It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Sarah Palin blamed by the US Secret Service over death threats against Barack Obama

www.telegraph.co.uk

Sarah Palin's attacks on Barack Obama's patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.

The Secret Service warned the Obama family in mid October that they had seen a dramatic increase in the number of threats against the Democratic candidate, coinciding with Mrs Palin's attacks.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Politics isn't really my thing, but nonetheless I still pay attention to whats going on (or so I think).

All the blaming and pointing the finger really doesn't do anything except add to the negativity people have on certain sides and whatnot.

I kinda miss being a kid, when the only thing I knew was who the current President was at the time.

Meh..

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Seems like this is from before he was president, as it calls him the future president.. but ya

By Tim Shipman in Washington 2:01PM GMT 08 Nov 2008
edit on 1/11/2011 by deanyo because: Took the from below the video ad on the article...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Now I don't like Palin, largely because I've yet to agree with more than two consecutive words out of her mouth, but surely there comes a point where she has to be given a break?

She may be thicker than two short planks, she may have often bigoted views, but at worst she's a bit of a dim elitist.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is toxic.

Dumber than Bush, and with more extreme views - god help you guys if she ever gets into office.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by deanyo

FTA: By Tim Shipman in Washington 2:01PM GMT 08 Nov 2008

So yeah, it is a couple years old at this point in time.

ETA: deanyo beat me to it

edit on 11-1-2011 by BiggyMcBigPants because: Info was already posted upthread

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
she is a horrid women...
kx

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggyMcBigPants

Haha, I just barely beat ya!

But ya guys, its an old article.. maybe relevant, but I was thinking it was a big deal because of recent events, when actually, it has nothing to do with it haha

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deanyo

On the contrary, I feel this only serves to highlight that for years now people have been saying that Palin's words are dangerous. All the people rushing out to defend her in light of recent events are doing an amazing job of missing the fact that this is not a new complaint against Palin. I guess we all just want to wait until someone does shoot someone in her name before she learns to talk like a grownup.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, so which secret service is they referring to as i am need of some RR since the last 4 days have been non stop transit for myself.

link   
"You don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

Barack Obama

link   
This article is not breaking news. It's years and years old.

Is the point that Palin ignites people into murder?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I have to say that, while I tend to want to hold people responsible for their actions, there is an unusual amount of people who will side with an 'authority figure' rather than bother through the research themselves. As such, Politics and the campaigning for votes is really just a popularity contest amongst a reactive and at times impressionable public.

Palin may shoulder some indirect blame for some current attitudes in our populace or at the very least may shoulder some blame for exasperating opinions and perceptions. And all for her profit as I don't think that she is anything more than a contentious public figure with no hope for the acquisition of any office.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Words don't kill people.

Governments do.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Assuming this is true, the Secret Service does not engage in political debate. They must, as a function of their job, investigate every threat they receive against the POTUS. For them to have stated that there is a direct correlation between Palin and threats against the POTUS there must be evidence. They probably won't let you in on the evidence, but rest assured they have proof.

I will also note I haven't heard of the secret service giving interviews or anything, so I'm not sure how the info was attained.

This article is from 2008, Obama was given Secret Service protection during the election because of the number of documented threats against him, it was discussed all over during that time.
edit on 11-1-2011 by searching4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Sarah Palin is toxic.

Dumber than Bush, and with more extreme views - god help you guys if she ever gets into office.

I agree with this very, very much.

However, I disagree with the connection between the death threats and Palin. This is a very transparent attempt at silencing political speech from the opposing party. THAT is amazingly frightening.

link   

Originally posted by budski
Sarah Palin is toxic.

Funny....
We said this about Obama down at the motorcycle shop....

link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

So we're gonna blame Palin for the stupid, not to mention illegal, action of a relatively few blowhard idiots? What's new?

No one forced these numb-skulls to make threats, or any other numb-skull that might voice antipathy/violence towards her.

No one is to blame for these threats, old though they are, other than the person(s) who made them. Not Palin, not Limbaugh, not the liberal press, not talk radio, no one except the delusional sociopathic morons who make them...

It's a sign of the times, I guess... We need a scapegoat to blame for the ills of the world...rather than blaming the actual perpetrators of that ill.

Do carry on...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

I Understand its not a new complaint, and personally, I dont care much for Palin, at all. But both sides use violent terms, its not just limited to her. Some one posted a thing somewhere on here that had all the "violent" things Obama has said. Im not defending anyone, just simply felt that the post was a little misleading, not necessarily on purpose. But like she recently has been saying things that are causing the Presidents life to be threatened. Ill see if I can find the posting with the snippets from Obama if you'd like, gotta go for the moment, be back in a hour or so.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Exactly! We shouldnt threaten people, but theres a thin line that needs to be adhered to, cuz if we start censoring anything that sounds 'bad' pretty soon we won't have any freedom left..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join