It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The High Mayan Council Has Spoken for the First Time in 500 Years.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimistoned
hey everyone i have a question to everyone and believe me this z not a sarcastic one. .
Since there z bound to be a pole shift (whether in 2012 or later) wouldnt all magnetic fields be reversed. . and everything that works on magnetic fields (speakers etc) stop working?? Also since magnetic fields tend to ruin hard disks (i think) wont they be useless too. . ???
honest question. .

We'd be fine. We went to the moon and everything functioned swell there with no magnetic field. nobody lost their memory there..the electronics still worked.

Only if a big solar flare headed our way during that time would we be in trouble. And even then we'd just lose Direct TV and OnStar.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Well I'd like to know why exactly we must be so mystified by indigenous people all the time. If there is a natural cycle to magnetic moving about then it will happen but let's not call it any sort of magical, mystical experience having to do with failures of humanity to be nice or anything else.

The magnetic pole is presently not in agreement with the geographical north pole. No matter. We call the difference magnetic variation. OK so if it shifts some more down into Russia then it will be a new variation which will have to taken into account by those whose business is navigation. There is no reason to suppose that the arctic environments will move away from where they are now. This is because of the axis of the earth, not the magnetic fields of the earth. There is no indication that the axis must be affected by the magnetic field. Possible I suppose but I admit here that I am not sure about it. The axis is balanced with the rotational centers in the cores. We will see.

The bit about darkness for (what was it?) 30 hours makes no sense to me. The sun will still shine will it not? The earth will still rotate will it not? I mean if it stops we will all fall off. Also the disappearance of the magnetic field of the earth seems a bit much. The moment that happens our atmosphere will begin to be ripped away and we will all need to get underground for protection from solar radiation. So long as the relative movement between the inner and outer cores of our planet continue the result will be magnetism.

OK so if this happens let's not get all excited about secrets known only to """elders""" or other things that have that scary sound to them. The Maya have not been in existence for long enough to have charted any such cycles and the Hopi? Who knows? They may have been. Again though if it is a natural cycle then there is nothing to it that we cannot adapt to and our rights or wrongs as people have zero to do with it.
edit on 16-12-2010 by trailertrash because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I rode a mechanical bull one time in a bar, so I'm totally prepared for the earth-axis-pole-vault-reversal-magnetosphere ride. Although, I did have quite a bit to drink before hopping up on the bull. Since the magnetosphere pole ride could happen at any moment, that means I would have to just stay liquored up 24-7 and even though that's pretty much how I spent my college years, it is entirely out of the question now that I have a real job, a husband and kids.
Sooooooo, maybe I'm not as prepared as I thought I was.
Whew, thanks ATS for sticking with me as I worked out this dilemma.

Next issue up for discussion: Should I panic now, or later?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   

wcitizen

P 3,281 F 1,463 S 6,022
W 59 K 32member

posted on 15-12-2010 @ 20:24
I have read on a few sites now the same thing - that the Mayan Elders have recently spoken in more detail about the end times for the first time in 500 years. This information is fascinating. I have no way of confirming this with the Mayan Elders themselves, but what is being reported is important and worth being aware of.

Read more mayasoma.wordpress.com...

The High Mayan Council has spoken for the first time in 500 years. Truth has been revealed: “THE END OF TIME WINDOW HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND IT BEGAN ON OCTOBER 24, 2007 – (completing anytime from now until 2015). COMET HOLMES EXPLOSION HAS BEEN VERIFIED AS THE BLUE KACHINA. (This was the final Hopi sign that indigenous cultures awaited.) TOTAL LOSS OF MAGNETOSPHERE WILL SIGNAL A MAGNETIC POLE REVERSAL WHICH WILL SIGNAL A PHYSICAL POLE SHIFT 16 TO 17 DEGREES INTO RUSSIA. IT WILL TAKE APPROX. 20HRS AND THE WORLD WILL BE IN TOTAL DARKNESS FOR 30HRS. (Apparently this does occur approximately every 5200 years). MAYA ARE PREPARING FOR THE 13 CRYSTAL SKULL CEREMONY. 13 SKULLS…(Drunvalo has confirmed this fact), 1 SKULL FOR EVERY THOUSAND YEARS SINCE THE LAST POLE SHIFT. THE 1ST SKULL WAS MADE PRE-SHIFT BY THE ATLANTEANS, 12 SKULLS HAVE SINCE BEEN MADE BY THE MAYA (POST-SHIFT ATLANTEAN PRIESTS AND PEOPLES). THE COUNCIL GOES ON TO SAY THAT TECHNOLOGY IS NOT THE SIGN OF AN ADVANCED CIVILIZATION…ITS THE SIGN OF A CIVILIZATION ABOUT TO ADVANCE. MAYA HAVE BEEN THROUGH MANY POLE SHIFTS AND ARE PREPARING FOR THE NEXT ONE WHICH THEY SAY (AND CERTAIN SCIENTISTS AGREE) COULD HAPPEN ANY MINUTE…LOOK FOR THE MISSING OF OUR MAGNETOSPHERE.”

