It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If M Theory is accurate, there may be aliens walking around us, all the time.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I see the occasional post from individuals that insinuate things like, "scientific thinking means you're close minded." I recently was doing a bit of research on M Theory, and it's almost shocking how incredibly "open minded" some of the worlds leading physicists actually are.

M Theory essentially states that our universe lies within a thin paper like "membrane" in what's called the "bulk." Within the bulk, other membranes that essentially equate to other dimensions are stacked on top of ours like stacks of paper.

String theory suggests that the most primordial of quantum particles are string-like and not a fixed tiny sphere. These "strings" vibrate in certain ways and create the well known atomic structures existing in our universe and dimension. Different vibrations open up the possibility that entirely different dimensions, or membranes, can exist within the space occupied by our universe. In other words, an alien being comprised of atomic particles in that second membrane could be right next to you, at any given time, entirely out of your perception.

At this very moment, we have brilliant scientists blasting protons at near the speed of light into one another in an attempt to find a graviton, the particle that carries gravity. What they're actually looking for is a trace that the graviton has moved to a different membrane (dimension) as a result of the high energy collision.

If these theories are fully proven (and it's certainly looking like it's only a matter of time), it opens a mindblowing amount of possibilities for the kinds of life that exists in what should more accurately be called the multiverse.

You guys should really check this out, it's EXTREMELY interesting/entertaining and it should change the way you think about alien life. It also does a good job of instilling a sense of just how infinitesimally "small" we really are:

"The Universe" History Channel, Episode "Parallel Universes"

edit on 29-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Even from a young age, I often thought this to be true. Before any knowledge of science.

Not sure why, but since reading some of this stuff, it all seems familiar.

Edit: i don't necessarily mean aliens. But what I mean is the unexplored paths of conscious decisions that never were.. Parallel lives, time jumps, etc.

edit on 29-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Yes string theory is very interesting... thanks for the post

I've done some research on this, but haven't seen that vid thx

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I don't know, extreme theories for me are too much thinking. I stick to the very basics, and still a very deep believer in aliens, but not much believer in anything else people have to say lol.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaosinEngaged

I think this theory is plausible.

S&F

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaosinEngaged
I see the occasional post from individuals that insinuate things like, "scientific thinking means you're close minded." I recently was doing a bit of research on M Theory, and it's almost shocking how incredibly "open minded" some of the worlds leading physicists actually are.

Yes but, do you believe in psychic functioning? Would you attempt to contact these nearby M-theory aliens with psychic ability, through mystical means?

My litmus test for the open-mindedness of a "scientific thinker" is their knowledge, if any, of parapsychological literature and mystical literature. Not their knowledge of M theory.

edit on 29-1-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
This would explain Djinn which are mentioned in the Qur'an. They are were we get Genies from supposedly they are invisible to humans and are made of smokeless fire. They can see humans but humans cant see them unless the Djinn wants to be made known to the human.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

I concur the m theory is awesome from a scientific perspective.I know they have results from the hadron collider that confirm the dimension outside. Unsure but they managed to smash to particles and ,believe it or not brought through an particle that weighed 100 times what it normally should.www.dailygalaxy.com...
and
www.physorg.com...
www.crystalinks.com...
i actually believe that once we understand the super symmetry of strings in a multi dimensional M theory universe ,we will be able to send dual particle objects across spacetime and get our we things to appear in their sky for observation in realtime.
technically its what all astronomers and scientists are striving to find and understand any inverse laws that will allow the opening of a wormhole into the 11th dimension and travel along each string,although we are a long way of.really its like a realtime telescope ,except seeing at the other end at distance,like sending the lense across interstellar space and being connected to it.
i hope that was`nt too much to relate.
edit on 29-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Thanks for the video. I've always been interested in just this type of stuff!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Very interesting. I read about string theory in high school. What's interesting (depending on the type of string theory) is that there are 3 dimensions of space, and the other 7 dimensions are extensions of space overlapping each other. And when we talk about spiritual philosophy, there are 7 different planes of existence.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Just watched it - good show for sure.

I hate to say it though, but even if all these extra dimensions & membranes & infinity exist, it still doesn't answer the ultimate question: Why does any of this exist at all?

They can make the universe as complicated and as magical as they want, but eventually you have to look into the mirror and let the mirror look into you.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

ties in with holographic universe theories also....

from studying various forms of mysticism / religions / science, I have always believed they are all varying ways of describing the same thing with absolute parallels and similarities.

I believe neutrinos and harmonics are the keys to understanding and realising many such theories.

edit on 29-1-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Its so simple you would find it ridiculous. Once you realize the truth of the reality you exist in, you can forget everything you have created to know.

At the most basic fundamental level of physics science is slowly but surely discovering that our intention and thought, our focus, and observation is the root cause for the reality we have created.

Everyone looks at the universe as if it is an objective entity existing outside of the self. This is not true. This is the lie. The fact is this, you are whats creating reality. You are the electromagnetic current polarizing experience and explaining the relationships of the universe that cause its current existence.

