.

Those in power definitely do have just that: power. However, they do not have near as much power as a lot of us in the conspiracy community wish to imagine. Thinking that they do is absolutely self defeating. If they control absolutely everything that happens, what the point in trying? That's exactly the attitude that those in power wish to create among those that dig deep.

All that being said (sorry, first ever post and I'm a little long winded), Ron Paul is our one and only option to turning our country around. It may even be too late, but I have a never say die attitude and am willing to do another go-round. I was part of his campaign in '08 and am looking forward to being part of this one as well.

And if you think he would be a good choice do us all a favor: anyone that says that they agree with him but he could never win, slap them across the face please. Not really, but if everyone that I heard say that in the last campaign actually voted for him, he would be in office. It's time to educate the masses and to have them vote for who they think is best, not vote like it's a horse race, where people only vote for who they think is going to win for nothing more than bragging rights.

We have a ton of work to do, but it can be done. Never give up.

edit on 20-2-2011 by strangernstrangeland because: grammar

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
What do you guys think about the vice president who will be running with him??

Im hoping for Jesse Ventura IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by disfugured
reply to post by rockoperawriter

They assassinate him; the people will know. That would stir the hornets nest and piss off many millions of Americans and will kick-start a real revolution in a timely fashion. Don't be defeated because the battle has just begun!

This is exactly what TPTB want and NEED. Can't implement Martial Law if the people remain "law" abiding can you? So why not USE him to end the FED, so TPTB can BLAME it on him, and then institute the chip plan as paper "money" will no longer be accepted. The NAU can be implemented also as TPTB will, yes WILL assassinate him after they are done with him.

Then the rest will become history.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul. He has the best ideas of any potential candidate in recent memory. If there was ever even a seed of doubt planted in my mind about him it was due to a picture of him giving the hand sign. It seems like all the politicos that I detest have used that sign in photos. It's the horned hand that is commonly seen flashed by those believed to be involved with the NWO. I hope that I am being paranoid but, to me, it seems too much of a coincidence.

i43.photobucket.com...
edit on 20-2-2011 by baboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just took the time to read through all of the comments and what strikes me is a clear sense of defeatism that a lot of posters have.

I can remember a few years ago when I was just "waking up" to the true history of the world and current events and remember being severely depressed and had a sense of doom. I thought that all was lost and that there was nothing to be done. Oddly enough, that's when I discovered Ron Paul. Deep into my cynicism, I figured that he was just another power hungry politician and set out to research and discover the skeletons in this guy's closet. I found none. That's when I threw everything that I had into his 08 campaign, realizing that this was our shot at a for real-deal president. Although we collectively failed to elect the man, we started a movement that continues on today and that has woken up countless people to the reality of our current situation. Think about it: how many times did ANYONE hear about the FED in a negative light before Paul hit the news? Times have changed and we do indeed have another chance at turning this titanic called America away from the iceberg at the last second.

To those on this thread who claim that Paul is part of TPTB and that EVERYTHING is controlled I offer this question: Why even try then? If the illuminati or whoever controls all and we're all doomed anyway, then why even bother with anything in life?

Again, as stated in my previous post, they want you to believe that. It makes things that much easier for them. That way people who would otherwise challenge their authority now just sit back and say "# it, why bother."

If you're going to sit on the sidelines and leave the work to the rest of us, fine. But quit trying to discourage others who are picking up your and everyone else's slack in fixing this cluster#. And stop using the crutch of "it's hopeless..." I'd rather die trying to fix this mess than stand aside, knowing I did nothing to contribute. That in itself would make me culpable to whatever mess we find ourselves in. We got ourselves in this mess by several avenues, but two of the most prominent ones are apathy and complacency. We're damn sure not going to solve anything by giving up at the get go.

Sorry for the rant, I'm just very passionate about these things and get frustrated easily by defeatism.

