It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Americans need guns? Rip UP the Second Amendment, problem solved.

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

yawn....been posted many times in many other pages

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

it has 37 pages because it has interested us for 37 pages

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Since it is actually unconstitutional, I support that idea.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by prexparte
reply to post by xavi1000

wow thank you for the rather kind reply...apprecaition given back at ya

Thanks,we humans can solve every issue with words ,we dont need guns

You know this old quote : word is stronger than sword
edit on 15-12-2010 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

If we did not have so many criminals im talking thousands upon thousands of criminals, drug cartels terrorist armed, I would gladly use my words...However in todays logic we cannot use words. This is not a myth this is a fact. And facts cannot be disputed. words cannot sheild me from a bullet. a gun can stop a armed man before he gets near me

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

May i ask, what makes you so extremely anti gun ownership? what happen in your life that brought you to this decision?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

Nothings happened to me ....I travel in many countries(with tight gun control) when people are don't carying a guns but still is quite safe to go out in evening or every other public place .

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Really? What words would you have used to oppose Hitler? What chance do you think your arguments would have had of stopping you from being executed? What words would you have used to oppose the Soviet Union in the cold war? If the US had given up all our weapons and relied solely upon your words, how long until we all spoke Russian? I could go on and on, but I hope you can get my point.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown

I got into this debate recently but it seemed a little bit of topic so I thought I would take a risk and write a thread myself asking the above question “why do Americans need guns?”

Now to me I can understand why a farmer might own a few shotguns or a hunter might own a few hunting rifles but why does anyone need a semi-automatic, unless their objective is to kill. To me guns are inherently evil objects that have been designed to kill our fellow man and therefore are evil as is to use a gun to kill. Further to this there have been a number of high profile shootings in America were a gun man has committed multiple homicide or gang warfare has resulted in innocents being killed. Now with that in mind how can you possibly say that the right to bear arms is justified? Yes some people need guns to do their jobs such as game keepers, farmers and law enforcement but why does Joe the plumber really need one.

The argument is always that it’s for self defence, that way if someone pulls a gun on a knife on you, you can protect yourself. It’s a hard one to argue against, but surly if it were the case that gun’s were outlawed or heavily regulated it would lead to a overall reduction in the number of firearms owned and therefore the odds of someone pulling a gun on you would be greatly reduced therefore you wouldn’t have to own a fire arm and the odds would fall further. In any case you can never be sure it’s going to help your odds, if two gun men mug you or break into your house you’re already on the losing side. Now baring in mind that there are almost enough firearms America for every citizen the robbers are going to know you have a gun in your house, they are going to be prepared and have the element of surprise on their side.

Now am sorry to spit on your 2nd amendment right, but for me self defence is not a valid argument for defending the 2nd amendment. Also the ability to carry arms has been severely restricted by the Gun-Free School zones act of 1990 signed by Gorge H W Bush, which is ironic considering that 41% of republicans own a firearm compared to only 23% of democrats so kudos to Bush. This does mean though that as a law abiding citizen in a town or city you really can’t carry a gun knowing that you are not breaking a law. As such you would be better just not carrying one, so again if you get attacked by someone you shouldn’t have a gun to defend yourself in the first place because to be carrying said firearm you would be breaking the law.

The line that I love is this “we have places to keep people who can’t use their guns properly, they’re called prisons”. Very true, but you also have places called hospitals and mortuaries filled with the victims of the scum your keeping in prison, and thousands of homes full of grieving families. Would it not just be better to ban or regulate these guns out right that way no idiots going to prison and cheaper hospital bills and less tears.
Then we get to my favourite, the line that all gun loving conspiracy theorists loves. “ I need my guns to protect myself for when the government turn on its people and try to through us all in the FEMA camps”. If that is your reason for keeping a gun, then you shouldn’t be allowed to own a gun based on your sanity. This fantasy that one day the feds are going to come knocking at your door to put you on the FEMA bus, then you, in a spectacular move pull out your Glock and take them all out then spend the rest of your life like the incarnation of the movie Rambo: First Blood, is just a fantasy no more. It’s not going to happen and even if it does your guns won’t do you any good, you will either die or be put in the camps so again I don’t give that fantasy any credibility as a reason to keep a locker full of AR-15’s in bedroom.

So can someone please tell me why you need a gun? In the UK I know no one who owns a gun, and no one I know has ever been disadvantaged because of this why is it that the worlds “super power” is any different, Gun Laws are out of date, rip up the second amendment and join the 21st century .

