It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Announces Run for Presidency -- Indirectly. Let's Give Him a President's Day to Remember

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Ron Paul Announces Run for Presidency -- Indirectly. Let's Give Him a President's Day to Remember

befor eitsnews.com

Having helped spearhead the "Draft Ron Paul 2004" campaign starting in 2001, collecting a few thousand signatures; and being extremely surprised and pleased to see how well he did in the 2008 campaign, I have been watching carefully to see if he will run in 2012.

There certainly has been a lot of encouragement from the freedom-advocacy community for him to run again. He has a grandfatherly, disarming way of speaking of very difficult and divisive issues in a common-sense, charming way. He has a strong foundation in principles of freedom and is able to articulate that message powerfully,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well it looks like Ron is going to run. Lets hope the people wake up and vote for him in mass and override the machine for once. I think a majority from both ends of the spectrum and in-between can agree with him enough to give him a landslide. We will see.

Here is a video of him at CPAC

befor eitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 19-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Ron is going to need a lot of help if he runs because the RNC will kicked the chair out from under him , likely worse than last time . He won't get the funding and he'll be lucky to get into half of the debates . The RINOS , Newt and Carl Rove were on Fox two days ago saying that Ron and his supporters were worse for the Republicans that the John Birchers and like the Birchers must me marginalized and then expunged from the party. Politics hates an honest man .

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
Ron is going to need a lot of help if he runs because the RNC will kicked the chair out from under him , likely worse than last time . He won't get the funding and he'll be lucky to get into half of the debates . The RINOS , Newt and Carl Rove were on Fox two days ago saying that Ron and his supporters were worse for the Republicans that the John Birchers and like the Birchers must me marginalized and then expunged from the party. Politics hates an honest man .

You got that right. Maybe if he gets enough support and gets cheated out of the nomination there will be enough support to run as an independent?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

He won't get the funding and he'll be lucky to get into half of the debates .

He actually held the record for most donations before the Obama campaign so I don't see money as an issue..
He is more popular now thean he was then..
Debates? Well we will wait and see but his popularity may force them to include him..

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by bandito

He won't get the funding and he'll be lucky to get into half of the debates .

He actually held the record for most donations before the Obama campaign so I don't see money as an issue..
He is more popular now thean he was then..
Debates? Well we will wait and see but his popularity may force them to include him..

As you saw with CPAC and Fox news, the Republicans will try and wipe Ron Paul out through the media. I don't understand why - Paul is the type of American politician the right would want but I'm guessing the right is bought and will put up a crappy candidate to outdo Paul and seal Obama's reelection. American politics: a comedy.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It really would be great for him to run independent, to see debates that normally only have 2 candidates, but w/ 3 instead. Now that would be a great sign..

I've personally very much liked Ron Paul's apparent honesty in any speeches or debates.
I know that he would certainly have the support of the tea party folks, who I don't normally agree with much.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

As you saw with CPAC and Fox news, the Republicans will try and wipe Ron Paul out through the media. I don't understand why - Paul is the type of American politician the right would want but I'm guessing the right is bought and will put up a crappy candidate to outdo Paul and seal Obama's reelection. American politics: a comedy.

Yes but Fox News was caught out..
If that happens more then people WILL side with Ron Paul IMO...
Their plan may very well backfire and people that hadn't noticed Ron Paul before may take notice,,

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Reply to post by backinblack

Ron Paul (TX) and John Duncan (TN).

The battle of the Alamo and the battle for the presidency.

Hope it happens.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
ron paul is like the most perfect politician, he is a perfect politician in a sea of corruption,
come to think of it, any time ive seen a politician begin to utter anything like ron paul they are usualy murdered.

so wait, why is ron paul alive?

he's the bait, why wouldnt tptb have control of the sheep AND the awakening, you think they'd be content to only try and control the sheep, of course they are also controling the awakening publics politics,

it was hard for me to accept, but i believe it, ron paul is more then likely secretly in league with tptb, end the fed huh, then what? global currency? would mean global government, i know the feds bad, but we are only now being allowed to know this because now is when they want it to end, to begin the next currency,

i dont think i'll vote at all, no matter what happens i dont want to feel like im giving consent to continue this control by vote, when they control the vote.

why dont we see how dependant we've become on this system, the machine, we used to farm we used to hunt, we used to survive easily on our own,

remove all your money, grocery stores, electricity, and water supply right now and what you got, like 5 days max before your hurting to survive?