didn't the Olemics precede of the Maya by 800-1,000 years? the Maya were pretty recent civilization
best dates are 500AD-1500AD... so only their 'spirit' ancestors could have experienced many earlier
magnetic pole reversals ((the new age'ers say the last pole shift was 12,000 years ago))
~science disagrees~

from my personal dissecting of the "news" or forecast from the wordpress site... see OP for link

i am to understand that there will be a physical sliding of the Earths Crust so that a place in Russia,
some 17º from the present wandering North Magnetic Pole will become a new home to Santa Claus
(i.e.: north pole).

i must assume that the 30 hours of darkness will be the result of this sudden and dramatic sliding of the Earth crust to a new location...[ the axis tilt and spin rate will remain the same ]

just why will this sliding of the crustal skin over the molten Mantle cause 30 hours of darkness.?

The most reasonable answer i can come up with is that the Mantle 'Hot Spots' and other 'plumes' will be breaking through the crust at all those places where the present volcanos are...
places like Yellowstone, Vesuvius, Hawaii, Greenland/Iceland, the MidAtlantic Ridge, Etna, Fugi, all those Indonesian volcanos... they will all immediately become cold or dead volcanos...
as new eruption sites (moved by some 17º ) that are directly above the Mantels' hot spots
will be re-born, and spew ash and Earth into the atmosphere for at least those 30 hours
if not for a decade or more and contributing to northern hemisphere cooling.

I am very skeptical that the Earths crust could slide/shift any degrees at all, even if the crust is essentially 'floating' on a base of molten material we call mantle or magma in volcanos...
because the crust/land is not free-floating...it is forever sliding at the rate of contenental drift
(about 6 cm per year) which was proven by the monitoring of plate tectonics by the GPS system

i think the pseudo science of 'earth shift' is a product of fitting Bible verse to the practical world we are part of...to wit:

Rev 6:14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together;
and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. ...

thanks for the thread,
i reckon it was conceived as a part of 'deny ignorance'

edit on 16-12-2010 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
None of us have any way of knowing if this is true. I have a lot of respect for ancient wisdom, but don't know these elders personally. For me two things are true:

1. If it happens, and if it feels a bit wierd, and if there is no daylight for 30 hours or so, I will be more prepared and less likely to feel fear or panic, and hopefully can pass a bit of reassurance around to others.

2. The world needs more love and more balance, and imo the current systems of power, greed, exploitation and murder need to be dismantled and re-built on very different foundations. So, the message in that respect is spot on, as far as I am concerned.

Since the whole 2012 thing seems to have been based on Mayan propheciy, it seems good to hear from the Mayans themselves what they have to say. They are not predicting huge gloom and doom, the message is essentially a very positive one.

But, as is the case with pretty much every bit of information these days, we don't know if it's true...we'll just have to wait and see!

If there is any truth at all to the law of attraction, it can only be a good thing if we start to imagine what the world would be like if it was freed from the grip of the vermin who are running the show right now, how wonderful it would be for truth to be the norm, for genuine kindness and caring to be prevalent in all aspects of society, for there to be no more wars, no more people starving. No harm done at all by keeping that image in mind!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

I rode a mechanical bull one time in a bar, so I'm totally prepared for the earth-axis-pole-vault-reversal-magnetosphere ride. Although, I did have quite a bit to drink before hopping up on the bull. Since the magnetosphere pole ride could happen at any moment, that means I would have to just stay liquored up 24-7 and even though that's pretty much how I spent my college years, it is entirely out of the question now that I have a real job, a husband and kids.
Sooooooo, maybe I'm not as prepared as I thought I was.
Whew, thanks ATS for sticking with me as I worked out this dilemma.

Next issue up for discussion: Should I panic now, or later?

No panic, it's all good!

second

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It seems they were saying there is a coming magnetic pole shift with accompanying disturbances while this is occurring, but other than those who may be caught up in these disturbances everything will be hunky-dory. They give a time frame for this that could have started some three years ago until a few years from for this to occur. This seems to be apart from, but somewhat coinciding with, the mayan calendar date of 21 dec 2011 which is another matter. A few casulties expected but most will weather through it OK - kind of like in a moderately strong earthquake where one or two get crushed by their collapsing house and two or three others dying from a heart attack during the event, fear playing the larger role in resulting deaths.

I really think the Mayan calendar part may only be a the begining of a new celestial year as we begin the Aquarian age. I'm not sure astronomers have a hard boundary between these constellations or that it is any different than astrologers who use different methods of calculating the size of the various celestial houses. The boom in technological advances would seem to say a new age already started in the 20th century. One could only hope humankind would advance themselves as rapidly.

There is the present danger that some individual or faction now could or would initiate some global disaster and wipeout a large segment of humanity despite the Earth's disposition to go on spinning as usual. There is also the possibilities of some planetary invader like an asteroid, comet, etc., could trigger a massive event or a coming ice age or something of that magnitude, but in those circumstances there is little if anything we could do to forestall such calamities.

