It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Character attacking thread titles

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
I put $20 bucks that this site is owned by a Canadian !

I'll take that bet.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Can I get on some of that action; I need to finish Christmas shopping.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Huh? When did I say critique is uncalled for on ATS? I stay completely out of the O&C forum, it's a pointless argument to get into. No one will ever say: "Yes, you made a good point, I now change my beliefs..." Creationists and Evolutionists have the exact same degrees from the exact same institutions and the exact same data to look at, but their presuppositions determine their beliefs.

To me it's pointless. But I was never referring to the O&C forum.

stay away from that guy, even if you agree with him you are wrong, and he is protected.

I feel it is his job to stir the pot...
edit on 12/15/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

stay away from that guy, even if you agree with him you are wrong, and he is protected.

I feel it is his job to stir the pot...

Stay away from who and does the job pay in USD?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Sweet, my thread made the top of your hate list

well FX you ok by me now man, I was just pointing out the wording you chose to use to attack or whatever, honestly I thought it was madnesses' post I was just judging the childish title you chose.

I am wondering why you flip/flop alot ? Saying you are God fearing and then denounce in another thread... sometimes even the same topic.

got my eye on you

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I was talking about madnessinmysoul...

the Darwin/Obama dude everyone would just love to reach thru the screen and spread some love to.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Oh. OK.

Are you still on for that bet?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by masqua

I was talking about madnessinmysoul character... the Darwin/Obama dude that everyone would just love to reach thru the screen and yell some sense into his head.

I would just love to close or trash this useless thread but I've posted in it already. Us "lords" have rules and one of them is that we don't action in a thread we post in. As the Stones say, "You can't always get what you want."

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

well we could alter the bet then so I may be able to win some of my money back, I wage differently then betting that the majority of the Mods are Canadian.

I think you are ok though... I am sorry I am dissing your country but the majority of your people up there have some serious communication problems and are very rude.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

reply to post by masqua

well we could alter the bet then so I may be able to win some of my money back, I wage differently then betting that the majority of the Mods are Canadian.

I'll still bet $20 against that demographic.

I think you are ok though... I am sorry I am dissing your country but the majority of your people up there have some serious communication problems and are very rude.

Maybe it's in your approach.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

hey man you have a problem with being fair and unbiased ? I can state what I think about Canadians in general/group right... Us Americans deal with a battery of it so please do not try to keep me on my toes.

I think this topic is working very well and shedding new light for me, just because I do not like most Canadians you want to trash it ?

I question who gave you mod authority !

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Maybe it's in your approach.

my approach dear was just joining in and then being clubbed to death and gang-banged (pardon the french)

this is my response to the wth is going on around here... nothing more.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

just because I do not like most Canadians you want to trash it ?

Nope. As a Canadian I'm laughing my ass off at your ignorance. As a staffer I see this as a huge waste of space. The membership doesn't need this. Unless they need a good laugh as well.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes ok, well since you joined in and say you can not delete it... just step aside like a mod and let the conversation go on. Everything was going quite well until someone began to post bias.

this is useless ??? what about 80% of the threads and topics on this whole site for being useless...

in my opinion of course

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

my approach dear

You really think a hoary 64 yo dude from Ontario is a 'dear'? That's what I mean about your approach. It sounded condescending and belittling. You have your venue here in the board business forum where you can air your concerns. No problem with that at all.

But attacking an entire country while doing so is a bit overzealous, don't you yhink?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Good Lawd.

All this pomp and stance over a mere few rightfully actioned off-topic posts?

No need to hoist one's self on their own petard over that.

As was mentioned or alluded to by fellow members Very early on in the replies...

Thread titles insinuating or asserting personal opinion(s) with regards various groups, beliefs and/or organized associations and what not are perfectly fine ... with the exception of those having a 'stormfront-type' mentality and/or approach, mind you.

Posts, within those threads, focused upon or addressing the character and/or person of individuals who hold such beliefs are not.