we didnt rely on these a century ago, they've hooked us on em just to remove them from us so they can demand more control and power to plug us back into the machine, the system,

werent we a part of nature before we became so mechanistic? i think when we see struggles in society and economy we should remember how much more stable things would be if we werent so mechanistic, nature is much more fluid then the geared and cogged machine,

if our nations had encouraged natural foods and farmin these last 100 years rather then factory produced,
then we could weather economic crisses much easier, food prices would be so much lower, we'd be so much healthier, most importantly food would be findable when the currency dies and grocery stores close,

however when ron paul gets in office and ends the fed, it think we are gonna have some real troubles seeing our grocery stores close,

sorry bout the rant, mind sorta ran away on me.

edit on 2/19/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
ron paul is like the most perfect politician, he is a perfect politician in a sea of corruption,
come to think of it, any time ive seen a politician begin to utter anything like ron paul they are usualy murdered.

he's the bait, why wouldnt tptb have control of the sheep AND the awakening, you think they'd be content to only try and control the sheep, of course they are also controling the awakening publics politics,

Hey, right now, he's the best bet. If he's corrupt, he's just like any other president. If he's honest, then he's a breath of fresh air that this country is definitely in need of. Nothing to lose, really. IMO.

Ron Paul 2012!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
If enough of us vote for him and tell people about him and why its is important he gets elected, who knows what could happen. It needs to be so big that it can't be ignored this time.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

it was hard for me to accept, but i believe it, ron paul is more then likely secretly in league with tptb, end the fed huh, then what? global currency? would mean global government, i know the feds bad, but we are only now being allowed to know this because now is when they want it to end, to begin the next currency,

This is complete nonsense. His track record is too good and perhaps the best in congress ever. The reason he has not been murdered etc. is because he has never been a real threat to them. For most of his political life he has just been an obscure congressman relegated to the fringe by the media if he got any coverage at all. That's what they will try to do again.

Why would they have him have a perfect voting record with his convictions and then oppose him so vehemently in the election. All they had to do is ease up and he could win. Also they would not have had him had a perfect record cause they would want him to fit more into the main stream. The guys doesn't even participate in the congressional pension and returns a portion of his congressional budget every year that he didn't use.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I WILL be out volunteering for him. It is time we stopped being a pundit and started working!

Be the change you want to see....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
My worst fear is that Ron Paul gets in and turns out to be a shill

That said, I'll vote for him again if he runs.. better to take a chance on him than know you're gonna lose by voting for the establishment

He is up there in the years so I wouldn't be surprised if he puts his weight behind some other candidate - maybe running as VP for his chosen one

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DevilJin

As you saw with CPAC and Fox news, the Republicans will try and wipe Ron Paul out through the media. I don't understand why -

That is because BOTH parties are run by TPTB and Ron Paul is a loose cannon.

TPTB is not about to let someone they do not control run. They are too close to their goal of bring the USA to her knees and wiping her off the face of the earth, at least as a first world power.

2012 is the year the REAL Economic collapse will start.

Obama has even brought on board his staff the three men responsible for the current economic crisis to facilitate the further collapse of the US economy. www.economyincrisis.org...

50% of the US labor force work for small business. Obamacare makes a change in the tax law governing 1099's that is going to be a NIGHTMARE for ALL businesses and force many small businesses to close their doors. Worse it will greatly impede the start of new small businesses.

The second fiasco is the food safety law. Only 4,048 out of 2.2 million farms support the farmer without the additional income of a second job. These 4,048 are the non-family Corporate farms. The addition of food safety regulation red tape and the new 1099 tax changes are going to push many if not all out of business.

Farmers do not have the time or expertise to write the lengthy Hazard Analysis & Critical Control Points documentation let alone pay for the on going testing and changes the FDA will demand. A farmer in the UK stated he spends 60% of his time dealing with similar UK regulations and all the rest of his neighbors have quit. The FDA has already stated they will "Harmonize Law" with the EU.

International Harmonization - www.cfsan.fda.gov...

The harmonization of laws, regulations and standards between and among trading partners requires intense, complex, time-consuming negotiations... Failure to reach a consistent, harmonized set of laws, regulations and standards within the freetrade agreements and the World Trade Organization Agreements can result in considerable economic repercussions.