Why do some people have/collect swords they were designed to kill and have probably killed more humans than the modern firearms. Its not the weapon that kills its the person behind that trigger that has intent to kill and there are many different tools besides guns that can be used for that purpose. If you want guns banned then you should also try getting all of these banned too, knifes, swords, scissors, baseball bats, tire irons, crossbows, bow and arrow's, shovels, pitchforks, hammers, vehicles, gasoline, electricity etc. and the list can be almost never ending. Banning guns is not a requirement to join the 21st century.

Look at it this way and this is proven facts Criminals will always get guns whether they are banned or not, they are criminals after all. Now if your a Criminal with a gun wouldn't it make your decision to carjack or break into someones house knowing that firearms are banned and regular law abiding citzens cannot own them wouldn't it just make their job much easier knowing that the victim/s are unarmed.

I chose to be armed because i'm an avid target shooter i'm also an NRA member and lastly to defend myself and my family if the situation ever presents itself. I am like millions of other American's that are gun owners, law abiding citizens that shoot guns for recreational purposes (ie. hunting, competition shooting etc.) and also to protect themselves for home defense. I sleep soundly knowing that my Remington 870 with "00" buckshot is within arms reach if ever I hear a window breaking in the middle of the night I know that I will have the upper hand if that situation ever occurs. It is our right as people on this earth to defend ourselves and not sit back and watch someone torture, maim, rape and or kill you and/or your family members. Sure a baseball bat can also be effective for defensive purposes same goes for a sword or knife and countless others, but most likely the person breaking into your home will have a firearm and what good is a baseball bat or sword then.

So your against guns, thats fine everyone has different opinions on everything. But what gives "You" the right to try to take mine and millions of other law abiding citizens that use their firearms for recreational purposes away because you think its the way it should be? Well me personally I think everyone should own a firearm and know how to shoot it and handle it safely but you don't see me out there pushing that agenda, if you don't want a firearm then don't get one, if you want one then go get one and learn how to use it safely it all comes down to "Choice", but don't sit there and tell me that you don't want me and millions of other law abiding citizens that you don't want us to have firearms because they kill people no they do not they are only a tool with which a person with intent to do bodily harm to another person or persons. Take the guns out of the crimials hands not the people that follow the rules and laws and refuse to be victims to armed criminals.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You are clearly not very well informed about history.Hitler was not opposed .German vote for him and admire it .When Soviet union crushed, reason was not soviet citizens armed with guns but coup.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Nothings happened to me ....I travel in many countries(with tight gun control) when people are don't carying a guns but still is quite safe to go out in evening or every other public place .

have you ever walked downtown los angeles I will even give you the beefit of a day walk, or watts, walk in that city...philidelphia, chicago...need i say more?

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Really? What words would you have used to oppose Hitler? What chance do you think your arguments would have had of stopping you from being executed? What words would you have used to oppose the Soviet Union in the cold war? If the US had given up all our weapons and relied solely upon your words, how long until we all spoke Russian? I could go on and on, but I hope you can get my point.

Well spoken again

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I never been in L.A ...but that is the debate here ....I see USA like all the free western democracies in Europe and Japan,Korea where is gun control limited and what is difference ? You are stating that USA is a war zone ? I think you are little paranoid and exagerating.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You are clearly not very well informed about history.Hitler was not opposed .German vote for him and admire it .When Soviet union crushed, reason was not soviet citizens armed with guns but coup.

I beleive hitlers actions was not stopped because who voted him in, I beleive he was stopped because of what he did

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

It's not well spoken ,it's a false analogy

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I never been in L.A ...but that is the debate here ....I see USA like all the free western democracies in Europe and Japan,Korea where is gun control limited and what is difference ? You are stating that USA is a war zone ? I think you are little paranoid and exagerating.

wait a minute here until you walk in los angeles or watts or a extremely crime infected do not call me paranoid....go be brave and walk through watts then come back to this room and tell me about gun control

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So you need to solve this high crime and unsecurity in other ways (there are many ways) but arming the population more and more is not good imo.More guns -->more blood.

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I was born in Los ANgeles in 1960, I watch civil rights go through its process. I have been to 32 states and have seen horrific crimes. You are obviously nieve to what is happening in america. Step out of your safe zone say, go visit, I wont even say watts you would not make it out alive, go visit the hoods of Los Angeles, then you will have the rights to be a advocate against gun rights that is if you still feel this way. You sir are the poster child of a moron anti gun adcovate

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

No, because if they come with a warrant, they are obeying the constitution. If they violate fundamental rights or those tenets set forth in the constitution to protect those rights, then they are being oppressive. They are already oppressive, and we shouldn't have let them get this far, but hopefully we will be able to remedy it peacefully, our right to bear arms is there if those peaceful measures continue to fail and the corruption gets deeper and worse.

Jaden

posted on Dec, 15 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Idiocy of Legislatively Reduced Magazine Capacity
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join