Threads the likes of what you mention and allude to are typically merely started as bait to draw out the usual players, if you will.

It's each and every's choice whether they join 'the game' or not ...

... but if they do, they need to focus on the ball and Not the player.

Quite Simple, actually.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

You have started several threads calling evolutionists ignorant, insane, boring and childish as your thread titles....what do you expect? Why dont you start a thread on something you actually know stuff about.....

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

totally understandable, but just to mention... I am on another site I have been on for almost 12 years, it is owned by a Canadian and hosted in USA, the site has no moderation at all and no one gets banned, admitted it is a smaller group and we have known each other for sometime we have a different kind of respect I guess that just comes from being a smaller group of like-minded people.

I realize the vote thing totally will not work... I am getting more and more used to this site everyday and I do not want to leave or get banned because I would like to stay and do battle (since that is the majority of debate here) I am just still looking for those rare 'resolved' topics, the ones that do not end in a dead end. I am very adaptable so hopefully I will get it in time...

Thanks for you input... (even if some think it is useless and that this thread should be trashed)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

reply to post by Gazrok

totally understandable, but just to mention... I am on another site I have been on for almost 12 years, it is owned by a Canadian and hosted in USA, the site has no moderation at all and no one gets banned, admitted it is a smaller group and we have known each other for sometime we have a different kind of respect I guess that just comes from being a smaller group of like-minded people.

I realize the vote thing totally will not work... I am getting more and more used to this site everyday and I do not want to leave or get banned because I would like to stay and do battle (since that is the majority of debate here) I am just still looking for those rare 'resolved' topics, the ones that do not end in a dead end. I am very adaptable so hopefully I will get it in time...

Thanks for you input... (even if some think it is useless and that this thread should be trashed)

Would you mind telling us what forum you have been on for the past 12 years? I am trying to imagine how a " small group of like-minded people" have discussions on various matters.

By the way, I am not a Canadian, I just remote my machines from different locations. My mood changes so often, it's hardly worth mentioning.
edit on 15-12-2010 by 2Faced because: I felt the urgent need to inject some sarcasm

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

After looking at your post history, it seems to me you are posting about the same topic over an over again. Bubble Gum posts where if your name is on it, it's another thread about the same thing.

this was me going off because of a certain poster with an agenda... I pulled their same agenda to prove a point, their like-worded topics all say the same thing too, albeit in a better manner and with a little more master trolling ability than I have... or even want.

You can go to another site where only people who agree with you post, but what would be the point in that if you are trying to win people over to you idea's?

I am not looking for everyone to agree with my ideas and yes I do realize I may leave anytime I wish but I am not a drop out.

All I'm getting from this thread is you are intolerant of people who don't agree with you and your methodology is to insult them and call people names. Instead of turning the other cheek, your response is to hit them in the face. Instead of attracting people to your side by making good arguments, you drive them away.

I am not intolerant, but I am responding to intolerance and bias... even from some with authority here.

There is a thin line between a devout follower and a fanatic. Now your here trying to harm ATS

why would you say I am trying to harm ATS ? this huge site... are you saying little ole me is actually doing harm because I have an opinion which goes against the majority, makes me suspicious...

They may not be the most popular threads, but amongst all the madness there is actual debate and sharing of ideas going on here.

the 'debate' always ends very shortly (usually by the first page) and the flaming (in a nice way of course) begins.

Also if you are expecting the Moderators to keep up with the number of posts this site receives you are being very unfair.

I only expect the moderators to delete and censor posts that are even worse than some of mine that have been posted and I complained about... but they still remain.

Soften you heart, it won't hurt and it feels quite nice in fact. We all have bad days and overreact at times when a topic brings out strong emotion in us. The crew at ATS is very tolerant of that also.

yes I had a bad day yesterday, my heart is soft man I tell you... but I fight fire with fire ! just have to figure a better way of pulling it off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join