“In a sweeping move that has garnered surprisingly little attention this week the United States and the European Union have signed up to a new transatlantic economic partnership that will see regulatory standards “harmonized” and will lay the basis for a merging of the US and EU into one single market, a huge step on the path to a new globalized world order.” news.bbc.co.uk... or stopspp.com...

This destruction of American farming is intentional and started right after WWII. The key moves were the 1995 World Trade Organization Agreement on Ag and the 1996 farm bill called the "Freedom to Farm Act" both written by the VP of Cargill Dan Amstutz. Those two not only wiped out many farmers in the US but all over the world. The "Freedom to Farm Act" also got rid of the US strategic grain reserve. As of 2008 the USDA reported "The Cupboard is bare"

What most people do not realize is the "Domino effect" of wiping out independent farmers.

The economic disparity between industrial farms and those that retain locally owned and controlled farms may be due in part, to the degree in which money stays in the community. Locally owned and controlled farms tend to buy their supplies and services locally, thus supporting a variety of local businesses. This phenomenon is known as the economic “multiplier” effect, estimated at approximately seven dollars per dollar earned by the locally owned farm. PEW REPORT

The total economic impact of farming for my state, North Carolina, was over $704 million in 2002. Only 171 Farms of the 53930 NC farms are not Family held.

Will the Food Safety Law effect your home garden? It may, if not now then later, because despite all the media hype the Tesser Amendment does NOT exempt small farms.

...Ignorance about the law’s broad reach (and how it will be construed by the courts) has thwarted opposition to the bill, which will likely pass Congress. For example, a newspaper claims the bill “doesn’t regulate home gardens.” The newspaper probably assumed that was true because the bill, like most federal laws, only purports to reach activities that affect “interstate commerce.” To an uninformed layperson or journalist, that “sounds as if it might not reach local and mom-and-pop operators at all.” ...

But lawyers familiar with our capricious legal system know better. The Supreme Court ruled in Wickard v. Filburn (1942) that even home gardens (in that case, a farmer’s growing wheat for his own consumption) are subject to federal laws that regulate interstate commerce. Economists and scholars have criticized this decision, but it continues to be cited and followed in Supreme Court rulings, such as those applying federal anti-drug laws to consumption of even home-grown medical marijuana. Indeed, many court decisions allow Congress to define as “interstate commerce” even non-commercial conduct that doesn’t cross state lines.

...Lori Robertson of FactCheck.org, who is not a lawyer (she has a B.A. in advertising), claims the bill doesn’t apply to “that tomato plant in your backyard.” As a lawyer, I am skeptical of this claim. (I co-represented the prevailing defendant in the last successful constitutional challenge to federal regulation under the interstate commerce clause, United States v. Morrison (2000) — one of only two cases since the 1930s where the Supreme Court limited, rather than rubberstamped, regulation in the name of “interstate commerce”). And it appears that that the proposed law CAN apply to that tomato plant in your backyard (or Michelle Obama’s garden), since Congress’s power under the Commerce Clause is almost unlimited in the eyes of the courts... www.openmarket.org...

Another lawyer's comments on Food Safety and the Commerce Clause

2011 - FOOD RIOTS SPREADING
GLOBAL fOOD SUPPLY DWINDLING
FOOD BUBBLE COLLAPSE
PURDUE UNIV - THE GLOBALIZATION OF CORPORATE CRIME: FOOD AND AGRICULTURAL CARTELS OF THE 1990s - March 1, 2003
LET THEM EAT GRASS
Poverty soars as millions of Americans head to food banks
Food skyrockets to highest prices ever - world wide

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

This is complete nonsense. His track record is too good and perhaps the best in congress ever. The reason he has not been murdered etc. is because he has never been a real threat to them. For most of his political life he has just been an obscure congressman relegated to the fringe by the media if he got any coverage at all. That's what they will try to do again.

Why would they have him have a perfect voting record with his convictions and then oppose him so vehemently in the election. All they had to do is ease up and he could win. Also they would not have had him had a perfect record cause they would want him to fit more into the main stream. The guys doesn't even participate in the congressional pension and returns a portion of his congressional budget every year that he didn't use.

Actually if you want to keep the illusion alive in people that "their vote matters" and the "system works" when they are "waking up" to the corruption and paying attention more than ever to the political process....Ron Paul is EXACTLY what you would want...

He needs to have a "savior" and "breath of fresh air" appeal to the masses so when he is put in office were all so freaking happy we won't question anything about it.

