It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret concerns.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

go back to mit and study freedom--all your education has made you blind.
You already think you are above some people so IT is you that should go find another site to play in. Get real, the rules are already in place that matter.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I do miss the ignore button.

I do think there are many useless posts as of late but I just alert, sometimes more than once

I feel like Im bothering the mods but they want you to alert to things you feel are violations. If you see a post that is breaking their terms just hit alert and say why. I do it all the time. It annoys me to see many duplicates, useless posts and threads with a link and one line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I havent attacked his education or communication abilities. I do however think that he has not allowed himself sufficient time to observe the function of this community, or to assess its merits, and therfore its failings accurately.
I also think that if he had a deeper point than the ones which would be addressed by a longer examination of the site and its workings, then he has not made an effort to make that point clear, and the fault for any misunderstanding lies directly at his feet, and not at the feet of those who find his comments utterly useless, ill informed, and completely without merit.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I do miss the ignore button.

I do think there are many useless posts as of late but I just alert, sometimes more than once

Agreed! Your post makes an excellent case for restoration of the ignore feature.

It annoys me to see many duplicates, useless posts and threads with a link and one line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
well until you've earned a Ph,D from Ats ur nothing.

so you better start paying close attention and take notes, otherwise you're never going to graduate and get that coveted MOD position

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Belcultassi

Originally posted by MITSwagger
I am 28 year's old and wish to give a vialed complaint.

Is your PhD in chemistry, Mr/s Swagger?

Is that why your complaints come in vials?

Presumably you were not required to show proficiency in English...

ATS is an entertainment site. There may be some information contained in it occasionally with all the misinformation and disinformation, but in the scheme of things none of it really matters, so long as people are overtly happy and not in Egypt.

I too was wondering the same thing. I guess by this complaint coming from a MIT graduate, its probably alot more vialed than complaints from the rest of us.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
My biggest complaint about ATS is there is no way (that I can find) to bring up all the replies people wrote to my posts, I want to be able to see what everyone is saying to me and not miss anything so that I can answer people. Its fine when your in a thread reading and writing along with people but if you leave for a day when you come back there’s 20 more pages than before and you have no idea if someone is trying to ask you something within those pages unless you read every page (which I simply do not have close to enough time to do). Even more so if I write a post in a thread that kind of dies out but then weeks or months later a new member or anyone who goes to that thread might ask me something and how am I supposed to know? I'm not spending my time going back over every thread I’ve written in just to check for replies because I don’t have enough time to read through all the new daily threads that I'm interested in, but at the same time I would love to revisit threads to reply to someone who is talking to me.

I’m sure it can’t take much to set this up, or is there a way to do this already and I just made a fool out of myself?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

Go to tools, then go to messeges. On the part of the screen containing your U2U inbox, there is an option for "replies" . The feature you are looking for is right there.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Tools>Messages>Replies

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcultassi

A pHD is a doctorate in the study of the negative log10 of molar concentration of the hydronium ion, which by the way does necessitate the use of vials.

pH = -log10([H3O+])

It's kind of like E = mc2 but different.

Disable the posting privilege too, those whom fear mongers.

edit on 12-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: clarity

edit on 12-2-2011 by 1SawSomeThings because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

HAHAHAHA ! Thats genius! ... sorry for the one liner, carry on about yer business ! HEHEHEH!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I realize that with all the money the OP paid for a membership on ATS, things should be his way. Are you people not understanding the legitimacy in his gripe?
Some forget that this is the internet.
OP, my only advise i can give you to rid your frustration of posts on ATS would be to hit ALT-F4. Or maybe reach down and hold the power button in for 10 seconds and take a break for a while.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Thank you, looks like I am the fool on this one

Thank you too Juston.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I replied once earlier in this thread and wanted to chime in again.

At the end of the day, we are responsible for our own posts, and we are all aware of the Terms and Condiions that we agree to for the priviledge of particpiating in the net's greatest forum. Sure there are times when the autocensor feature might but a little overzealous, but as responsible members of ATS we can move on past the occasional slip up.

Know and understand the TnC and be responsible for your own actions and posts and continue to be a contributing member to the boards here at ATS to help them continue to exist at a level without peer.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I hope you understand that my amusement was caused by your comment about pHD rather than me laughing about your inability to access your replies ....
And no worries btw, always happy to lend a hand to a fellow member.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Also does it really matter if the OP has a PhD or not? Does it matter his grammar and spelling are off?

Yes it does in this case. Why start a post stating you have one in the first place? He just joined yet is fed up? Does no one else see that this post was designed to create just the response he claims he is against?

LOL He pushed the right buttons

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
I replied once earlier in this thread and wanted to chime in again.

At the end of the day, we are responsible for our own posts, and we are all aware of the Terms and Condiions that we agree to for the priviledge of particpiating in the net's greatest forum. Sure there are times when the autocensor feature might but a little overzealous, but as responsible members of ATS we can move on past the occasional slip up.

Know and understand the TnC and be responsible for your own actions and posts and continue to be a contributing member to the boards here at ATS to help them continue to exist at a level without peer.

A good reminder!

**Please read: You are responsible for your posts

**Please read: Complaints - How To

**Please familiarize yourself with ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you see a post that is breaking their terms just hit alert and say why. I do it all the time. It annoys me to see many duplicates, useless posts and threads with a link and one line

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Wow... ok..

lmeao

As for the grmatical errors.. it is possible to be a graduate of MIT and not spell correctly...

engineering or computer science or mathematics...

space ussage in the brain... grammer is not important nor is proper sentance construction...

The answer is in wiether or not op can prove he is from MIT... sicial sciences may be something he disagrees in... or with...

he demonstrates no social skills, none. so the posibility of being stuck in an environment that requires brain power ( or other skillset) and not de social skills is high probability..

Your complaints OP are highly unfounded and I completely disagree. The staff IS doing its job quite well... Even recently I had an issue and question and instead of cold rudeness, I got politness with a prompt response...

so your theory over a lack of proper control measures is lacking...

I to have a PHD, which means NOTHING here... Unless it is in your field of trianing....

As for proper posting, the mods and owners seem ( my imho) to also be allowing posters room and time to grow... they do not want to through out the baby with the bath water... some posters may have relevant information you have to decipherit... it is like a car mechanic trying to hold a conversation with a yale lawyer with fifteen years experience and a nuerosurgon from hopkins, all trying to sit down and have a beer...

Well either way thank you for your time...

PS... what is the field you where trained in for at MIT... where do you work now, and what papers have you published... just curious you do not have to answer...

ty again

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
As for the grmatical errors.. it is possible to be a graduate of MIT and not spell correctly..
I to have a PHD, which means NOTHING here... Unless it is in your field of trianing....

My bad... I forgot that in this day of text speak and chat room coding, spelling and grammar are no longer required to earn a degree.

But your right stating you have a degree without the proof... well we all know what happened to Bob Lazar here

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join