It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Character attacking thread titles

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Hello.

I have recently been posting in the (origins and creation) section and I had quite a few posts removed today and a mod claimed I was attacking character...

Well I was in a way but I just wanted to know why the moderators of that section are not doing a better job at keeping the thread titles non-biased ?

I will post a list of the thread titles I find offensive and that attack character from said section if I must, but why on earth are some people allowed to be attacked when the mods sit around doing nothing or don't even see ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

I wonder the same thing myself...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I find these to not be neutral at all, very biased and to top it off... if you call one of these authors "ignorant" but even in a nice way, your post will be removed.

threads
Should "Creationism" be considered a sign of insanity?
The Ignorance of Creationists
"The Whole Silly Flood Story"

to start...

either these guys are master trolls or they are the mods themselves ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Well you know,

The Rise Of The ATS Invertebrate: or, it takes a spine to be a conspiracy theorist

Just my 2 cents.

Specifically this part would apply in your case.

Criticism Of A Group Of Like-Minded People Is Not A Personal Attack

This is the second-most common form of hypersensitive complaint we've been receiving. While such comments may help to provide insight into the author, posting something like, "UFO believers are fools," may be somewhat offensive, but is not typically a direct personal attack (this where context becomes important). As proponents of a broad spectrum of highly-speculative concepts and provocative conspiracy theories, our most important attributes that display professionalism and earnestness are a thick-skin, resiliency, and grace under pressure. We cannot be over-sensitive to broad-stroke criticism and instead must politely smile, brush it off, and continue our quest.

~Keeper

edit on 12/14/2010 by tothetenthpower because: to add some stuff.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC

I wonder the same thing myself...

possibly because they are mods, and this is a business right ? so they have to tailor to the un-truth to get the kids to give them money maybe.

it's all I can come up with... I have been told that if I ruffle a mods feathers that it wasn't really a bad thing but this plain blatant thread title attacks are uncalled for.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't know the specifics of what happened to you. I do know of the member who authored one of those thread and he is not a mod or admin.

Often there is a subtle difference between going after the "player" and going after the "ball". It is a slight difference. For example, you can say "That is a lie" in reply to a post, but you cannot say "You are a liar." One is discussing the subject at hand, the other discusses the poster.

Often this is the area where confusion occurs. Dancing in the gray areas.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Here I was thinking I was the only one to see this obvious violation.
It should also be banned to refer other humans as subhumans by calling them "beaners", "hajjis" and so forth.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

it's nothing about thin skin.. it is about derogatory comments in the very (title of threads)

you know, nasty language, belittlement ect...

why can others get away with it and other not ?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skittle
Here I was thinking I was the only one to see this obvious violation.
It should also be banned to refer other humans as subhumans by calling them "beaners", "hajjis" and so forth.

in a thread yes... that is slightly a different story..

I am talking about thread titles at the moment and why they are allowed to persist.

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact

it's nothing about thin skin.. it is about derogatory comments in the very (title of threads)

you know, nasty language, belittlement ect...

why can others get away with it and other not ?

It's a matter of you were attacking the POSTER, the specific person.

Those thread titles are simply speaking of the group of people, not one individual.

Here at ATS you can be critical of a GROUP of people, but to attack the poster as opposed to the information is the problem.

Name calling is not required for conversational purposes. And although I may agree that those thread titles are perhaps unecessary and childish, they certainly don't break the T&C as you have done.

Remember, you do not have the right to not be offended

~Keeper
edit on 12/14/2010 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I would like some action please

maybe even a warning sent to these trouble makers...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Here at ATS you can be critical of a GROUP of people, but to attack the poster

ok I get it now...

but how did I and would you know if I broke the T&C ?

I simply posted this in a response and directed at no one...

the lonely dictator

admin edit: VULGAR VIDEO REMOVED

exactly as shown above, so I must have offended the right person then eh ?
edit on 12-14-2010 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You would have gotten a U2U from the mod who actioned you, explaining how you broke T&C. If you want more elucidation upon the details just reply to the mod and ask for clarification. They are very good about helping out in this manner.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

I am unaware of what reason you would have been reprimanded, not my department

Although If you'd like as the above member posted, simply ask a mod, or file a complaint via your profile, they will let you know.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I have complained to the mod that removed my post about removing or making a change to 4 of the thread titles I mentioned.

I do not wish to attack people or even groups in my threads or my posts, so my intention is most certainly different.

I still smell fish !

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Are you serious? You don't know why was THAT Video deleted?

REALLY?!

Please review the Terms and Conditions of Use. (Hint: Off Topic, HIGHLY INSULTING and FULL of foul language).

Springer...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

yes my apologies... I realize now in the very beginning of the video there is a foul word.

I have found another solution as suggested by users.

Thanks...

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I've noticed this for quite some time here on ATS. Certain ideologies are allowed to be attacked with extreme prejudice, but you'd better not utter a condemning peep about the opposite ideology. Some perspectives are allowed ridiculously bigoted and hate-filled posts, yet if their perspective is attacked in like manner a warning issues and post removed.

I don't know what can be done, except maybe making sure in the small interview process that both sides of an ideological issue/theme for a forum are represented in the moderators? That way they can both strike down posts from the other ideology with equal prejudice?

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

agreed, there is always the solution of finding another forum not over-run by mostly teens...

I never got around to reading the terms and conditions because this is a Dictatorship as was stated to me in U2U from tptb, Instead I like to feel my boundaries out and let the rules be dictated to me, after all it is someones job right ?
edit on 12/14/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

A mod actually told you it's a "dictatorship"?

Well, that explains a lot.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join