It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In all seriousness would they really? Would the government really keep a shtf situation from the peo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I see this video talking about a "geological" pole shift on March 15 and I wonder why in the hell would they not tell people?

I mean it doesn't make sense. Wouldn't the few survivors that were picked up kill all remaining government officials? I remember seeing a apocalyptic type movie from like 95' called About Last Night or something like that. And in the movie there were news broadcasts stating the world was going to end. Even in Knowing they gave people some type of clue, so one would think or at least hope that they would tell us. Its they're job to!

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by packinupngoin

That’s because it’s not going to happen and “they” don’t exist......

If you read it on ATS there is a 98% chance you are reading BS.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

They dont say things for the benefit of the people. If they told us certain things chaos and panic would soon follow and the government would fail. They dont want to lose power. In all seriousness this is why

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Ignoring the example you gave, and address the issue, would they keep an event of that magnitude from us, I would say yes, as their control would be lost from the moment they said anything.. besides letting us know would put any plans they have to save themselves in jeopardy.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
if we were to get a SHTF, world end event, that is nukes, the plates shift, or an asteroid we the people would not be told , for one mass panic, for two, TPTB have there own little web of survivors that would know just before and long enough to go too the shelters we the not so important would be left to fend for our selves there is no evac plan, nor a way to save almost 7 billion people why do you think most of the world gave up on the duck and cover? CD in the USA yes we have them drills to see to the public's eye that yes the gov is doing some thing in reality there is nothing they can do until after the fact. EQ's hit with out waring asteroids pass by , and in the latest cases they did not about them till they passed, we are getting better at it, and the chances of this happening are about the same as getting hit by lighting, hit by a car, being shot, or ran over by a train, and yes we all know people do have that happen to them, but can we prevent it? the answer is, sadly no.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

Why are you even here if you believe that?

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Did you not see the movie 2012 ??!!!
It says so in the beginning of the "MOVIE"

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I don't believe the government would tell us. If the public was told that an event was going to occur that meant the end of life as we know it would mean mass panic and chaos. People would start doing things that they may have always wanted to do but didn't want to face the consequences .

Mostly they wouldn't want us knowing and trying to get in their nice safe government bunkers. They really believe that they'll be able to go underground for a few years and come out and take control again. I don't think the people that had to survive above ground all that time will be very happy with that. Especially when the survivors were given no warning while the government ran and hid. Makes me smile that they think that highly of themselves that they believe we'll listen to them again once they crawl out from under their rock. To me it would be the equivalent of tying a slab of raw meat to your ass and walking into the lion cage at the zoo. By that time the world will belong to those that were strong enough to survive.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

That’s because it’s not going to happen and “they” don’t exist...... If you read it on ATS there is a 98% chance you are reading BS.

And you spend your time on here why? To tell everybody else that they are spouting BS? Sounds like fun. And absolutely it would be kept from the public, for more benign reasons to prevent panic, for less honorable reasons to thin the herd. They would go to the underground bases, wouldn't have to worry.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet

That’s because it’s not going to happen and “they” don’t exist...... If you read it on ATS there is a 98% chance you are reading BS.

And you spend your time on here why? To tell everybody else that they are spouting BS? Sounds like fun. And absolutely it would be kept from the public, for more benign reasons to prevent panic, for less honorable reasons to thin the herd. They would go to the underground bases, wouldn't have to worry.

If the 2% is what he values then that is why he is here. You have to admit that the site has become a copy paste of alternative news sites and anyone that challenges the norm here gets ridiculed right away.

On topic, yes the government lies to us all the time. Clones meat is a great example. Hormones in beef is another. Democracy as a cover up for occupation of third world lands is another.

People in power look at their governed as assets and dont tell us anything.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

You have to admit that the site has become a copy paste of alternative news sites and anyone that challenges the norm here gets ridiculed right away.

Sadly, yes.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
They probably either wouldn't tell us and or would tell us at the last minute if it became too obvious or if word somehow got out and they were cornered into it. I think we have a right to know...they don't have the right to keep it from us or decide for us. Suppose there was someone or a lot of someones out there who could help with, say, the science. People have a right to know and to prepare or just to say goodbye.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
ya know, personally, i'd like to know if something was about to go down. but, the world governments would never tell us.. you have to think about what would happen.. think about if they announced an asteroid headed to earth, but they have a plan.. the people would never believe the catastrophe could be avoided, there'd be total chaos, people would just, run wild. there would be total anarchy, murders, rapes, robberies. whole cities would burn to the ground, the global infrastructure would disappear, the world economy would collapse. and then, IF, even through all the trouble, the government(s) were able to stop, or divert said asteroid, the world would be in ruins. there would be nothing left, the survivors would probably starve to death, that is, the ones who weren't over run with disease from lack of medical attention and rotting corpses.
in the end, imho, it'd be better for people to either not know at all, or only find out toward the end

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity

They dont say things for the benefit of the people. If they told us certain things chaos and panic would soon follow and the government would fail. They dont want to lose power. In all seriousness this is why

Bingo! C.O.G. = Continuity of Government. Uncle Sam has been spending billions of your tax dollars for a very long time to make certain they & theirs will live well when the SHTF. They have the power, and they are not about to give up any of it.

