It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Grabbing Congress Critters Come Out of Woodwork After Giffords Shooting

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You have to admit though, if Laughner hadn't have had access to firearms then this incident would not have occurred.

Just saying.....

Maybe... Maybe not. His reality and paradigm is not yours.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Way to cherry-pick your statistics there. You are comparing firearms deaths to motor vehicle accidents?

You may wish to google the word 'accident' .

How about this statistic: The country with the most number of firearms per capita, Switzerland, is also in the bottom ten percent for gun-related crimes.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacekc929
Haha, I love it. Everyone on here is bringing up the Constitution. Valid, valid... well, sorta...

How's this for ya: The Constitution specifically says: "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Nowhere does it specify which type of arms the citizenry can have - it merely says that we are allowed to bear arms. Arms can be rifles; pistols; AK-47s; nukes; it can cover just about anything, honestly. Do you think that it's our God-given right to be able to have nukes in our house, which we can use against the government whenever we don't agree? Should we be like people in the Middle East, who give AK-47's to the children?

You people are being silly! Gun control is absolutely necessary so that we don't have problems like this! Yes, we're allowed to have arms, and yes, the government absolutely cannot and will not take away the citizens' right to keep weapons. However, it is only people without common sense who think that there shouldn't be any limits or control of this process. It's not a liberal thing - it's a common sense kinda thing. I don't want the guy living next door to me to have access to nukes, and honestly, I doubt you do either, and it would really suck if 10 year old Mikey down the street pulled an AK-47 on 9 year old Tommy, wouldn't it? Let's have some common sense here folks.

edit to add: in case it wasn't clear... Mikey not being allowed to get an AK-47 IS a form of gun control

edit on 1/12/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

I think the laws are already on the books preventing minors from owning such guns.After all you have to be at least 18 to buy one.

It is up to the parent to keep any such weapons away from the children.Besides I doubt this has ever happened in America,but I could be wrong.

Having a nuke in a home is kinda hard to have I think,because it is so heavy and expensive.Not only that the person would have to be suicidal to make it explode.

posted on Feb, 11 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

It is only a matter of time, unless we as citizens of this country actually start standing up for our rights and our constitution like the the Egyptians and British. TPTB have slowly been eroding our rights away since 9/11, and probably before that but that's before my time.

The NRA is a huge organization with the money and influence to actually keep this from happening but then again maybe that isn't even enough. IDK what the future will bring but I hope for the best.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

You have to admit though, if Laughner hadn't have had access to firearms then this incident would not have occurred.

Just saying.....

Maybe... Maybe not. His reality and paradigm is not yours.

If Mr Gelman had not come across a knife, then maybe this morning I wouldn't have woke up to a BBC headline announcing the stabbing of 4 innocent people.

US man 'kills four people' in New York 28-hour rampage

sigung86 should we ban knifes?

Sri Oracle

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join