I see nothing wrong with our advancing technology or industrial boom. These are magnificent leaps in the capabilities of Man and I see no reason to stop such advancements or revert back to shepherds and the like, we need only to advance our beings and accept the burden of responsibility to accept and coexist in this new age.

I think it is just high time that The Children of God realize we have grown up and begin to accept adult responsibilities. It is time we accept our adulthood and begin to responsibly begin filling our parents shoes. Hopefully we will mature in these tasks and be responsible and worthy adults that can someday raise responsible and respectful children.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Keisha is NOT the spokesperson she claims to be. And Drunvala's real name is Bernard. But I guess that wouldn't sell as many books.
edit on 16-12-2010 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well, heres a problem. The post states that this shift occurs approx every 5200 years and that there a re twelve skulls, one for every thousnad years since the last pole shift. If i need to explain whats wrong with the math then thats not all you need explained to you.

I noticed the article mentioned Drunvalo. Melchizadek I presume. The guy who says he recieves information from an entity known as Toth.

Please for the love of god RESEARCH THE MYSTERY RELIGIONS OF THE ANCIENT WORLD and stop being led around like sheep.

Melchizadek is not Drunvalo's last name. I guaruntee it.
edit on 16-12-2010 by SoundTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SoundTheory

what you just described is the wave form leading to the manifestation
not bad math
guess you didn't check the link regarding research on previous poles shifts?
maybe you should check the part about the correlation to under sea volcanoes
or the current state of the earth's magnetic field.
or not...

edit on 16-12-2010 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This is very interesting...I find it funny that the Mayan's speak of needing to live from our hearts in order to acsend and as crazy as I feel I've been looking into the Galactic Federation of Light and they talk about the same things...Though I haven't figured out how people communicate with members of the Galactic Federation of Light...Still very new into all of this...Just the way their stories/prophecies compare with other things is interesting..

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
the world already ended in 2000.. .we're all experiencing our afterlife together.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok

Interesting find.
If this is true....why isn't the media all over it?
They love drama and stories.

I will say this, if I survive the shift, great, if not....at least I tried.

There are alot of things taking place that I feel no one knows about.
Either that or only the elite do.

It would be the opposite, they would try to keep us calm until the last moment, they wouldn't be allowed to cause unrest

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Same crap, different pile. We have been saying the same thing for a decade now.... I used to believe in 2012, pretty hard.

Don't you think its about time we grew up?

I don't want to grow up. Have you seen the way grown-ups act? Or the ridiculous things they believe in? Like bank accounts, social status, organized religion, 40-60 hour work weeks, prime time television. I've missed plenty.

Sure, 99% of prophecies are wrong or misinterpreted, but there's no reason to give up hope or wonder on the subject.

I've got a great job, great friends, my bills paid and everything else I need while still paying attention to all these senseless and outrageous prophecies. It's a whole lot more fun than believing in, say...the government...or this current bleeding society...or our awful mainstream media and entertainment.

I know most of it is nuts to begin with, so I don't invest my heart and soul into every date and prediction. But I watch with a grin on my face hoping maybe this time we're onto something.

Try believing lightly, not so hard. The Universe isn't black and white, neither should be our beliefs.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

My personal opinion is that the "great awakening" we're supposed to have in 2012 is everybody figuring out that all of these "end of the world" prophecies that we've been scaring ourselves with for thousands of years are just utter B.S.

Maybe on December 22, 2012, when we all realize that it was a bunch of horse manure, after all the Nostradamus stuff, Y2K, Nibiru, 2012, and all the rest have been proven to be mere errors in critical thinking, we can get on with solving our own problems using our own minds.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

This article contradicts itself by saying a pole shift happens every 5200 years and in the next sentence it says there are 13 skulls for every thousand years. I think I am reading it right and if I am it looks like someone slopped it together.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

All Caps.

So you know its true...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I think u missed the infamous Y2K or the end of the world in the year 2000???or the time when the computers will exterminate all mankind anda rule the world????......Actually there were people who really believe all this.,

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Why i wonder, did it take the Maya 'elders' 500 years to actually tell us this information?

Obviously, it's something that would have been known to them, so if they gave a toss about humanity they would have been telling the world to prepare for the last 500 years, not leave it until there's a couple of years left.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

There was a lot happening during Nam75 too, and during WW2. There were a lot of people during those times that also had a 'feeling'. We were a lot closer to the world ending during WW2 than we are right now. The time we are in right now isn't the only tense time we've ever been in, and it isn't the most tension we've dealt with by far. The world didn't end during WW2 or Nam, or any of the other wars. The second coming didn't happen, aliens didn't invade, Planet X didn't show up and we're all still here. Consider the past when your 'feeling' arises now and then, and I bet you'll realize that we've been in these situations many times before and all this 2012 crap is a bunch of bologna.

I could be wrong, but I also don't see any evidence yet. Just because the world is tense at the moment doesn't mean there is any truth in prophecy. Who knows, planet x may be around the corner, disclosure may come in a couple of years with an undeniable visit, but at the moment it's all just conjecture and entertainment. There are more important things to ponder at the moment than 2012.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join