It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Birds Dieing All Over The World!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+66 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is some creepy stuff. Birds are dieing all over the world, not just Arkansas. Some are claiming its a deadly strain of H5N1 bird flu virus. But why now?

It seems that many of the dead birds are popping up in areas that feed from the gulf of Mexico where the BP oil spill was. I'm starting to think that their immune systems maybe compromised by all the toxins that they are now carrying around in conjunction with the new bird flu virus is killing them off.

Read for yourself. (These are just a small portion of the stories coming in all over the world):

Recent:
Arkansas:
Town Puzzled after Dead Birds Fall from the Sky
State commission says dead fish now cover 20-mile section of Arkansas River

Louisiana:
Mass Louisiana bird deaths puzzle investigators

Manitoba, Canada:
10 of 1000's of dead birds are found in Manitoba Canada

Kentucky:
More Dead Birds Found In Kentucky Identical To Birds in Arkansas Media Downplays Find
Woman reports dozens of dead birds in her yard

Japan:
Japan Is on High Alert as a Virus Infiltrates Bird-Heavy Regions

South Korea:
Dead Teal Ducks With Bird Flu Strain Found In South Korea

Chile:
Thousands of Birds fall from the sky in South America

Kaziranga, India:
Bird Flu Scare in Kaziranga, Birds Found Dead

Older Articles:
California:
Hundreds Of Birds Found Dead At Local Reservoir

Texas:
Hundreds of birds found dead on island beaches

Tasmania:
Birds perish after marathon migration

Ukraine:
1,500 birds found dead in Ukraine

Indiana:
Dozens of Dead Birds Found in Ripley County Neighborhood
edit on 1/4/2011 by Choronzon because: formatting fixes..

+122 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Only when the last tree has died, the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize that we cannot eat money.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm not able to add anything much to the thread,
but I do feel the whole situation does seem on the strange side.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As someone stated in another thread. Our wildlife is like the caged parakeet in the coal mine.
When something this wide spread happens, something is amiss, no matter how the "authorities" decide to play it off to the public.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Seems odd that in some cases it is happening in very constrained areas like just over certain roads or fields. This seems to be targeted.
My gut instinct says something is being sprayed or tested in confined areas.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
and argentina...although Im not sure this ones as recent...

here

link   
double post...ooops
edit on 4-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Is there any possibility that Corexit and/or oil from the spill would coagulate once the body of the bird/fish reaches a certain temperature?

Deposits of oil may have caused strokes?

who knows?

NATURAL SELECTION???

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
CNN Story

Just read the same thing on CNN..This is pretty creepy..

The birds they found in Ark. have not been poisoned..and I don't buy the whole trauma from fireworks theory..

SCARY to say the least.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I found this on CNN a few mins ago and i just dont belive it..its total BS and being played down in the media
(CNN) -- The thousands of birds that fell from the sky just before midnight New Year's Eve in Arkansas likely died from massive trauma, according to a preliminary report released Monday.

The birds, most of which were dead when they were found, were red-winged blackbirds and starlings. They were found within a one-mile area of Beebe, about 40 miles northeast of Little Rock, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission said.

Keith Stephens, a spokesman for the commission, said the birds showed evidence of trauma in the breast tissue, with blood clots in the body cavity and a lot of internal bleeding. All major organs were normal.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
ALSO Chesapeake Bay Fish Kill:

www.wbaltv.com...

cold water?stress? whatever...

+40 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It's all well and good to just google dead birds and post up all these links to bird deaths but you need common ground to connect them, none could be connected with each other, apart from possibly Arkansas and Kentucky and the two Asian bird flu cases...but the rest can't be connected, the pelicans have physical injuries to them and the penguins starved to death.

What you're doing is mindless fear mongering, stop and think about it first.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This is very interesting. I know that in my part of New York State that many people have been getting a monster flu bug since before Christmas; Fever, vomiting, diarrhea, hallucination, etc. A few people I know have been hospitalized for it, and the MD's seem to think that it is just a nasty run of the flu. Have any of you heard about these in your respective areas? I wonder if this is somehow related to this massive bird die-offs.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker
edit on 4-1-2011 by truthseeker1984 because: for grammar

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Trauma from falling, but the clots and bleeding could have occurred at any time.

Clotting takes some time.....

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I found this on CNN a few mins ago and i just dont belive it..its total BS and being played down in the media.

What should the media be doing? freaking out? Spreading panic? How about they report facts. You know, report on what is currently known, rather than speculate. I'm sure that once the cause of death is determined, then the media will conclude the story in the appropriate manner.

+14 more 
posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Hello,

I live in Arkansas, in the very town where this was first reported.

It is indeed interesting: the thousands of dead birds.

When this first took place, it was evident that the local authorities were taking every precaution they could reasonably take: teams walking around in hazardous-environmental-protection gear.

But, it needs to be remembered that this is not the first time this has taken place in history.

Years ago, a large group of ducks fell from the sky – what they eventually discovered was that the ducks got trapped in a jet stream, high in the atmosphere, which had temperatures deep below zero. This froze the ducks and they fell as a result.

I love a great conspiracy theory, or mystery, but we must first rule out natural phenomena before we immediately jump to wild theories and speculation.

This event is weird, needless to say, but if this continues to occur then we may need to start getting nervous, but not until then.

If I hear any more about this, since I live at “ground zero” so to speak, I’ll let everyone know.

My Best,

~Mentor

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
As this has happened in the past numerous times, it doesnt keep happening in such short periods of time. Multiple cases with different species is strange. I am leading to believe the oil spill may have something to do with it.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent Styx

I'm going to stick to the Phosgene theory until proven otherwise by an independant lab and not one govt funded

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
www.georgewashington2.blogspot.com...

And that’s what that Corexit does, it ruptures red blood cells, causes internal bleeding, and liver and kidney damage. …

The Gulf of Mexico is such a serious environmental disaster

As for the locations, not really sure just yet.

posted on Jan, 4 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
For the THIRD time in similar posts....BIRDS ARE NOT DYING IN MANITOBA!! Check your sources please. I am in Saskatchewan....nothing on local news...AT ALL! SHEESH!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join