Namaste

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I will vote for anyone that will run on a platform that involves getting our military forces out of all the foreign countries we are in. I can understand being in a few, but why are we still occupying Germany, England and providing security for the European continent? We need to pull out of South Korea and Japan too. Why do we promise Taiwan that we will defend them from China? We the American people need to wake up and stop electing these people. We have power of the ballot box and we need to exercise it...I saw something on a friend's desk at work...it stated "Two defining forces have offered to die for you, Jesus Christ for your sins and the American Soldier, Marine, Sailor and Airman for you Freedom". We need to wake up! I wanted Senator James Webb to run for president, now he's not even going to be a voice of reason in the Senate. Please everyone...VOTE! Get everyone you know to vote...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
The time has come. Let freedom ring.

Ron Paul's $6 Million Haul Makes History

edit on 20-2-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Why is everybody still hung up about the supposed 'horned hang gesture' by Ron Paul? I thought that was debunked a long time ago as the sign of love.

Just take two seconds to google 'sign language for love' and you'll see exactly what I mean.

Come on people, use some COMMON sense.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

unfortunately, i don't think Ron Paul will win, but it would be awesome if he did. It isn't those that vote that have the power, it those that count the votes that will make sure he loses. way to many people with way too much power have way too much to lose.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Its funny that I see the same message in this thread that mainstream media is pushing. You vote for Paul you waste your vote.

Atleast switch it up?

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by manmaidslave

I believe that's the exact attitude that's coming into question - think about what would happen if they fudge the numbers on votes AGAIN. Even the people who didn't vote for Ron Paul would take to the streets. Back in the 2008 election cycle I knew without a shadow of doubt that it was our last chance to get our country back on track without bloodshed (both physical and metaphorical). We are now seeing the edge of that abyss and the 2012 election cycle might be too far out, but it's something to hope for. If there's one thing this country, and the rest of the world for that matter, needs right now, it's hope

Again, he'll have my full support. My broke ass that barely made the "rent" last month (in a campground, mind you) will be contributing to Ron Paul's campaigns starting today/tomorrow with the "money bomb". If he runs, I may even volunteer this time around.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I hear what you are saying my friend. I have spent almost 25 years trying to teach people what is wrong with the de facto system and what has happened. I have spent a good part of my life being angry and sometimes fighting the system in the courts and through opting out etc. It has got me no where and a bunch of grief. I know others who have spent a life time fighting the system and had a few minor wins but still get harassed by ignorant government employees and have to re-fight the same fight over and over they live a pretty spartan life because of it. I know others that have been rail roaded and gone to prison over it. It's a hard life and not worth it. Sometimes you have to work with what you have.

I have found that everyone is on their own path and unfortunately a majority are not ready for the complete truth.. We are stuck on this planet with billions of others and unfortunately the majority does rule either by force, ignorance or apathy. IOW they allow what we have today and we don't have power to change it yet. That is slowly changing and the economic crisis unfolding will shorten the learning curve for many.

In the meant time we do what we can to work with others. But try to enjoy life along the way live love and have some fun if you can. I avoid them where ever I can and go along to get along when I have to. I won't do anyone any good sitting in jail whether I am there lawfully or not.
edit on 21-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by flyingdog

My worst fear is that Ron Paul gets in and turns out to be a shill

Please don't take this personally, flyingdog, but what does it take for a politican like Ron Paul to convince some people he's legit and truly trying to work for the people?

Could the man have a better voting record in his DECADES of service as an elected official? No.
Has he been consistent with his message throughout his career? Yes
To date, has the opposition found any dirt on this man that has caused a scandal or even raised an eyebrow? No
When he speaks, does he have the demeanor of a man who is on a self-serving mission? No
Has there been any proof that Ron Paul has been a liar? No

What the hell more do people need? Jesus! Enough of the conspiracy talk with respect to Ron Paul!! A more perfect politician there is NOT. If Ron Paul doesn't cut the mustard in your eyes NO ONE ever will. Pure and simple.

Ron Paul for 2012! And this will be the first time I will actively volunteer for a candidate in a presidential campaign if he indeed runs.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join