The elite globalist bankers who have enslaved most of the world and skimmed off our earning for hundreds if not thousands of years now going to leave it all up to a vote?

TPTB don't leave lose ends...its not consistent with how well they have controlled people for god knows how long. You don't get to be TPTB by letting a Ron Paul slip through your fingers....hes the ultimate puppet to bring us under the "NEW ILLUSION" 2012

edit to add:

I was a huge Ron Paul supporter in 2008. I still believe in pretty much everything he talks about, smaller government etc...He looks, and smells legitimate, and that is what bugs me.

It just doesn't make sense that we have a legitimate president walking around as a breath of fresh air...

edit on 20-2-2011 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

I was a huge Ron Paul supporter in 2008. I still believe in pretty much everything he talks about, smaller government etc...He looks, and smells legitimate, and that is what bugs me. It just doesn't make sense that we have a legitimate president walking around as a breath of fresh air...

All you have to do is look at recent history to see Ron Paul is a puppet or setting himself up for assasination.

On May 23, 1933, Congressman, Louis T. McFadden, brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON.

The petition for Articles of Impeachment was thereafter referred to the Judiciary Committee and has YET TO BE ACTED ON.... home.hiwaay.net...

It is well worth reading the speeches by McFadden in the article.

So what happens to McFadden. First he loses his congressional seat. Bit that does not stop him from denouncing the FED. So stronger measures are taken:

Commenting on Former Congressman Louis T. McFaddens's "heart-failure sudden-death" on Oct. 3, 1936, after a "dose" of "intestinal flu," "Pelley's Weekly" of Oct. 14 said:

Now that this sterling American patriot has made the Passing, it can be revealed that not long after his public utterance against the encroaching powers of Judah, it became known among his intimates that he had suffered two attacks against his life. The first attack came in the form of two revolver shots fired at him from ambush as he was alighting from a cab in front of one of the Capital hotels. Fortunately both shots missed him, the bullets burying themselves in the structure of the cab.

"He became violently ill after partaking of food at a political banquet at Washington. His life was only saved from what was subsequently announced as a poisoning by the presence of a physician friend at the banquet, who at once procured a stomach pump and subjected the Congressman to emergency treatment." /s/ Robert Edward Edmondson (Publicist-Economist)

More recently:

First National Bank of Montgomery vs. Daly (1969)
Drexler hadn't given much credence to the theory of the defense, until Mr. Morgan, the bank's president, took the stand. To everyone's surprise, Morgan admitted that the bank routinely created money "out of thin air" for its loans, and that this was standard banking practice. "It sounds like fraud to me," intoned Presiding Justice Martin Mahoney amid nods from the jurors. In his court memorandum, Justice Mahoney stated:

Plaintiff admitted that it, in combination with the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, . . . did create the entire $14,000.00 in money and credit upon its own books by bookkeeping entry. That this was the consideration used to support the Note dated May 8, 1964 and the Mortgage of the same date. The money and credit first came into existence when they created it. Mr. Morgan admitted that no United States Law or Statute existed which gave him the right to do this. A lawful consideration must exist and be tendered to support the Note.

To Daly, the implications were enormous. If bankers were indeed extending credit without consideration – without backing their loans with money they actually had in their vaults and were entitled to lend – a decision declaring their loans void could topple the power base of the world....

In that system (which has now been phased out), judges and courts were pretty much on their own. Justice Mahoney, who was not dependent on campaign financing or hamstrung by precedent, went so far as to threaten to prosecute and expose the bank. He died less than six months after the trial, in a mysterious accident that appeared to involve poisoning.... www.webofdebt.com...

When the Banksters have their power base threatened they do not hesitate to "remove" the problem by buying the person off, sidelining them using the media and financial support, threats or finally assassination.

Note how Ron Paul's run in 2008 came to an end 3 days after the June 2008 Bilderberg Conference

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Ron Paul has principles, which he will never violate.

He has never taken a dime from lobbyists or corporations.

You may not always agree with him, but you know exactly where he stands.

A true statesman, the last living statesman of our time.

I will support him and his cause to the end of time.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He lost my support by flashing hand signs during these speeches.
Turns-out disgraced President Richard Nixon displayed very similar hand signs in similar venues, which begs the question are they from the same masonic cult?
If you search Nixon on YT, there are several speeches where he does the hand signs.
The 1968 post-election news conference and getting on the Presidential helicopter for final time after resigning are prime examples.
Their primary allegence is to the cult...not you or me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join