Your mind is the universal creator.

You energy is the same current of energy causing the magnetic fields to stay strong as they are throughout the universe.

The universe is layed out exactly as your connectors are mapped out in your mind.

Astrology is a map of the mind.

Forget everything.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Yeah for sure there are so many paradox`s in science that I have came to a conclusion that einstein and de beor are both correct as mad as that sounds.
Heres the analogy,our brains have two lobes,one is rational(einstonian),the other is chaos(Quantum),now taking that into account it explains how we think and are conscious the two argueing with each other as to what is real or unreal,so sure I`ll agree with you.
Another point is our brains are said to function as holograms,in otherwords when some is damaged the information reforms in another part of the Brain.So yeah,hologram fits right in there as well,its like were all physical einstonian bodies but are recievers of quantum fluctuations of spacetime in a holographic membrane universe..
I should get the part in the next back to the future,were quantum fluxing

You can even see the logic in parallel universes as it would explain why matter only makes up 5% of the universe and how each of us has a definitive personality.
edit on 30-1-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

S&F I Like this one!

Yes, like the way you think. To look at science properly we must see that it is a study of literally EVERYTHING; our universe, our galaxy, our planet, our bodies, our "laws," our objects, all of it. It must be approached with almost a childlike ignorance as well as a logical wisdom because we constantly astounded by scientific discoveries because we could not even imagine them before. Science as we know it is something that must be constantly questioned in order for our understanding to progress because we often discover our theories are wrong or just "not quite right."
Throughout ancient texts (even if you are considering the Bible, the Torah and the Quran) there are mentions of spirits and beings who are all around us constantly yet we cannot see them. I have read some extraterrestrial encounters were the beings seemed to dissipate into/out of thin air. Some of these instances might be evidence of this. Many people to this day believe that there are spirits all around them yet they cannot see them or they are on another "plane" or dimension.
You're guess is valid and personally I've felt that this might be true for some time. Though, that's just my opinion and I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I may be mistaken, but I thought if matter from one dimension purposely interacted with matter from, say, the second, that it would self-terminate? In other words, we could never interact with any matter from another dimension because quantum organization and essentially matter from our dimension wouldn't "fit" in another dimension?

At any rate, this is without a doubt one of the most interesting things in theoretical physics today. It gives some scientific backing to the possibility of life in other dimensions. The only question is would it ever be feasible to interact with them?

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFuzzMonster

What I would find thoroughly interesting:

One day we find theoretically possible ways of crossing into other dimensions, or at least some part of our being phasing into them. If it's possible with that directionality, the reverse must be as well.

Does that, in itself, give any explanation to accounts of ghosts, demons, and all other manner of paranormal "encounters" on earth?

It's really mindblowing to consider the implications of M theory being a scientific reality. It seems the possibilities are endless.

edit on 30-1-2011 by SaosinEngaged because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Follow this train of logic:

At one time, the earth was flat and the center of the universe with the sun revolving around us. Then we discovered that, in fact, we are revolving around the sun, and that the sun was part of a galaxy, but that our galaxy is the entire universe. Then we realize, there's BILLIONS of galaxies in a near-infinite amount of space.

Where's this going? We continually have an egocentric view of all that is, and continuously we are shown a larger system inside an even larger system. Where does it end?

It's funny, watching that episode I linked for you guys, I kept thinking of the last scene in MiB where the alien hand is playing "marbles," with each marble being a galaxy.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gringoboy

I concur the m theory is awesome from a scientific perspective.I know they have results from the hadron collider that confirm the dimension outside. Unsure but they managed to smash to particles and ,believe it or not brought through an particle that weighed 100 times what it normally should.www.dailygalaxy.com...]

I read through your links but could not find a reference to a particle "weighing" 100 times what it should. I can believe they said 100 times more massive but weight depends on extrinsic factors such as a locality's gravitational field. When talking about elementary particles, we don't use weight, we use mass, both rest mass and relativistic mass. And it is now the convention to use electron volts of energy to describe masses, instead of kilograms/pounds, etc. So a proton has a rest mass of .938 GeV, which relates to 1.67e-27 kg. When a particle is moing at near c (speed of light), it undergoes a mass dilation. The formula is that the total mass equals the rest mass times 1 divided by the square root of 1 minus (the speed of light squared divided by the velocity squared). If it would be traveling at the speed of light then it would be msub0 times 1 divided by 1 minus c^2 over c^2, which would work out to one divided by 1 minus 1, or 0, and you can't do that. You can't divided by 0 - it results in an infinity. But at somewhat less than c, it would be easy to get a 100-fold increase in mass. Just not weight.
M theory is fun, but the math is horrific.

posted on Jan, 30 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Yeah, I've always thought that the universe and beyond is just a giant fractal and it never ends. I believe the same can be said with even the smallest particles in the universe. As long as you expect something to be there, there always will. I think I've heard this statement in the holographic universe theory which is also a head-scratcher once you fully understand what it is proposing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join