It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Grabbing Congress Critters Come Out of Woodwork After Giffords Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

www.infowars.com

The shooting of Rep. Giffords and others by a mentally deranged man in Arizona has brought anti-Second Amendment ghouls out of the shadows.
Dedicated gun-grabber Sen. Frank Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat, is renewing his effort to chisel away at the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. “The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market,” Lautenberg said on Monday following the weekend shThe poster child for the destruction of the Second Amendment, New York Democrat Rep. Carolyn Mc
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
In short, according to Helmke, the Second Amendment is responsible for Loughner’s rampage. Not the gunman, but the founders.

Apparently to these liberal half wits, the actions of one crazy loony, should permit the infringement of other law abiding citizens rights?

Even the liberals over at the Huffington Post admit many Americans support the Second Amendment and any attempt to diminish the amendment will be an uphill battle.

www.infowars.com

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Side note, I wonder even if these politico's managed to abolish the 2nd Amendment, I wonder?, do they really think those of us who are law abiding citizens are just gonna hand over our guns?

Most likely, it would be all out war, and by rights, there should be!

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
They are terrified of the citizenry.

Bout time.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

You have to admit though, if Laughner hadn't have had access to firearms then this incident would not have occurred.

Just saying.....

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Guns are only a tool.

Any tool can be used for the wrong purpose.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded

www.infowars.com

The shooting of Rep. Giffords and others by a mentally deranged man in Arizona has brought anti-Second Amendment ghouls out of the shadows.
Dedicated gun-grabber Sen. Frank Lautenberg, a New Jersey Democrat, is renewing his effort to chisel away at the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. “The only reason to have 33 bullets loaded in a handgun is to kill a lot of people very quickly. These high-capacity clips simply should not be on the market,” Lautenberg said on Monday following the weekend shThe poster child for the destruction of the Second Amendment, New York Democrat Rep. Carolyn Mc

Starred and flagged.

If there was a god, Frank Lautenberg would be in prison. He is just about the single biggest crook in congress.

It will blow over. They can all kiss my gun-toting tuckass.

+15 more 
posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

You have to admit though, if Laughner hadn't have had access to firearms then this incident would not have occurred.

Just saying.....

Bull.

He would have stolen a gun from somewhere. Or maybe just made a nice cheap gasoline bomb. A nut is a nut, but no reason to limit my rights, thank you.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
This tragedy is being used to try and limit our rights and freedoms to bear arms, just like Wikileaks publishing is being used to try and limit our rights and freedoms of speech and of the press.

The American Constitution is on the table in North American Union negotiations - a trade deal about "security."

Uh huh.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
Side note, I wonder even if these politico's managed to abolish the 2nd Amendment, I wonder?, do they really think those of us who are law abiding citizens are just gonna hand over our guns?

Most likely, it would be all out war, and by rights, there should be!

Actually yes law abiding citizens will hand over their firearms in droves because if the 2nd amendment were to be theoretically removed then its no longer legal to possess firearms, thus the majority of firearms owners would do the right thing and hand them over because the law is the law; even if you don't agree with it you still have to follow it or face the consequences. I wouldn't like to be put in such a situation but if the law states it as such then I have no recourse but to comply with the law, no matter how stupid or moronic it may be.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I'm an Aussie mate, I couldn't give a rats rectum what rights Americans do or do not have. All I know is that here in Australia you need a bloody good reason to own a gun - for instance pest control or farming etc. Very rarely do we get reports of people being killed by guns here. Knives - yes, but in your case I highly doubt the bloke would have been able to kill 6 people and wound many others with just a knife.

And planting a bomb and blowing them up is a whole different ballgame to inserting a magazine and squeezing the trigger.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The facts still remain, that guns are only inanimate objects. Its all within the hands of the beholder. And yet these leftist freaks wish to abolish a right, all because the actions of a few? How does one draw that conclusion? It amazes me how idiotic these views are?

And notice, they never submit actual " numbers " with their cry foul attempts? Never any statistics that show there are more deaths in this country caused by other means. Guns, believe it or not, have a very small percentage of deaths.

source ; webappa.cdc.gov...

also:

Firearms 3,951 2.5% 2,272 0.9% 1,941 0.4% 1,723 0.2% 600 0.1% 18 5.1%

Motor Vehicle Accidents 5,361 3.3% 3,506 1.5% 3,038 0.7% 3,173 0.5% 1,288 0.2% 26 7.3%

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Here is what I don't get...

People (including kids) get shot and die every single day but suddenly this whole thing happens and everyone is all upset. What about everyone else? Where is their uproar? Why is it that this particular group gets so much more attention than all the others? Its ridiculous.

I don't think that gun control is the answer. Loughner was basically crying out for help all over the place leading up to the incident. Why didn't anyone reach out? If people weren't so worried about "sticking their nose where it doesn't belong" maybe it could have been prevented. There are situations where it is entirely appropriate to NOT mind your own business and get involved and this could have been one of them!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Way to cherry-pick your statistics there. You are comparing firearms deaths to motor vehicle accidents?

You may wish to google the word 'accident' .

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Just saying.....

Then you also " have to admit":
If Laughner hadn't had access to oxygen; a ride; or the congresswoman; this wouldn't have happened either
Your logic is as thin as a sheet of paper.and not the nice 20lb bond stuff either.
edit on 11-1-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-1-2011 by 46ACE because: spacesadded...

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

That is very weak reasoning. You are comparing access to a gun to access to oxygen, the taxi and the congresswoman?

Wow. I had always thought the 'right to bear arms' argument was illogical but now I know why.

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You should care:

Australia invoked massive gun control following a mass murder

From: Ed Chenel, A police officer in Australia Hi Yanks, I thought you all would like to see the real figures from Down Under. It has now been 12 months since gun owners in Australia were forced by a new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by our own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 6.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 9.6 percent ; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. (Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not and criminals still possess their guns!) While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly, while the resident is at home. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in "successfully ridding Australian society of guns." You won't see this on the American evening news or hear your governor or members of the State Assembly disseminating this information. The Australian experience speaks for itself. Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding citizens. Take note Americans, before it's too late!

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The problem with these libs is that they don't understand that our rights are God given! They prefer not to believe in a higher power than the government. That's why we have all these inane "debates" about our rights. We don't have any rights to commodities (healthcare, education, etc), only rights inherent to being human (life, liberty, free pursuits). They prefer a wienie lawyer turned legislator whittle our freedom down to a nub.

If I hear one more defense of the 2nd in hunting/sporting terms I'm gonna flip my lid...Why do we need guns? Because when tyranny shows up, THEY will have guns. Why do we need hi-cap mags? Because when tyranny shows up, THEY will have hi-cap mags. Am i pissed I can't own an automatic weapon? Yes! Why? Because when tyranny shows up THEY will have automatic weapons!

And I'd like to add, which side do you want to be on when the proverbial SHTF? The side petrified in fear of an unloaded sidearm sitting on the table? Or the side that knows what it is, how it works and what to do with it?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

If you look at the attached link, you would see the scale of all deaths and there percentages. Not just by " accidents", but deaths in a whole. Or did you not get that far? You simply started to comment without reviewing the stats?

posted on Jan, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If anything the Tuscon shooting should be a case of why the US needs universal health care. The shooter was obviously unstable, had been flagged by his college and others that he needed help but they way health care works in the US it would have cost him more to see a mental health expert once than it cost him to purchase a gun. Had we had a system where the shooter could have been offered help for free before all this mess maybe the outcome would have been better.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join