It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In fear of what may come I have moved to Alaska with $800.00 in my pocket.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I made it, I'm here. After all that I've learned of what may come I decided not to sit around and wait for it. I picked up and moved to Alaska with little money in my pocket. I looked at jobs and ended up working in a cannery in Petersburg for the Summer. It was hell and I don't recommend doing it unless you have no other option. It is very dangerous and the pay sucks. I was working 16hr days toward the end of the summer when things picked up. We were processing millions of pounds of salmon a day. It is truly amazing that Salmon even exist with all that we took over the Summer. It was disgusting work, very unclean and not sanitary at all. Well I finished out the Summer there with a broken hand not to mention that I put a fillet knife through my palm the first two weeks I was there, I'm definitely not cut out for that type of work. I could not believe how many foreigners were working there. It was like I was in a really cold part of Mexico. I was the minority (Caucasian) the rest were from parts of Russia and Mexico.

Anyway, I hopped on a ferry for 60 bucks and made it to Juneau. When I got here I stayed at the Juneau International Hostel for 10$ a day until I found a place to stay, I was renting a room for 700$ a month. That wasn't the best option either but it was all I had, this person I was renting from had (no joke) 40 different birds making noise 24/7 it was driving me crazy. I got a really good job and have since moved out and now I am wondering if I picked a safe part of Alaska... Im in Juneau obviously and pretty close to the ocean.

I was looking at some maps and I am pretty sure I am as safe as I can be for the coming polar shift. I am surrounded by mountains which I hope will break up the tsunamis if and when they head this way. The mountains will act as gigantic break walls there are many of them between myself and the ocean. If someone could look at my location and let me know if there might be a better place I would appreciate it.

I have most of my survival gear purchased and just need to find a cheap place to get MREs or some other type of food ration. Thanks, any help or suggestions would be awesome, you guys are the best! I love the ATS clientele.

I have a pretty amazing story so ask questions, fire away!

+31 more 
posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
How pissed are you going to be if nothing happens?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Wow what a journey. I am sure you will be much better off than a lot of us. And $10 a day for motel, you should live there lol. As far as mre's, most I have seen are expensive, maybe try making your own? There are plenty of sites explaining how, just search for "homemade mre's". Good luck! S+F

Deebo

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
i heard that the new updated map shows alaska underwater

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Dry dog food usually has allot of nutritional value for a low cost as does dry rice and beans. You'll need a good supply of fresh spring water so go with the giant office size bottles if you don't have another source for water. Become proficient with a bow and arrows and teach yourself how to make your own. There are plenty of videos on youtube for making your own bows and arrows.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Alaska has many beautiful places. I really doubt these SHTF conspiracy stories, but what the heck - maybe you will land a good job up there and start to enjoy your life there.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Ok Rambo ...so what made you pick Alaska ..? Isn't that as coastal as you can get ...?
While you are there... maybe you should start building a large raft .. or boat ... you know .. just incase ...
How do Ramen noodles hold up as emergency food ..?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MoneyRain

LOL, good question... Well its been an experience if anything at all. It truly is beautiful up here, I guess I might have a few regrets but all in all I think it was a good decision to make, I came to Alaska from New York, I'm a city boy so I hope I will get a chance to learn the ways of the land, this is a totally different place than the lower 48, it is very chill here no pun intended. I have already experienced personal growth from this and hope to learn more about myself in the future. If nothing happens then I will be very happy but if something does then I hope I made a good choice.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Awesome! Now all you have to worry about is HAARP, being invaded by Russia, polar bears and Sarah Palin.
Seriously though, hope you enjoy it!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EssenSieMich

Hey thanks, really those are some great suggestions, I was going to buy a gun for protection but your right! How foolish of me, bullets will always run out but I can always make arrows, thanks for that.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I'll be in Denali National Park from May 1st until September 20th.

Not because the end of the world, But because it's one of the nicer places to be a slave.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LS650

I have landed a good job, I am very happy this is a very hospitable place, the people are just so friendly. Believe it or not I went from having nothing to having a new car and now have my own 2 bedroom place. Its not really a cabin but my landlord calls it that, its right down the street from the Mendenhal glacier which is also a sight to see. My backyard is the state park (conservation) type thing, Before I left from New York my stomach was bleeding every day and I had severe pains. Almost as soon as I got here it all stopped. I am a bit feverish right now but its the first time I have felt sick at all since I got here in June. Other than that I feel so healthy and my mind is somehow calmed.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mistaken_mystery
I'll be in Denali National Park from May 1st until September 20th.

Not because the end of the world, But because it's one of the nicer places to be a slave.

this guy sounds like he's in Denial Park.. if this dude is telling the truth...oy vey.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't mean to scare you but I couldn't possibly think of a worse place to be than along the pacific rim anywhere, should anything earth-shattering (pun intended) occur.

Central Canada would probably be your best bet.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mistaken_mystery

HAHA, many people have mentioned that area here but I would love it if you wrote me when you get up here, my email is [email protected] have fun on your trip and good luck.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I'm in an uncharted town in Kansas... But... I was born in KS.... Here in ks people started packing heat for "whatevers to come" its kinda ridicules... According to hopi creation myth... Sometimes the pole flips twice.. And they had boats... Truth is... There may be no safe zones really. I like to think I'm in one tho. :-)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Loki

Well... that does scare me a bit... I have already looked at the best entry point at getting inland if I need to. There is a river that will take me straight into Canada its about a 70mile trip but the option is there if I have to that where I'm headed. I will stay along the mountain ridges (attempt to) and make my way inland. SO I have though about it some. But thanks for scaring me anyway, as if there isnt enough to be freaked out about already lol.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loki
Honestly, I don't mean to scare you but I couldn't possibly think of a worse place to be than along the pacific rim anywhere, should anything earth-shattering (pun intended) occur.

Central Canada would probably be your best bet.

Extending down into the Northern US Prairies. One of the most geologically stable areas on the planet. Though, I wouldn't want to be here in a drought.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bestof83

Yeah I though about that area but isnt it sitting right on some fault? Or at least I think it is, also arent you sitting on top of some kind of mega volcano that is dormant at the moment?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Aw, Alaska is goin first lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join