Besides, it is not prudent for government or media to cause public unrest or civil disturbance even in the face of impending doom. If all the paved roads are littered with motor vehicles it is impossible for emergency and military vehicles and personnel to reach their destinations.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

I'm tired of seeing doomsday prophecies. What bothers me is that people DO fall for it and it ruins lives. These people give up on life and throw it all away just like a gambler would. It needs to stop. It should be a crime to start these because it's like a forest fire once it gets out of control. I think this is especially true for people who attempt to appear honest and genuine. For people who deliberately lie or even believe their own story, these are hte kind of people that need to be stopped UNLESS the government can, within reason, determine they're correct. Otherwise, they should be judged in court in support of the common interest of every citizen.

The 2012 doomsday scenario is garbage and anybody falling for it's throwing themselves away.

I truly have my trust in modern day science. Scientists may not know everything, but they would probably see something like this. If they missed it, then I'm willing to suffer from our mistakes. We're not perfect. But I'd rather put my faith in science than in baloney.
edit on 5-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
In one word YES! Because first of all they are pathological liars. With incidents like the Lusitania, USS liberty, gulf of Tonken, manhatten project, 9/11 and hundreds of others why would you expect them to tell the truth?

They have built underground communities and expect to ride things out and come out and be the princes of the earth and rule with an iron fist. Why would they tell us so more people could prepare and potentially survive to destroy them.

The movie 2012 was wrong in the end of how they would react when all the people were let on to the ships. They would not have thought twice about leaving them to die.

Still they are over estimating the physical earth upheavals most will survive and they will of course deny they knew and try and continue their dominance of he human race but will not fly.

They are the ones that need to be removed eventually so we can move fully into thenew age of peace.
edit on 5-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I absolutely think that they would tell us. Of course this would be from their nice cozy bunkers hidden away from such events. Even then, depending on what the shtf scenario it was, it would probably be the day of the event. Chaos and mass panic only matters if they are there, not when they are hiding. They don't give a bowl nugget about us. Ironic though....it is we the people that make them. When everyone is gone but them, who will they rule over?

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I doubt anything like that will ever happen. The only possibility in my opinion is nuclear warfare.
But for the sake of discussion SAY that a meteor hits and they were all safe in their bunkers.

We - the survivors - need to BURY them inside.

I'm being serious though. BURY them. Pile dirt in front of the doors. Their underground base can also be the "elites" tomb.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

I was talking about this with my wife earlier today. First, I don't see how people would be able to keep such a thing secret. The other thing is I find hard to believe is that it's just the United States who knows about this supposed "shift". I tend to think that if information of this magnitude were true it would be knowledge of hundreds or maybe thousands all around the globe, not just those "secret" US scientists who are locked up and threatened with death if they speak the truth.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerpower

For the 2% that's actually worth reading...

As for a secret SHTF scenario - maybe, but I think it would be hard for something like that to remain secret. But Climate-Change is an interesting example, the current generation in positions of power (baby-boomers) aren't taking it seriously at all, and its going to be gen-y and z(?) that are going to be left with a bunch of crap to deal with in the coming decades. All the information is out there, everyone just ignores it and media gate-keepers down play it and the politicians dont take it seriously.

Consider the following things that are going to REALLY start manifesting this decade.

Peak Oil
Arable Land shortages
Food Shortages
Water Shortages
Climate-Change
Biodiversity Loss
Bee population diminishing
The failure of Capitalism
Peak Credit
The Rise of China (and Chinese-style Capitalism)
Overpopulation
Continued Automation
Possibly AI
Possibly Technological Singularity
Unusual Solar Activity
The Aging Population
Displaced Peoples
etc
etc
etc

Not to mention the revolutionary potential that goes with all these.

So its not like its a secret, everyones just passing the buck down the line, and its gonna stop soon, probably on the youngish gen-xers and older gen-y's especially - to get us all out of this mess.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join