It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sexist Female Oppression? Cleavage In The Workplace

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Personally, here is how I feel. Being asked to cover up my nuts, when the office does not require uniforms, is oppressive, and a conspiracy against men. Men have testicles. Some men, like me, have rather large testicles. I love my testicles, they are a part of me I refuse to hide them. Many of my shorts are V cut, because I enjoy showcasing my best asset and I would hope that my work would be what people judge, not my testicles.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
hotbakedtater

Show us some pictures so we can be more informed.

The problem is all this PC bull. I have had it with all the PC crap going on. I wish no one had ever even though of it.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Oh i agree stuman i know where you are coming from. Bring her up right inform her and more than likely she will turn out good and make the right decisions.

I have a 14 y/o son and a 14 y/o nephew. My sister was allowing my nephew to see this 14 y/o girl. I could tell she had issues. Anyways after a few months they stopped seeing each other. But i know she was pressuring him into something. I was around them one day and she was hanging all over him. She would also flirt with other guys with him right beside her lol.

My son has a facebook page and its full of girls on his friends list that are 13-15. Just about all if them have pictures trying to strike sexy posses and stuff!
edit on 16-12-2010 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by getreadyalready

Haha, trust me, when some spotty oik turns up at the door to "court" my daughter, the threats will be vivid and will be meant! It's the only langauge testosterone filled young men understand! If he plays ball and acts a gentleman, then there will be no issue. If he makes me a grandfather before I am 40, then I will kick his arse!

I'm a grandmother and I'm with you. My granddaughter is 10 - - and looks almost identical to Dakota Fanning - - except she is olive complected with big Green eyes (she is part Greek and Spanish). I've been really working on her about personal choice/personal responsibility.

I don't know about kicking someone's arse - - but I can swing a mean cast iron frying pan

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Ah the death of common sense, how I miss thee.

If you don't want to be treated like a sex object at work, don't dress that way at work. If you want to be considered on your work merits and not your other merits, dress appropriately for the environment.

edit on 16-12-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
To the original poster, sorry but it's because many employers view that as a sexual harassment time bomb waiting to go off. The flipside of how paranoid men can become in the workplace due to their own learned real life experiences may also be instructive:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 16-12-2010 by bigrex because: changed word usage

I bet there are plenty of men out there who could share examples of people they know who were wrongly or rightly accused of sexual harassment at work.
edit on 16-12-2010 by bigrex because: More info

edit on 16-12-2010 by bigrex because: word swap

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you come to work with your breast on display then I will Photo them or stare at them and look at you like a tramp.

Its about time women learned the rule of expectation.

Dress to impress has gone way over their heads.

What I am trying to say is do not dress for abuse within a professional environment.

Like they say "what you see is what you get".

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

As far as I'm concerned you can show whatever you want. I am used to it and it won't keep me from getting work done

-rrr

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bigrex

Too many women enjoy teasing men with their breasts.
Then if someone stares too long,or not long enough,the
woman screams sexual harassment.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I believe that a woman should not wear clothing that reveals too much. It sends businesses the wrong message, and it isn't sexist because they are working in a business environment. Not a job where you go to a club. Save the revealing clothes for the weekend.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

Her thing is trying to find a button up blouse that doesnt pucker twinx the Girls. She looks killer in a dress though!

I plain - flat out - won't wear a button up blouse.

It may take extra effort and time shopping - - but there is something for everyone - - in all kinds of fabrics and cuts. The Net is the greatest place ever for finding clothes to fit difficult body shapes.

I can tell you there is also great new designs in lycra/cotton fitness clothes - - - that are great for wearing under a top with a V neck.

There just are no reason for excuses anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have a big hairy and sometimes sweaty arse...I think it's time I wear v-cut shorts and show my hairy arse off around the office...or why not the bottom of my scrotum?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Well u should enjoy showcasing ur goods somewhere else instead of the workplace its WORK not the club where ur lookin for mr right

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by janon

lmao true story right here ^

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
I have a big hairy and sometimes sweaty arse...I think it's time I wear v-cut shorts and show my hairy arse off around the office...or why not the bottom of my scrotum?

well . . . there goes supper.

Funny thing, though . . . in some eastern European countries, you'd be considered a sweat lookin' lass!!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I think my buttcrack looks great.

My friends agree.

I should be allowed to walk around at work with my buttcrack showing without being subjected to being judged on how classy I am for doing so. It's buttcrack oppression against the minority of us that happen to have buttcracks. Fix it, big brother!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Promote women who show cleavage, and you're a sexist. Don't promote women who show cleavage, and you're a sexist.

There's no way to win here, is there?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

I just vomitted in my mouth

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I (We) were yelled at and told not to look at the two HR girls as they walked through the factory for no ostensible reason. They paraded themselves around knowing that they were far more attractive than anyone working on the factory floor. We were told "dont look at them, they get nervous". Why is that cool?DONT LOOK AT ANOTHER PERSON? They weren't Gods...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scooterstrats

That sounds like some kind of test. See who looks at them and figure out who could be threatened with sexual harassment? Weird situation.

One of the warehouses I worked in was kind of like that except the girls came out just to get attention. They knew the guys were looking at them and they loved it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join