It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Here is an example what happens when a country does not allow private ownership of guns:

Martial Law: UK Police Chief Mulls Banning Protests

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

UK police chief Sir Paul Stephenson is considering whether to ask the British government to ban protest marches altogether in response to last week’s student riots, a move that would place Britain under a de facto state of martial law.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lance_covel

Long automatics are regulated, heavily. VERY few people with the money, time, and knowhow to work the federal forms own automatics.

If you are referring to my AR15, the semi-automatic rifle-the only difference between it, and a semi-auto hunting rifle is cosmetics. And a bigger magazine.

My girlfriend and I both have one. And just because we have them, doesn't mean we regularly go on shooting rampages. The AR is the most popular rifle in the US, and yet it has resulted in no more violent crime than a bolt action rifle.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

Just to let you know America didn't win WW2 America wanted no part in WW2 until the bombing of pearl harbor
December 7 1941 , WW2 began September 1 1939. So America didn't join the war until more than 2 years after it began.
America helped to win the war. And so did my country Canada which took up the hardest lines in the war!! Positions such as Vimy ridge and Juno beach. Its disrespectful to those of other country who died in that horrible war to claim you're country on its own won that war.

Thank you from you're Canadian cousins from the north.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

If you believe that you are a fool... The pen is mightier than the sword only in so much as it can influence more people WITH swords....

Jaden

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

War leaves no victors, only survivors and corpses.

War is when the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other.
~Niko Bellic
edit on 16-12-2010 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

You obviously aren't well informed about history. The reason Hitler fell was the allied forces and making the mistake of invading and "armed" soviet union in winter. The reason that Russia didn't try the same thing Hitler did was because of an armed America who was proven to be willing to drop the bomb, which is what led to and allowed a COUP to take place. The reason America is kind of laughed at now is that we haven't proven that we are still willing to use the bomb. When NK shot at SK, we should have used a tactical nuke on pyong yang. Then I think Iran would've gotten in line and the world wouldn't think we're a giant pussy.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

*Pokes cieling with broom stick*

Quiet down up there Canada...I have to work in the morning!

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

A well educated and well informed populace knows where the ammo should go.
Just sayin'

A well educated and well informed populace should know that you can't defeat advanced scientific dictatorship with handguns

Oh really???

Most people have ar-15's ak74's

ak 47's...... im sure you could get hands on machine guns (as the criminals have uzi's and tech 9's among others here)......

Maybe not handguns, but sub machine guns could put a dent in them..
edit on 16-12-2010 by thecinic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

We would not have needed to use a nuke, even a tactical one. A few cruise missiles or even some regular bombing would shut them up quick enough. It would also give the Iranians pause.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I'm armed to the teeth and I'd still rather be called a pussy than start World War Three.

Just sayin'

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is completely off topic post

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I'm armed to the teeth and I'd still rather be called a pussy than start World War Three.

Just sayin'

I'm not armed to the teeth and I'd still rather be called a pussy than start World War Three.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BingeBob

Just pointing out that all country's involved in WW2 won the war not just the U.S. War is a horrible thing even to brag about. No one should be proud to have fought in a war.I'm glad we won the war but sorry the war had to be fought in the first place.
God bless

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh look everyone! Common Ground!

Neither of us wanna start World War Three...

Do you drink coffee? Maybe we can go grab a cup and discuss ways of not getting into world war three.
And don't worry about the crime here, I'll be armed

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hey I have an idea if you don't like the second amendment then stfu and move to Canada or some country in Europe that has gun control. They will never take our guns away its our god given right in this country to be allowed to bear arms for whatever reason. Go pick up a history book if the colonists didn't have guns this country would have been raped by the British Army back in the late 1700s. Your argument is garbage and this thread is ridicules. Don't like guns? Move leave get out because nobody cares about your whining and crying to try to ban the second amendment.You my friend are UN-American, and is the reason there are so many problems in this country.

How bout you try to contribute something better to this forum like oh i dunno.. getting the world economy out of the toilet?

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I'ts my third coffee already

link   
xavi1000

You cant even think of starting ww3 without a weapon sir....

link   

That's how many I usually have before my first...

I like being wide awake on my daily rampages.

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

That makes no sense...... You cant even think of starting ww3 without a weapon sir....

You can't start WW3 with AR 15s either

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
You have a better chance with a ar-15 then stones...

Like i said criminals have machine guns..

we can get them if we have too...

Not to mention a semi-automatic ak can be turned into an automatic with one pull of a plug..

Thats if we are attacked on the mainland......

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join